VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
benwaa
hyperion
rolphus
Studio
mr.a
Welsh
crang
Son of Nod
Juanito
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
shAdy
Bishop
Ye Olde Rog
Joe
tdmusic
scarlet pimpernel
jim_kezzle
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
RvZ
Sherrers
T.B
wookie
Seeley
33 posters

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 3 Empty Re: FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue May 12, 2009 11:04 pm

yeah but you are a fucking weirdo
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 am

my esteemed elderly amigo is correct.

I know why I am so weird on the board today.

I watched 'Australia' last night.

I got all annoyed I'd spent £14 on something so shit and then I started to get into it and by the end I was in tears.

So I feel exploited and used today.

It's the little cheeky aboriginal boy's face! Don't cry!
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Wed May 13, 2009 5:06 am

aw bless! Sad
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Wed May 13, 2009 5:53 am

4 min trailer of new Terminator film: Terminator Salvation

Looks awesome!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 am

Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Number of posts : 55

Post  Joe Wed May 13, 2009 6:56 pm

I reckon Bale was well within his rights to tear strips off that lackey. I bet secretly he's not sorry at all. I mean he's an artist right, he was trying to be creative. Cant have some cunt interfering. Imagine some crank coming into the DJ booth and fucking with the monitors or summat while your trying to mix. You'd have them ejected toot sweet. I would anyway.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Too right Joe. You play with fire you get yourself burnt.

Words of the day "Toot sweet". Laughing
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

i think this will be the hit of the summer

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13408&count=0
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Wed May 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Will it be as good as ricidulous mega shark versus really giant bear?

Comment overheard on "American History X": "Do I need to watch parts I to IX to get this one?"
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed May 13, 2009 9:18 pm

bigdaddy wrote:Will it be as good as ricidulous mega shark versus really giant bear?

Comment overheard on "American History X": "Do I need to watch parts I to IX to get this one?"

how big is the bear?
    Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Post  Joe Wed May 13, 2009 9:19 pm

bigdaddy wrote:Will it be as good as ricidulous mega shark versus really giant bear?

Reminds me of when I once asked a mate if he'd seen Rita, Sue & Bob Too.

He replied "I havent even seen the first one"

Laughing
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed May 13, 2009 9:36 pm

two of the lads i used to work with

went to see lord of the rings

thinking it was some sort boxing film
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

A guy I used to work with also toured with a couple of big Australian bands. He decided, at a festival in Denmark, that he wanted to go and see REALLY LOUD METALRAWK! YEAH, LOUD! So he looked through the programme and decided to go see 10,000 Maniacs.

[A soft acoustic lady-singing band from the same time as REM, for those who aren't familiar with the group.]
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Alan Bennet's "The Madness of George III" was genuinely changed to "The Madness of King George" in anticipation of the american market. Factoid.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 am

Joe wrote:I reckon Bale was well within his rights to tear strips off that lackey. I bet secretly he's not sorry at all. I mean he's an artist right, he was trying to be creative. Cant have some cunt interfering. Imagine some crank coming into the DJ booth and fucking with the monitors or summat while your trying to mix. You'd have them ejected toot sweet. I would anyway.

playing devils advocate I would say it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

I was going to be cryptic and leave it there Very Happy

It wasn't a lackey it was the DP. Who technically is second really only to the director. I've been on both sides of the techie/turn argument. I lean towards the techies. I think 'artists' are way overvalued in all the arts.

To follow your analogy Joe I've leaned into the DJ booth more than once and turned down a distorted DJ who is paying no attention at all to their surroundings, turned the monitors down and had a few taken off. And they have all lost the plot at me. I had to remind them they aren't nearly the most important thing in the night's machinery. Especially when they are displaying all the symptoms of being either amateurs... or are "pros" who have not paid attention to what they are doing for far too long.

I think i am playing devil's advocate mainly cos I don't like Bale's stupid transatlantic accent Very Happy
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 am

Sherrers wrote: transatlantic accent
    haha, yes well annoying isnt it. Laughing
    Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Post  Joe Thu May 14, 2009 1:53 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Joe wrote:I reckon Bale was well within his rights to tear strips off that lackey. I bet secretly he's not sorry at all. I mean he's an artist right, he was trying to be creative. Cant have some cunt interfering. Imagine some crank coming into the DJ booth and fucking with the monitors or summat while your trying to mix. You'd have them ejected toot sweet. I would anyway.

playing devils advocate I would say it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

I was going to be cryptic and leave it there Very Happy

It wasn't a lackey it was the DP. Who technically is second really only to the director. I've been on both sides of the techie/turn argument. I lean towards the techies. I think 'artists' are way overvalued in all the arts.

