VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+16
Jonny Boy
Mac
scarlet pimpernel
RvZ
Rrriot Guurl
Jnr DJ
crang
Ye Olde Rog
Bishop
T.B
Sherrers
bigdaddy
wookie
Son of Nod
Broadhead
Fandango Widewheels
20 posters

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 18 Empty Re: Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Post  Sherrers Mon May 21, 2012 10:03 pm

How many a day are you trying to give up?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane - Page 18 Empty Re: Wookie's World of the Criminally Mundane

Post  Son of Nod Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Approx. 10 a day.....got these lozenges to help the craving. Had one this morning.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm

taking nicotine isn't giving up tho

good luck Nodule
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Mon May 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah, good luck on that one Noddy.

I would like to stop but i reckon the only way i would is if i had a non-smoking girlfriend, otherwise i am far too weak willed.

Aren't Champix supposed to be good?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

T.B wrote:taking nicotine isn't giving up tho

good luck Nodule

I know TB...gotta break the habit though.

Can't take Champix, due to a head injury I can't take stuff which could cause depression - which is a side effect.

I fear I am weak....Mrs Nod doesn't smoke, which will help. Thanks for the support. Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 pm

She is right taking nicotine is like giving a heroin addict methadone. You just end up addicted to methadone. I did nicotine gum and ended up doing two at a time every 30 mins all day Embarassed

However she's never smoked have you missus?

If you give up outright (I've done every method and it's the best for me) you have to have at least one week where you can avoid everyone. For me it's the 3rd week.

But if you have to live and work with others then you have to ease out of it.

I always find just rationing myself works for me. I start at 4 smokes a day, then 2 then 1 etc by the time I am down to 1 a day I find that single smoke ends up feeling a bit weird and desperate after a couple of weeks and it's dare I say actually easy to give up one fag a day.

Also when I fall off the wagon I go back to smoking 1 a day.

It's being pissed that is the killer though. Your brain forgets you've given up but your naughty body doesn't forget. Oh no. It's been waiting patiently for someone to switch the brain off.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon May 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Sherrers wrote:She is right taking nicotine is like giving a heroin addict methadone. You just end up addicted to methadone. I did nicotine gum and ended up doing two at a time every 30 mins all day Embarassed

However she's never smoked have you missus?

If you give up outright (I've done every method and it's the best for me) you have to have at least one week where you can avoid everyone. For me it's the 3rd week.

But if you have to live and work with others then you have to ease out of it.

I always find just rationing myself works for me. I start at 4 smokes a day, then 2 then 1 etc by the time I am down to 1 a day I find that single smoke ends up feeling a bit weird and desperate after a couple of weeks and it's dare I say actually easy to give up one fag a day.

Also when I fall off the wagon I go back to smoking 1 a day.

It's being pissed that is the killer though. Your brain forgets you've given up but your naughty body doesn't forget. Oh no. It's been waiting patiently for someone to switch the brain off.

Cheers dude.

Right now I don't want one. Plus I work in a office with mostly non smokers. It is the evil booze I dread....can't stop the vodka. Can I?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm

I am the same. I do not smoke except when I have had a drink. Daft really.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 pm

I have never had even one drag of a cigarette. Never fancied it.
    crang
    crang
    vvw

Number of posts : 687

Post  crang Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I've never smoked.I tried a few times.But could never inhale properly.

My bro was on 40 a day.But managed to give up.He stopped drinking alcohol though,it helped.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Mon May 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:I have never had even one drag of a cigarette. Never fancied it.

Neither have I but I never felt the urge to mention it unless I see others at it Laughing Laughing
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 pm

All foolishness aside I earnestly recommend that if you want to clean up your act in any way at all then start with booze.

Everything else is easy if you take booze out of your life.

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Mon May 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:I have never had even one drag of a cigarette. Never fancied it.

me neither
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 pm

my cure for smoking is aversion therapy.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:my cure for smoking is aversion therapy.

Laughing Laughing

May work!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 am

Bishop wrote:I am the same. I do not smoke except when I have had a drink. Daft really.

You tend you get your chap out also. And paint your mates. And engage inappropriately with props.

I'm detecting a pattern Watson.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:I am the same. I do not smoke except when I have had a drink. Daft really.

You tend you get your chap out also. And paint your mates. And engage inappropriately with props.

I'm detecting a pattern Watson.

I am a changed man. I havent done that in days.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 am

I drove to work today for the first time in ages. It was a revelation. No human contact, Exile on Main Street blaring out and i was in full control of the temperature. Wonderful.

My bus pass runs out on Wednesday.

I might be going for a drink in Meanwood tonight. I've never done that before and have no idea where i am going.

On a weekend i only eat one meal a day.

My works PC has been swapped and is now a lot quicker. I broke my other one when everyones system went down on Thursday and mine was stuck on this site. I panicked and unplugged it hastily. After that it wouldn't reconnect to the server.

I hate yoghurt so much it makes me feel physically sick.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 22, 2012 1:15 am

I spent my formative years in Meanwood.

If someone from Leeds presses me to say where I am from it's there.

I'm amazed you've found a pub there. They all got demolished. As did Meanwood.

I'm not kidding, it got wiped off the map.

I got my first proper beating in The Meanwood which used to be at the foot of Grove Lane. A proper beating means hospitalised.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 am

Sherrers wrote:I spent my formative years in Meanwood.

I got my first proper beating in The Meanwood which used to be at the foot of Grove Lane. A proper beating means hospitalised.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me Very Happy

I don't know any pubs up there, i'm not even sure how to get there either.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue May 22, 2012 1:26 am

Date?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Tue May 22, 2012 1:27 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Date?

I know Sheridan is clever but I bet he cant remeber what date it was when he got a good flogging. Come on now Mark.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue May 22, 2012 1:29 am

Bishop wrote:

I know Sheridan is clever but I bet he cant remeber what date it was when he got a good flogging. Come on now Mark.

Sleep
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 am

On a Monday? Madness. No, just a drink with a mate.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 am

It was Saturday August 27th 1983

I know because it was a birthday beating Very Happy
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 am

When I come on here, I get no work done. Embarassed
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 am

Broadhead wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I spent my formative years in Meanwood.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me Very Happy

I don't know any pubs up there, i'm not even sure how to get there either.

It's easy to find. Funnily enough it's up Meanwood road What a Face

There was one pub on a cricket pitch that escaped the scorched earth policy but I believe even that has succumbed to closure due to "troubles".
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 am

the primrose is still open

apart from that, i haven't got a clue
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 22, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah but strangely enough Meanwood Road isn't really Meanwood.

There used to be loads of boozers, enormous fuckers like The Becketts.

You could go in there and if you had enough money and scrotum you could walk out with a shooter.

In a nutshell the theory was to get rid of crime ; shut down all the boozers and bulldoze the entire Stainbeck estate.

Naturally it had no effect at all except to anger and alienate all the really angry and alienated.

T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 am

regional AND dull

you lot are firin Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:11 pm