VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
benwaa
hyperion
rolphus
Studio
mr.a
Welsh
crang
Son of Nod
Juanito
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
shAdy
Bishop
Ye Olde Rog
Joe
tdmusic
scarlet pimpernel
jim_kezzle
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
RvZ
Sherrers
T.B
wookie
Seeley
33 posters

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 31 Empty Re: FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Post  Son of Nod Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:12 am

A Nightmare On Elm St is rubbish!!!!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 am

Al wrote:I'm sorry but I really didn't rate it.

I'm happy to debate the fact Wink

You will rue the day you said that!

Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:29 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Al wrote:I'm sorry but I really didn't rate it.

I'm happy to debate the fact Wink

You will rue the day you said that!

It's a farce. I was gutted. Mind you I only watched the first one. Where they claim to basically be taking on the entire Axis as usual...
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 am

Predators is worth a watch. If you don't have anything better to do...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:50 am

Son of Nod wrote:Predators is worth a watch. If you don't have anything better to do...

I don't, so I will.

Cheers Nodule.

I'll argue the toss about 'The Pacific' with the doubting thomas contingent another time Wink
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:51 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:Predators is worth a watch. If you don't have anything better to do...

I don't, so I will.

Cheers Nodule.

I'll argue the toss about 'The Pacific' with the doubting thomas contingent another time Wink

It ain't the best one made....but will do.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Watched The Crazies last night, and I bloddy well enjoyed it!!!
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 am

Son of Nod wrote:Watched The Crazies last night, and I bloddy well enjoyed it!!!

I saw the Stinky's crowd from the monitors too.
    Turns out they weren't 'Crazies' like Jimmy Krankie is cuurazy.... just all unwashed retarded vest wearing electro gash victims.
    I resolutely failed to enjoy it.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

Super 8

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 31 Super-8_movie-poster

Quite fancy this...
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am

I watched Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween II and loved it even though I thought I would hate it. The way some of the sequences are filmed is very clever, even though it is basically just a slasher movie. It’s pretty brutal in parts as well without slipping into ‘violence for violence’ sake.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 am

MarkD77 wrote:I watched Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween II and loved it even though I thought I would hate it. The way some of the sequences are filmed is very clever, even though it is basically just a slasher movie. It’s pretty brutal in parts as well without slipping into ‘violence for violence’ sake.

I thought it wasn't as good as his first remake, even though the start was rather jolly!
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 am

Son of Nod wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:I watched Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween II and loved it even though I thought I would hate it. The way some of the sequences are filmed is very clever, even though it is basically just a slasher movie. It’s pretty brutal in parts as well without slipping into ‘violence for violence’ sake.

I thought it wasn't as good as his first remake, even though the start was rather jolly!

I've not seen the first one, I'll check it out.

Have you seen house of a thousand corpses and the devils rejects?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:

Devils Rejects yes....watched that one Christmas day, along with the Elephant Man! Very Happy

Not seen the House of A Thousand Corpses yet!
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:49 am

Son of Nod wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:

Devils Rejects yes....watched that one Christmas day, along with the Elephant Man! Very Happy

Not seen the House of A Thousand Corpses yet!

Wow, Christmas day at your house must be fun Wink

'Here love, fancy a nice dose of violence with your turkey?'

House of a 1000 corpses is class. I'm thinkng you would like it.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:06 am

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:54 am

Very Happy
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:05 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:

Yeah Rob Zombie has that style of horror flick nailed. Lew Temple (who's in Devils Rejects... I think he gets an axe in the back from memory Shocked) took me and my mates for a night out in Hollywood when we went on a road trip in the US. He's quality guy, he had us drinking all sorts of cowboy style shots hobnobbing with D-list waiters / out of work actors! drunken
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:13 am

I can feel Devils Rejects coming on!!! Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 am

elrusto wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:

Yeah Rob Zombie has that style of horror flick nailed. Lew Temple (who's in Devils Rejects... I think he gets an axe in the back from memory Shocked) took me and my mates for a night out in Hollywood when we went on a road trip in the US. He's quality guy, he had us drinking all sorts of cowboy style shots hobnobbing with D-list waiters / out of work actors! drunken

I've been twice and not even seen Mickey Mouse!
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:01 pm

bloody hell.

I thought you lot were told about silly zombies, trainers and football.

Rolling Eyes
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Rolling Eyes
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 pm

She's right. The culture element is on the wane...

Predators.
    Balls. The point of a monster film is not seeing the monster. Adrien Brody is about as convincing as a mercenary as Dale Winton is as Darth Vader (Coming this Xmas ;Queen's Theatre Panto, Bournmouth.)