To follow your analogy Joe I've leaned into the DJ booth more than once and turned down a distorted DJ who is paying no attention at all to their surroundings, turned the monitors down and had a few taken off. And they have all lost the plot at me. I had to remind them they aren't nearly the most important thing in the night's machinery. Especially when they are displaying all the symptoms of being either amateurs... or are "pros" who have not paid attention to what they are doing for far too long.

I think i am playing devil's advocate mainly cos I don't like Bale's stupid transatlantic accent Very Happy

Very Happy

Think my analogy was based more on someone who knew what they were doing. Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 am

Ah yes you mean the ever ponytailed and maglit nitwit "the soundman".

I know you've got a job description and the interests of the venue and the responsibility of the environmental sound levels at heart... but I've been doing this longer than you mate.. in fact I was trying to turn it DOWN Wink

My favourite is there was a really fucking annoying limiter at the new venue where Jaded is in London. Their sound man took the "Limiter? I don't know what you mean mate there is no limiter" stance with me. His next stance was the old "you fiddle about as much as you like mate we've made it DJ proof". The limiter was clearly in another room.

Still managed to re-rout it all straight to the amps and get twice as much out of it.

THEN he starts to lose his cool. But I thought there wasn't any limiter mate?

However I do sympathise with them. Remember they actually deal 90% of the time with teenage wannabe DJs who drive everything into the red and beyond. I usually make a peace offering immediately to them and take it off the reds.

anyway

Overt the years I have got a bit of a thick skin (only lately!) and I think young Christian could do with learning a bit of grace and accept an apology when it is given and move boldly onwards to conquer fresh robots cos really we need him to be saving the world not tearing into the crew. They are not our invincible robot enemy after all innit.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu May 14, 2009 2:52 am

don't get me started with fucking amateur DJs messing with my delicate equipment!

Evil or Very Mad
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu May 14, 2009 2:53 am

..and I've see the Sheridan unit proper lose it!

Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 2:56 am

(I'm going to regret this)

Ok, when?
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Thu May 14, 2009 3:04 am

I can't wait for this

*gets popcorn*
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu May 14, 2009 7:29 am

Bishop wrote:Words of the day "Toot sweet". Laughing

I prefer that to the original actually.

Supposed to be french isn't it?

Sheridan will correct us Wink
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 am

Sherrers wrote:(I'm going to regret this)

Ok, when?

oh several times.

When you played at that place in Kings Cross and prior to that in Fabric for example.

mmmmmmm?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 am

BALLS Rog!
    I had nearly killed a child I was allowed to be freaked out but I didn't shout at anyone.

Token Bird wrote:
    Bishop wrote:Words of the day "Toot sweet". Laughing

I prefer that to the original actually.

Supposed to be french isn't it?

Sheridan will correct us Wink

actually it's german ;

RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 am

hahahaha!!

that reminds me when that guy in Amnesia was trying to be clever with you mate and he was going " ach you know all der kidz nowdayz all love zat crazy guy from holland... you know EVERYBODY loves him! Van Dyk!"

you put on a very innocent face, looked straight at him and went

"Dick."
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 14, 2009 7:48 am

Very Happy

yeah, he was. He didn't get it did he?

The same clip reminds me of exactly the same sort of thing which is beyond weird. I was describing a wicked T shirt I had made and I had a massive brain wipe and I was saying to you..

It's like a Warhol thing.. you know repeated images... dead guitarist! christ I can't remember! best guitarist ever! er... jimi!...JIMI something...come on Al

and you went

Jimmy Edwards?
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

ah got you!

you are foolishly confusing :

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 3 17516310

with ;

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 3 Jimmy-10
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 am

I forget but you once got a Yank brilliantly i must concede, remind me it was something about punctuation (in spelling not timing).

I remember when we were introduced to Zoe Ball at Glastonbury millions of years ago when she was still Johnny Ball's little girl and not a slut.

She said "Hi I'm Zoe... Zoe Ball"

and you went

"How very singular".

I was proud of you in those days. But the magic has gone Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 am