VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
benwaa
hyperion
rolphus
Studio
mr.a
Welsh
crang
Son of Nod
Juanito
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
shAdy
Bishop
Ye Olde Rog
Joe
tdmusic
scarlet pimpernel
jim_kezzle
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
RvZ
Sherrers
T.B
wookie
Seeley
33 posters

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 32 Empty Re: FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Post  Ben Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 pm

MarkD77 wrote:Finally got round to watching Rob Zombie's remake of the first Halloween last night. Class film but really should have watched it before the second one.

I can't believe it, I don't think I have seen either. I was getting them mixed up with the remake of Friday the 13th.

Quality!!
    mundyke
    mundyke
    very valued guest

Number of posts : 30

Post  mundyke Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:59 am

Been checking the forum for a while but this is my 1st post. All I seem to do these days it watch films so I'm straight in with some reviews ......

i saw 127 Hours the other night and I liked it. The bit where he cuts his arm off isn't so bad and Danny Boyle's done a good job keeping you hooked for the whole thing. James Franco plays it well, recommended.

Started watching the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buschemi playing the lead and the first one directed by Scorcese. It's about prohibition gangsters in Atlantic City. It's very Sopranos but that's no bad thing. The main guy from This Is England, the scouse nutter, is playing Al Capone with a very dodgy accent. I've seen the first couple and it looks like it'll be a good series.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:25 am

mundyke wrote:Been checking the forum for a while but this is my 1st post. All I seem to do these days it watch films so I'm straight in with some reviews ......

i saw 127 Hours the other night and I liked it. The bit where he cuts his arm off isn't so bad and Danny Boyle's done a good job keeping you hooked for the whole thing. James Franco plays it well, recommended.

Started watching the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buschemi playing the lead and the first one directed by Scorcese. It's about prohibition gangsters in Atlantic City. It's very Sopranos but that's no bad thing. The main guy from This Is England, the scouse nutter, is playing Al Capone with a very dodgy accent. I've seen the first couple and it looks like it'll be a good series.

Welcome Mundyke.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 am

hello and welcome mundyke!

you've chosen a very quiet time to pop up. everyone is away.

love your pic but can you make it black and white?

it's the only rule, apart from being nice

Very Happy
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 am

Ben wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:Finally got round to watching Rob Zombie's remake of the first Halloween last night. Class film but really should have watched it before the second one.

I can't believe it, I don't think I have seen either. I was getting them mixed up with the remake of Friday the 13th.

Quality!!

Hush! You'll get your hands slapped for daring to talk about horror / zombie films! Shocked

Oh, and welcome Mundyke. Good choice of avatar, as soon as it's in black and white, you're a fully fledged wrong'un (ie a figment of Sherrers' imagination Wink )
    mundyke
    mundyke
    very valued guest

Number of posts : 30

Post  mundyke Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 am

Now changed to Black n white, I was wondering if I'd get told off for the colour pic, arghhh

Thanks for the welcomes Very Happy
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 am

Hello hello mundyke, welcome. bounce
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 am

welcome!
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:55 am

Well bugger me, have we got a new member? Champagne all round!

Welcome bounce bounce bounce
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:16 am

Hello and welcome Very Happy
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:04 am

Watched that 30 days of Night - Dark days...

Wasn't all that...
    crang
    crang
    vvw

Number of posts : 687

Post  crang Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 am

I have also seen 127 hours,and can confirm it,s worth a watch.

Danny boyle does the human emotion thing very well!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 am

Welcome Mundyke!

I've not seen anything good in ages.

I want to see The King's Speech

..because I read the Guardian so I simply have to.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 am

Sherrers wrote:I want to see The King's Speech

Geoffrey Rush and royalty - not for me.

I'm going to Black Swan instead, for the pretty ballerinas. And the shrieking.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am

bigdaddy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I want to see The King's Speech

Geoffrey Rush and royalty - not for me.

I'm going to Black Swan instead, for the pretty ballerinas. And the shrieking.

