VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+16
Jonny Boy
Mac
scarlet pimpernel
RvZ
Rrriot Guurl
Jnr DJ
crang
Ye Olde Rog
Bishop
T.B
Sherrers
bigdaddy
wookie
Son of Nod
Broadhead
Fandango Widewheels
20 posters

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 Empty Re: Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:51 pm

I looked like John Merrick.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 Empty Re: Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Son of Nod wrote:
    Fandango Widewheels wrote:Your pram wheels have innertubes? What sort of vehicle is this?

Mamas and Papa Sport 03

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 Mamas-and-papas-o3-sport-pushchair

What's the idea behind three wheels rather than four? I've never figured that one out. Sommat to do with turning circle?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:
    Fandango Widewheels wrote:Your pram wheels have innertubes? What sort of vehicle is this?

Mamas and Papa Sport 03

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 Mamas-and-papas-o3-sport-pushchair

What's the idea behind three wheels rather than four? I've never figured that one out. Sommat to do with turning circle?

Erm...dunno. But it is well easy to push and turn. And, it is good over rough ground, has suspension! Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 pm

You do a lot of off-roading with the small nodule?
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Sherrers wrote:dextromethorphan hydrobromide
    [-methôr′fən]
    an antitussive derived from morphine but lacking opioid effects. NOT IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH OF IT SQUIRE
    indication It is prescribed for the suppression of nonproductive cough.
    contraindications Use of a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past 14 days or known hypersensitivity to this drug prohibits its use.
    adverse effects The most serious adverse reaction is respiratory depression resulting from large doses and transmorphology into bipedal lizard.
    Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. ©️ 2009, Elsevier.

dextromethorphan hydrobromide
    (dek´strōmthor´fan hī´drōbrō´mīd),
    n brand names: Benylin DM, Robitussin Pediatric, Vicks Formula 44;
    drug class: antitussive, nonnarcotic;
    action: depresses cough center in medulla;
    use: nonproductive cough.
    Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. ©️ 2008 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

haha nearly missed that Laughing
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:You do a lot of off-roading with the small nodule?

Go on walks down the canal.....so useful. Ahhhhh, being a father......Bisho will so discover these delights! Very Happy
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:28 pm

god i feel ill
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Son of Nod wrote:
    Fandango Widewheels wrote:You do a lot of off-roading with the small nodule?

Go on walks down the canal.....so useful. Ahhhhh, being a father......Bisho will so discover these delights! Very Happy

He'll just let the village pixies look after the bairn.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:35 am

Rrriot Guurl wrote:god i feel ill

baby talk?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I spent a few hours earlier this month creating a spreadsheet to calculate my month end accruals.

It's month end today and I got to use it for the first time.

Bar a few minor tweaks it worked. It'll save me about 90 minutes a month, payback approximately 3 months.

That's a result in anyones book cheers
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:20 pm

It's in english but I don't know what it means! I like it.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Sherrers wrote:It's in english but I don't know what it means! I like it.

Which bit?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:month end accruals.:

Shocked does it hurt?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Sherrers wrote:
    Fandango Widewheels wrote:month end accruals.:

Shocked does it hurt?

You have run various 'enterprises' and you don't know what month end accruals are? I'm starting to develop a picture Wink

It's an accounting practice (yes, as well as having to be an ace leader of men, machines, and moleclues I am also required to be a financial whiz)
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

The hand cream i was kindly donated by a colleague at work isn't doing the job i had hoped. The ends of my fingers are very dry.

I have attached a piece of kitchen roll to the bottom of my post-it notes. That way you can't hearmy phone vibrate on my desk. It looks tatty, but it does a job.

I have a West Yorkshire Police hat on my desk too. I don't know who's it is or where it came from but i look dashing in it. I love a good hat. It's not as good as my sailors one though. Nothing is.

Some woman has started sitting in MY seat on the bus. It's been really pissing me off, but she wasn't on the bus this morning so that pleased me.

My new coat has a removable hood. I've removed it.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Broadhead wrote:The hand cream i was kindly donated by a colleague at work isn't doing the job i had hoped. The ends of my fingers are very dry.

I have attached a piece of kitchen roll to the bottom of my post-it notes. That way you can't hearmy phone vibrate on my desk. It looks tatty, but it does a job.

I have a West Yorkshire Police hat on my desk too. I don't know who's it is or where it came from but i look dashing in it. I love a good hat. It's not as good as my sailors one though. Nothing is.

Some woman has started sitting in MY seat on the bus. It's been really pissing me off, but she wasn't on the bus this morning so that pleased me.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers brilliant.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 am

Broadhead wrote:The hand cream i was kindly donated by a colleague at work isn't doing the job i had hoped. The ends of my fingers are very dry.

You see you jaded one liner types just don't have the skillz.

