VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+21
Son of Nod
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
AcidHouseMilitia
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
Bishop
ralphio
Seeley
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
shAdy
scarlet pimpernel
Ye Olde Rog
T.B
bigdaddy
wookie
RvZ
Sherrers
25 posters

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  wookie Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Broadhead wrote:As long as he doesnt play the acappella of Bad over the top of Acid Trax then we should be ok.

he did that at beaverworks didnt he?

i reckon theres a 80% that he will
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 pm

wookie wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:As long as he doesnt play the acappella of Bad over the top of Acid Trax then we should be ok.

he did that at beaverworks didnt he?

i reckon theres a 80% that he will

Yep. Fag break time for me that.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Todays sarnies are ace. Cold sausage and brown sauce. Very Happy

As you were.
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 pm

wookie wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Ben wrote:It's a mix that is worth a listen. Quite jazzy and up beat. It is very much a Chicago house music mix. The tracks he uses are quite instrumental. To be honest I thought it was quite a refreshing listen. Mostly I listen to head down techno so it was quite nice having a little change!! Hope that helps a little?! THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Icon_biggrin

That sounds right up my street.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the big Chi-town queen on Saturday night.

me too

he plays alot more jacking stuff over here compared to what he plays in the states

you mean people afford him a degree of devotion and stupid pay packet and leeway with rubbish music he would never get away with in the US.

don't get me started on his "mic" antics. why do some of the gay DJ icons think anyone wants to hear them?! at least Danny Tenaglia does not try to sing!

he's rubbish. a one trick pony that should have gone to the glue factory ten years ago.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 pm

i agree with the angry lezzer. he's rubbish.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:10 pm

I don't.

I have heard Derrick Carter play some of the best sets i have ever heard. What i will agree with is when he's shit, he is really shit.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 pm

aren't we all.

I'm agreeing with her out of fear. nothing more..

Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I know what you mean. She does have a bit of a scary Mary vibe going on, but i find it strangely alluring.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:i agree with the angry lezzer. he's rubbish.

you'd better be scared. If I see you accusing someone of being gay just cos they don't behave how you want I will stop liking you and give you SUCH a hard stare.

Shocked

like this

Shocked

stop it.

that is all.

(and there is nothing wrong with rug munching either)
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:i agree with the angry lezzer. he's rubbish.

*snigger*.

*cowers*
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 pm

not an expert but I agree that Miss Carter is a bit lame. I have seen him about 6 times since the early 90's and he seems exactly the same and not in a good way. I get that feeling that if (maybe like me) you are outside the scene and don't worship someone you get to see them as they really are. I think a lot of Yank DJs get credited with a lot more than they are worth just because they are american.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Rrriot Guurl wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Ben wrote:It's a mix that is worth a listen. Quite jazzy and up beat. It is very much a Chicago house music mix. The tracks he uses are quite instrumental. To be honest I thought it was quite a refreshing listen. Mostly I listen to head down techno so it was quite nice having a little change!! Hope that helps a little?! THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Icon_biggrin

That sounds right up my street.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the big Chi-town queen on Saturday night.

me too

he plays alot more jacking stuff over here compared to what he plays in the states

you mean people afford him a degree of devotion and stupid pay packet and leeway with rubbish music he would never get away with in the US.

don't get me started on his "mic" antics. why do some of the gay DJ icons think anyone wants to hear them?! at least Danny Tenaglia does not try to sing!

he's rubbish. a one trick pony that should have gone to the glue factory ten years ago.

i've never seen/heard him get on the mic

and i prefer the stuff he plays over here, compared to what he plays in the states

tenaglia's the worse for mic antics, at sw4 he giving a detailed essay on why he was playing each song
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm

I agree with the angry lezzer, the spineless pensioner and the dull gardener.

everybody in Leeds seems to cream themselves when Carter plays but I never see him booked in London and I've seen him too many times to count and he is, as was so rightly said, exactly the same.

I don't mean he played the same music, but it was... i dunno. The same thing. A bit jacking and ok interspersed with things that you could say were 'adventurous' but were actually terrible AWFUL ideas which to me seemed like exactly the sort of thing somebody very VERY drunk would do. And only do drunk. Thinking it was brilliant. And not remembering it later.
    mundros
    mundros
    wrong un

Number of posts : 84

Post  mundros Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:50 pm

I've never seen/heard Carter get on the mic. When I went to see him at Beaverworks he surprised the hell out of me. I only went for a blast from the past with cheesy vocals and bootys, but got a really enjoyable set instead. Apart from the Bad Acapella!

