VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
benwaa
hyperion
rolphus
Studio
mr.a
Welsh
crang
Son of Nod
Juanito
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
shAdy
Bishop
Ye Olde Rog
Joe
tdmusic
scarlet pimpernel
jim_kezzle
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
RvZ
Sherrers
T.B
wookie
Seeley
33 posters

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 4 Empty Re: FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:I forget but you once got a Yank brilliantly i must concede, remind me it was something about punctuation (in spelling not timing).

I remember when we were introduced to Zoe Ball at Glastonbury millions of years ago when she was still Johnny Ball's little girl and not a slut.

hahahaha! oh Roger.

The septic was in Ibiza when he was carping on about grammar. I still remember his foghorn voice. It was at Ocean Drive I think. We were all a bit hammered and he was at the table next to us and was going on about how the americans were actually the best speakers of English and kept going ;

"we enunciate better, we have a more concise vocabulary... why! we even punctuate our speech. We are far superior... period"

and I murmured

"colon"

but everyone heard and started laughing including all the septic's mates. Ooh missus if looks could kill!
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Why would you end a sentence with a colon?
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Sherrers wrote:

aw that's lovely.

reminds me of

Vilhomena!!!

(took me AGES to find that I will have you know!)
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu May 14, 2009 10:06 pm

oh fantasctiche!

good one!
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm

But it's the same person!

Ye Olde Rog wrote:ah got you!

you are foolishly confusing :

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 4 17516310

with ;

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 4 Jimmy-10
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 10:33 pm

schoolboy error.

One is James Robertson Justice who tended to play shouty-crackers authoritarian be-'tached senior doctors in carry on type films before the secret equity labs finally perfected brian blessed model 01.

The other is Jimmy Edwards. Who tended to play shouty-crakcers authoritarian be-'tached senior headmasters in carry on type films before they invented brian blessed.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Sherrers wrote:schoolboy error.

One is James Robertson Justice who tended to play shouty-crackers authoritarian be-'tached senior doctors in carry on type films before the secret equity labs finally perfected brian blessed model 01.

The other is Jimmy Edwards. Who tended to play shouty-crakcers authoritarian be-'tached senior headmasters in carry on type films before they invented brian blessed.

so you can kill two taches with one brian blessed, interesting.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Thu May 14, 2009 11:29 pm

'tache trumps
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 am

can you remember what Jimmy Edward's headmaster character was though?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 am

Mr Whackem?

Whacko?
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 am

BBBZZ

wrong!

His character was "James Edwards" Wink

Whacko was the name of the sitcom.

trick question.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 am

I've got one (but I needed help from google)

seeing as you two are such a ridiculous double act. which film was jimmy edwards in with a top british comedy pairing. i'll give you a clue it;'s almost silent (but not a silent film)
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri May 15, 2009 12:35 am

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 4 Film1010

love it. great question, great film, really cheap on DVD too and proper hilarious.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri May 15, 2009 12:38 am

p.s

top one on the George Dawes clip singing Flintstones in German. One of my fave moments ever on Shooting Stars.

My fave has to be Richard Whitely.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri May 15, 2009 2:58 am

bigdaddy wrote:Why would you end a sentence with a colon?

you should know better than to get into that one by now mate
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri May 15, 2009 10:43 pm

He's just getting into the anal spirit of things! Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 2:59 am

I am very much enjoying Mad Men at the moment.

I get a bit turned off by hype and everyone is creaming their pants about it just cos it's HBO so ;

on the downside

it's just a soap opera. it really is.
    it's about Advertising. Great.
    As with most septic storylines it is almost totally devoid of morality
    watching the special features with Ad "people" talking about 'the american dream' makes me want to KILL!

on the upside

It's the late 50'. A-ring-a-ding! what's not to like?
    ladies are real ladies, men are men.

I chortle all the way through it because like most septic TV the main issue is probably what the 99% of dim dullards watching think is "cool". I.E the same people made Sopranos but the septic viewers (and most of the world) don't realise "crime is wrong" or watching Generation Kill that "war is bad"...

