VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+21
Son of Nod
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
AcidHouseMilitia
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
Bishop
ralphio
Seeley
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
shAdy
scarlet pimpernel
Ye Olde Rog
T.B
bigdaddy
wookie
RvZ
Sherrers
25 posters

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 17 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 pm

who is that at the bottom?

i wasnt alive when it was black and white
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 17 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  bigdaddy Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 pm

wookie wrote:who is that at the bottom?

The joke's only funny if you read Private Eye, but I'm hoping Al will get a laugh from it.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:23 pm

bigdaddy wrote:

The joke's only funny if you read Private Eye, but I'm hoping Al will get a laugh from it.

i've read it once does that count?
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm

wookie wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:

It's a recurring joke, so you need to have read it twice...

A photograph of journalist, broadcaster and publisher Andrew Neil (nicknamed "Brillo Pad" by the magazine on account of his tightly-curling, and perhaps surgically enhanced, hair) was printed in many consecutive editions and is still printed regularly. It shows Neil dressed in a vest with baseball cap and embracing an attractive young South Asian woman. On the photograph's initial printing, it was learned that Neil found the photograph embarrassing, and the magazine subsequently printed it whenever possible. The woman in the photo was initially assumed to be Pamella Bordes, a former beauty queen with whom Neil had a relationship in the late 1980s, but was eventually revealed to be an American woman Neil was briefly involved with while in the United States.[7] The image still appears regularly in the magazine, usually in the Letters section, where a reader will describe current events via a euphemistic reference to the image in an appeal to the magazine to print it. For example, during an outbreak of Asian bird flu, it was suggested that the Eye show an image showing "correct procedure for handling an Asian bird".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_in-jokes_in_Private_Eye
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:47 pm

I have just bought a Snuff Bullet and filled it with kezzol. Works a treat I am very pleased with this contraption!!

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 17 SnuffBulletAcrylicClear_lge
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 pm

How was wookies woo-ing? Any luck fella?
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Rrriot Guurl wrote:How was wookies woo-ing? Any luck fella?

My memory of Saturday night is next to nowt. I may have met the lady in question...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am

bigdaddy wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:

It's a recurring joke, so you need to have read it twice...

A photograph of journalist, broadcaster and publisher Andrew Neil (nicknamed "Brillo Pad" by the magazine on account of his tightly-curling, and perhaps surgically enhanced, hair) was printed in many consecutive editions and is still printed regularly. It shows Neil dressed in a vest with baseball cap and embracing an attractive young South Asian woman. On the photograph's initial printing, it was learned that Neil found the photograph embarrassing, and the magazine subsequently printed it whenever possible. The woman in the photo was initially assumed to be Pamella Bordes, a former beauty queen with whom Neil had a relationship in the late 1980s, but was eventually revealed to be an American woman Neil was briefly involved with while in the United States.[7] The image still appears regularly in the magazine, usually in the Letters section, where a reader will describe current events via a euphemistic reference to the image in an appeal to the magazine to print it. For example, during an outbreak of Asian bird flu, it was suggested that the Eye show an image showing "correct procedure for handling an Asian bird".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_in-jokes_in_Private_Eye

If I remember correctly he was one of the many unsuccessful plaintiffs against Private Eye. Tried to take legal action to stop them or wrote a letter objecting to the picture so they have printed it every single issue without fail for about 10 years.

also the lawyers of "portakabin" sent an arsey letter saying they owned the license to the word "portakabin" so could Private Eye stop using a registered trademark illegally and refer to them as "mobile sheltering solutions"? thank you. They'd mentioned the word once in an article.

Private Eye got an injunction to use the word and would randomly write PORTAKABIN as often as they could and always the best... totally at random in the mag... for years.

I never thought something as dull as the the word Portakabin would crack me up so much. Till Wookie started his mundane thread that is.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 pm

it was a bit weird as her ex was there, so no major wooing went on, she is back down in a couple of weeks for a mates birthday so that will be wooing part two: the return
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 pm

wookie wrote:

it was a bit weird as her ex was there, so no major wooing went on

Crikey, it's not Smokin' Jo is it?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:18 pm

shAdy wrote:
    wookie wrote:

it was a bit weird as her ex was there, so no major wooing went on

Crikey, it's not Smokin' Jo is it?

Hahaha
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 pm

wookie wrote:

it was a bit weird as her ex was there, so no major wooing went on, she is back down in a couple of weeks for a mates birthday so that will be wooing part two: the return

good positive attitude from the love machine Very Happy

beware the ex in the room!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Token Bird wrote:
    wookie wrote:

good positive attitude from the love machine Very Happy

beware the ex in the room!

the ex wont be there this time
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Post  Rrriot Guurl Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:43 pm

my deep sista is right.

i read that as 'the elephant in the room' Very Happy

if the ex just being there is a problem, it's a problem and she 'aint over it.

take heed from the old birds wot know Wink
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Rrriot Guurl wrote:if the ex just being there is a problem, it's a problem and she 'aint over it.

I'd never thought of it like that. I suppose that's right although it seems a little too black and white to me. I think there are maybe a few more grey areas to us human beans like maybe not wanting to 'rub someones nose in it'. (feel free to hijack that in a smutty direction)
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 pm

i would take advice from a woman on women any time they just know ting we dont . believe.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Jnr DJ wrote:i would take advice from a woman on women any time they just know ting we dont . believe.

*consults stopwatch for lesbian gag from rog*

tick tock
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Jnr DJ wrote:i would take advice from a woman on women any time they just know ting we dont . believe.

Oh that's a given. I certainly know very little.
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Post  Rrriot Guurl Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:04 pm

we aren't that different you know it is just something men say to excuse not trying to understand.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Rrriot Guurl wrote:we aren't that different you know it is just something men say to excuse not trying to understand.

amen!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:10 pm

shAdy wrote:
    Rrriot Guurl wrote:if the ex just being there is a problem, it's a problem and she 'aint over it.

I'd never thought of it like that. I suppose that's right although it seems a little too black and white to me. I think there are maybe a few more grey areas to us human beans like maybe not wanting to 'rub someones nose in it'. (feel free to hijack that in a smutty direction)

was just gonna say that, i'd hate to have my nose rubbed in it

so im not gonna do the same to someone else
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:18 pm

wookie wrote:
    shAdy wrote:

Now that is a man's attitude Sir and I salute you!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:25 am

Sherrers wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    shAdy wrote:

thank you
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 am

now if you need any advice about women.... ignore me completely!

It's embarrassing. The bloody youngsters on here have a more mature attitude than me! Embarassed
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

wookie wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    shAdy wrote:

thank you

aw isn't he lovely!?

you're too good Wookie.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:40 am

Thank you very much
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 am

Being too good ironically isn't necessarily a good thing. Especially in the dirty roman arena of what passes for love these days.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:51 am

I know, but your dammed if your too nice and dammed if your not
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:41 am

aw I love Wookie I bet he's really cuddly and funny. You stick to your guns boy, the whole thing about us liking bastards is a saying made up mainly by bastards, not us.

Wink
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:44 am

Sherrers wrote:Being too good ironically isn't necessarily a good thing. Especially in the dirty roman arena of what passes for love these days.

Victorian Tim probably still sends his card and complements to a lady's guardian before calling on her to look at her ankles at a pre appointed time in the presence of a chaperone. Or something.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:37 pm