Broadhead roolz cheers
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 am

I mowed the lawn this weekend, in-between the rain!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 am

This is how you do mundane sport.

Put up a rubbish shopping bag on eBay and sit back and see 49 'reviews' of the product become pure gold.

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 31cnsw10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0055RX2J4/b3ta-21
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 am

Clearly Armando Ianucci is involved? got to be.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 am

that's been doing the rounds with us. Pure gold as you say.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

177 of 179 people found the following review helpful
    5.0 out of 5 stars Great For The Day's News, And As A Replacement Wife, 5 April 2012
    By S. A. Wilkinson "fegbarr" (UK) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is for: Armando Iannucci - Long Handled Shopping Bag

My life has been empty and without meaning since Sarah left me and took the kids with her. I filled my days since that woeful night by watching my boxed sets of The Thick of It, the Day Today, and my pirated CDs of that Radio 4 programme he does. It made life just a little more bearable, though not all that bearable because my wife and kids had still left me and taken all the money from our joint account.

After six months the electricity was cut off, and I couldn't watch any more cutting-edge satire. Luckily, I still had the Armando Iannuci Long Handled Shopping Bag that I'd bought Sarah for our ten-year anniversary. She'd unwrapped it, put it in the back of a cupboard and never used it, looked at it or spoken of it again, presumably so as not to expose the picture to sunlight and fade the image thereupon. She treasured that bag at the back of the cupboard.

Well, I thought. If she's going off with the kids and some Iceland Manager from Brent, I'm going to use her precious bag. I popped down to WHSmiths and stocked up on the day's newspapers, determined to provide the satire that NPower were no longer willing to allow my DVD collection to provide.

The newspapers all fit snugly within, and when I returned home I found that the bag was perfect for propping against a half-drunk bottle of Kia Ora and perusing the newspapers with. It was like Armando was there, offering his own unique take on the day's events.

"Oh, bag-Armando," I'd say. "What do you think of this pasty tax business?"

"Well," he'd squeak in response. "If only it was a prat-sy tax, we could tax all the MPs!"

I love bag-Armando now. He sleeps in my bed, where Sarah once lay. He takes up far less room, and he's a lot more receptive to my romantic needs.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (4)

51 of 52 people found the following review helpful
    3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but picture is misleading, 5 April 2012
    By Cp Ullman "Charlie" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: Armando Iannucci - Long Handled Shopping Bag

I bought this bag for a friend who had requested a shopping bag with a picture of Armando Iannucci on it for her birthday. However, on receipt, the material was different than pictured and the photograph was of Peter Baynham and Stewart Lee holding hands. NOT what I asked for. It does function very well for carrying shopping and for engaging wispy-bearded thirty-somethings in conversation about The Saturday Night Armistice.

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comment

39 of 40 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars no instructions, 5 April 2012
    By P. K. Mumford (UK) - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)
    This review is from: Armando Iannucci - Long Handled Shopping Bag

I bought this item a few days ago and was very disappointed. No instructions for correct hand placement and all the items I bought from the grocers tasted pithy after being transported in it. Comes with a free Stewart Lee voodoo doll though. Bonus!

Was this review helpful to you?

I heartily recommend the other 49 reviews...
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Sherrers wrote:No instructions for correct hand placement and all the items I bought from the grocers tasted pithy

worth it just for that
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:44 pm

also my favourite bit cyclops

how queer
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 pm

RvZ wrote:also my favourite bit cyclops

how queer

and mine. Very Happy
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:46 am

I have been having a Berocca drink everyday

My wee is now very orange
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 am

Mundane fact.

Berocca as a solution is made mainly of water and beta carotene (orange colouring) and an arguably over-high dose of B12. One of the side effects is orange wee. So the consumer thinks it is 'working'. Any health related side effects as yet unsubstantiated.

If you enjoyed this product you may also enjoy vodka with orange, the 'healthy booze'. There are no positive benefits to that drink either except a slightly more exaggerated short term illusion of well being.

sunny

Any other snake oil product myths need busting?

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 am

Sherrers wrote:Mundane fact.

Berocca as a solution is made mainly of water and beta carotene (orange colouring) and an arguably over-high dose of B12. One of the side effects is orange wee. So the consumer thinks it is 'working'. Any health related side effects as yet unsubstantiated.

If you enjoyed this product you may also enjoy vodka with orange, the 'healthy booze'. There are no positive benefits to that drink either except a slightly more exaggerated short term illusion of well being.

sunny

Any other snake oil product myths need busting?

Vodka n coke is better. Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 am

As a vitamin supplement?

I'm never taking my clothes off in your surgery again so-called-'doctor'-Nod
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 am

Sherrers wrote:As a vitamin supplement?

I'm never taking my clothes off in your surgery again so-called-'doctor'-Nod

Yes sir indeedy...

My surgery...
    Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 12 Rembrandt-anatomyz2-1024x688

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:13 am