I just chortle all the way through because Mad Men is a one joke series. You can imagine septics watching going ;

oooOOoH they smoke a lot. My Gaaaaad they drink all day! Jesus that chiiild has no seatbelt on! My lord it's so racist! ooooOOOh it SOOOO sexist. Lord above were we Sooo awful?

yes.
    It was the 1950s, what seems to have eluded America is FUCK ALL HAS CHANGED except the stupidwee pointless issues. You can't smoke anywhere in America, you can't fart for fear of a lawsuit. But black people and women STILL get treated like a lukewarm turd.
    All the fun bits (like being pissed all day and smoking fags) have been eradicated. All the deadly issues like the entire eradication of 2 generations at the altar of consumerism... the totally and complete victory of shitty politics and evil big business over the globe thanks to media control.... racial/sexual equality having been UTTERLY ignored and remain as they were since the last century.... but HEY! we're healthy...

Any way!

I feel better now.

it's worth a gander if only for the costumes and haircuts.

sorry
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Sun May 17, 2009 12:58 am

That Flu is getting to you isn't it?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 am

Al wrote:That Flu is getting to you isn't it?

I'm better now.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue May 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Mad Men is a funny one.

I think if you continue to watch it timbo you will see the 'morality' element starts to come through. As people reap what they sow.

I watch it and have such a weird conflict. On the surface it is like watching a car crash. The hatred of women is so overt I put my hands over my eyes sometimes. BUT it is also chokka with strong women and their stories in adversity are compelling.

It's one of those things where everyone (meaning liberal men) thinks women will hate it. But we knew it was like that. It's no different than saying black people won't like watching Roots.

In fact I think I love it! Wink

You are right on many counts though. Nothing has changed.

Besides.. there are some GREAT outfits in there! Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 pm

that's really interesting TB! I wondered almost every minute I was watching it what women made of it.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 am

i honestly do not know what you are on about 90% of the time.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Wed May 20, 2009 1:48 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:i honestly do not know what you are on about 90% of the time.

TV. It's like flickering lights in the cave, but without that WOOOOOOOOH sound of mastodons outside...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed May 20, 2009 1:54 am

bigdaddy wrote:

TV. It's like flickering lights in the cave, but without that WOOOOOOOOH sound of mastodons outside...

Laughing Laughing

I don't have TV. It's a DVD. But I like the cut of your jib.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 am

bigdaddy wrote:

hahaha! brilliant.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Fri May 29, 2009 9:21 pm

reasonably interesting
    famous movie scene locations.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/25-cool-movie-locations
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 am

anyone seen the new terminator film yet?
    I'm planning on going to see it tonight but have heard it is shit.

Fair enough it probably is shit, but its shit I need to see for myself.
    Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Number of posts : 55

Post  Joe Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 am

jim_kezzle wrote:anyone seen the new terminator film yet?
    I'm planning on going to see it tonight but have heard it is shit.

Fair enough it probably is shit, but its shit I need to see for myself.

Went to see it Saturday, hadn't heard a good review beforehand but went anyway to make my own mind up an that.

In short, its good. Some wicked set pieces, and the stories not half bad, if a little confusing and contradictory in places.

The kid that plays the young Kyle Reese is good, and the new Brit bloke that plays the mysterious Marcus is very good. Its all wrapped up too quickly though.

To be honest, its worth the entrance fee alone for Moon Bloodgood . Christ she's hot. I'll even forgive the ridiculous name on account how fit she is...
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 am

Joe wrote:it's worth the entrance fee alone for Moon Bloodgood . Christ she's hot. I'll even forgive the ridiculous name on account how fit she is...

A brief visit to google image backs you right up Joe. Shocked
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 am

I liked it.

My theory is basically... killer robots and spaceships. What's not to like? I apply that rule to any film.

I watched Frost/Nixon last night. Awfully good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:09 am