As for calling him gay - he is gay so its only stating a fact in this case! From reports I have heard he can be a real sex pest and only goes for young white lads...watch out Wookie!

I'm gonna miss it this weekend tho - spent this morning in A&E getting my ankle checked out. Somehow I've managed to sprain it while sleeping...I'm in absolute agony and on crutches now. No parties for me this weekend - GUTTED!! Mad I cant even stand up to have a mix at home - true torture!
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Let us remember this is the Lay down some love thread.

Carter can rock like a bastard, and has done on many occasions.

I'd rather see Derrick May like, but thats a different story altogether.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:56 pm

mundros wrote:I've never seen/heard Carter get on the mic. When I went to see him at Beaverworks he surprised the hell out of me. I only went for a blast from the past with cheesy vocals and bootys, but got a really enjoyable set instead. Apart from the Bad Acapella!

As for calling him gay - he is gay so its only stating a fact in this case! From reports I have heard he can be a real sex pest and only goes for young white lads...watch out Wookie!

I'm gonna miss it this weekend tho - spent this morning in A&E getting my ankle checked out. Somehow I've managed to sprain it while sleeping...I'm in absolute agony and on crutches now. No parties for me this weekend - GUTTED!! Mad I cant even stand up to have a mix at home - true torture!

*Crosses fingers,times are hard*

As for your ankle, how the bloody hell have you managed that you big goon?

Laughing
    scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

Post  scarlet pimpernel Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:59 pm

carter = seen it heard it got the tshirt
    mundros
    mundros
    wrong un

Number of posts : 84

Post  mundros Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:02 am

Broadhead wrote:

As for your ankle, how the bloody hell have you managed that you big goon?

Laughing

Wish I knew! Woke up and noticed I couldn't stand up when I found my face munching the carpet (not in the good way). Must have twisted it my sleep or something. Its the sign of a true muppet. Could be in a Channel 5 documentary "Disabled by Dreams - the Mundros story"
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 am

Baldhead is quite correct this is the love thread...

start your own anti Carter faction elsewhere.

yes he is same-y but at least he isn't a bandwagoneer.

yes he is a massive sex pest and bozzy floozy but in a loveable way.

move along now... nothing to see.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:07 am

Jonny Boy wrote:I agree with the angry lezzer, the spineless pensioner and the dull gardener.

everybody in Leeds seems to cream themselves when Carter plays but I never see him booked in London and I've seen him too many times to count and he is, as was so rightly said, exactly the same.

I don't mean he played the same music, but it was... i dunno. The same thing. A bit jacking and ok interspersed with things that you could say were 'adventurous' but were actually terrible AWFUL ideas which to me seemed like exactly the sort of thing somebody very VERY drunk would do. And only do drunk. Thinking it was brilliant. And not remembering it later.

him and sneak played at matter very recently, he plays london a few times a year

im ok mund, as you know were brothers, he tried it on with tim weeks when he played boro, kept stuffing £20 notes down tim's top saying how much do you want it?

and i cant wait to see him play, so there
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 am

Is he playing soon?

Is that why all the fuss?

Can you start another thread about it?

thanks.

What a Face
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 am

we'll get back on track

more good stuff

the sequined mustaches i've made for sat
    friday nights meal
    and a certain someone coming down saturday
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 am

Ooooooh, will i get to meet your lady friend?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 am

Broadhead wrote:Ooooooh, will i get to meet your lady friend?

yeah mate she's coming down for carter, i'll be on full on woo mode
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 am

This is need to see!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 am

no you don't! the love radiation from a wookie in mating season is fatal to humans. It can lead to musk overload and hair loss Wink

nice to back on the love track well done Wookers.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 am

Sherrers wrote:no you don't! the love radiation from a wookie in mating season is fatal to humans. It can lead to musk overload and hair loss Wink

I'll take my chances.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:51 am

Broadhead wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:no you don't! the love radiation from a wookie in mating season is fatal to humans. It can lead to musk overload and hair loss Wink

I'll take my chances.

ah you've obviously been caught in the cross-woo before... lucky you are bald or you could have been mounted by mistake. Shocked

never come between a wookie and his intended Wink

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Chewie11
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:01 am

nice to back on the love track well done Wookers.

i'm all about the love this weekend

its gonna be a love unlimited weekend
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Sherrers wrote:THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Chewie11

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 16 Brillo

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:14 pm