Apparently natalie portman fingerbangs herself in it.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:43 am

wookie wrote:Apparently natalie portman fingerbangs herself in it.

Now Wookie, we don't call it "fingerbanging". We call it - well, according to http://www.worldwidewank.com/synonyms3.html - "beating round the bush".

In a tutu.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 am

wookie wrote:
    Apparently natalie portman fingerbobs herself in it.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 am

This fucker has ground to a halt too. And I actually relied on this one for information about modern moving pictures.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Inception - Worth a watch, really enjoyed it. Got a little lost in the third of fouth level. Would definatly watch again.

The Last Exorcism - Personally thought it was a load of wank. Unless you are a fan of exorcism movies you are not missing a lot by not watching it.

Piranha 3D - However I watched in in 2D. Bit like Jaws. Kelly Brook is in it looking fine. There is a scene were a load of americans get munched for being thick cakes, brilliant.

Harry Brown - Great Michael Caine film. Have saved it on sky to watch again. Michael gets fed up with the youth of today and goes out and kicks some ass. Great stuff.

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 32 Empty Captain America: The First Avenger

Post  Son of Nod Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 am

Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:15 am

Have you all watched "The Wire"?? If you haven't then it is a must. Watched all five series last year, loved them all. Have just foud series one in my collection and I'm looking forward to watching it again.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

Ben wrote:Have you all watched "The Wire"?? If you haven't then it is a must. Watched all five series last year, loved them all. Have just foud series one in my collection and I'm looking forward to watching it again.

There are quite a few fans of the Wire on here. Tim is a mahoosive fan.

I've just watched a Spanish film called 'Rec' which was pretty damned good.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:53 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    Ben wrote:Have you all watched "The Wire"?? If you haven't then it is a must. Watched all five series last year, loved them all. Have just foud series one in my collection and I'm looking forward to watching it again.

There are quite a few fans of the Wire on here. Tim is a mahoosive fan.

I've just watched a Spanish film called 'Rec' which was pretty damned good.

I enjoyed watching REC. Think the spanish did an all right job. The americans did a remake called Quarantine. Pretty much the same from recolection. Reckon you give it a whirle to compare!!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 am

I could check but i thought Ben was on here for a while? We've done all them matey!

There can't possibly be a good film about Captain America. Because he is shit.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 pm

I think we should abandon this thread.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Ben wrote:Inception - Worth a watch, really enjoyed it. Got a little lost in the third of fouth level. Would definatly watch again.

The Last Exorcism - Personally thought it was a load of wank. Unless you are a fan of exorcism movies you are not missing a lot by not watching it.

Piranha 3D - However I watched in in 2D. Bit like Jaws. Kelly Brook is in it looking fine. There is a scene were a load of americans get munched for being thick cakes, brilliant.

Harry Brown - Great Michael Caine film. Have saved it on sky to watch again. Michael gets fed up with the youth of today and goes out and kicks some ass. Great stuff.

Enjoyed this one. Gonna be watching True Grit soon.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Token Bird wrote:I think we should abandon this thread.

Come on TB don't get down hearted by this thread. Why don't you give it a whirl. Am sure there a few films you would like to discuss.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Son of Nod wrote:
    Ben wrote:Inception - Worth a watch, really enjoyed it. Got a little lost in the third of fouth level. Would definatly watch again.

Enjoyed this one. Gonna be watching True Grit soon.

Nice, looks like a good film.

Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 am

Cohen Brothers?

Passed a poster and thought it said so.

Stamp of guaranteed excellence. I'm sold. Great call chaps.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:53 am

Token Bird wrote:I think we should abandon this thread.

All blame leads to me like roads to Rome I'm afraid. It was easier when I was a hermit obviously. There is a massive difference just there being another person about the house if that makes sense. And I'm no fun anymore. I'll settle in eventually. I get the dog finally this weekend so that's a big lifter Very Happy

I used to get every new release and watch a film a day. After 3 months offline I'm in BIG trouble and people I work with are telling me off for not doing emails and facebook. I can't bear either and both have backed up like a blocked shitter.

Soz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 am