The Disappearance of Alice Creed.
    Harrowing. No fun. Worth a watch for the good acting alone. I liked it. You won't.

V. Series 1.
    Not much point if you watched the original series. Not having a point never stopped me doing anything though. It's quite good actually.

In Search of the Great Beast 666 ; Aleister Crowley.
    low budget documentary on officially "the world's wickedest man" (no, not that kind of wicked). I've always been interested in him. Not cos I'm a satanist or anything. Of course it's my fave period of history. Everything we consider 'modern' was either invent or conceived of in the 19th century. He was a true victorian pioneer. Not a trailblazer in witchcraft or magic (or 'Magick' as it is supposed to be apparently) or even in being a badarse... he was one of the first self constructed media panto villains. One of the first to have access to global media (just invented), the first to court it deliberately and certainly the first to not only prove but invent the concept of there being "no such thing as bad publicity".
    I loved it just cos it's a DVD on him that now sits on my shelves waiting to be spotted by my old folks. But it skims his life and there is nothing in the film you couldn't find on google or god forbid in a book about him.

The Clone Wars ; series 2
    Star Wars. Hours and hours of it. Like most american telly aceness it has overcome initial obstacles by having different directors and writers etc etc each episode and has real dynamics. In that some episodes are non stop lasers, killer robots and spaceships (the holy trinity) and some are totally west. Some are very quiet and clever.
    It's a cartoon. For kids. I love it.
    Star Wars though innit.
    Star.
    Wars.
    End of

I'd like to do more but my mum wants to go on facebook and I'm supposed to be using their computer to look for car parts...
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:07 pm

You may have seen frozen in the shops or block buster. I personally thought it was a load of rubbish. It's about three people getting stuck on a ski lift. You can pretty much guess what is going to happen. They get a little bit cold.

The walking dead is still good. I want to know what happens with the guy with no hand.

The pacific seems to be good but I think I will have to watch it again. I watched the same episode twice it was at the end of the second time I realised. Don't think I had my full attention span.

Still love South Park. Makes me laugh out load.

Perl Harbour Sucks.

So do the films that stare ufc fighters. They can't act and the fights still look shit.

RED is funny if you get a chance its worth a watch. Its like The expendables but more clever. Plus you have got to love the mix of actors.

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Sherrers wrote:She's right. The culture element is on the wane...

Predators.
    Balls. The point of a monster film is not seeing the monster. Adrien Brody is about as convincing as a mercenary as Dale Winton is as Darth Vader (Coming this Xmas ;Queen's Theatre Panto, Bournmouth.)

The Disappearance of Alice Creed.
    Harrowing. No fun. Worth a watch for the good acting alone. I liked it. You won't.

V. Series 1.
    Not much point if you watched the original series. Not having a point never stopped me doing anything though. It's quite good actually.

In Search of the Great Beast 666 ; Aleister Crowley.
    low budget documentary on officially "the world's wickedest man" (no, not that kind of wicked). I've always been interested in him. Not cos I'm a satanist or anything. Of course it's my fave period of history. Everything we consider 'modern' was either invent or conceived of in the 19th century. He was a true victorian pioneer. Not a trailblazer in witchcraft or magic (or 'Magick' as it is supposed to be apparently) or even in being a badarse... he was one of the first self constructed media panto villains. One of the first to have access to global media (just invented), the first to court it deliberately and certainly the first to not only prove but invent the concept of there being "no such thing as bad publicity".
    I loved it just cos it's a DVD on him that now sits on my shelves waiting to be spotted by my old folks. But it skims his life and there is nothing in the film you couldn't find on google or god forbid in a book about him.

The Clone Wars ; series 2
    Star Wars. Hours and hours of it. Like most american telly aceness it has overcome initial obstacles by having different directors and writers etc etc each episode and has real dynamics. In that some episodes are non stop lasers, killer robots and spaceships (the holy trinity) and some are totally west. Some are very quiet and clever.
    It's a cartoon. For kids. I love it.
    Star Wars though innit.
    Star.
    Wars.
    End of

I'd like to do more but my mum wants to go on facebook and I'm supposed to be using their computer to look for car parts...

I did say it was worth a watch.... Suspect
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:05 am

Sherrers wrote:

hahaha I don't know why but hahahha!
    mr.a
    mr.a
    wrong un

Number of posts : 90

Post  mr.a Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

best.christmas.movie.ever:

http://www.rareexportsmovie.com/en

highly recommended.

T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Hello Mister. Has it gone weirdly super cold over there too? Are you ok?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 am

Inception

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:24 am

Not a film...but based on a film....

FAR FAR AWAY
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Finally got round to watching Rob Zombie's remake of the first Halloween last night. Class film but really should have watched it before the second one.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:08 am