VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+8
Ben
wookie
T.B
Rrriot Guurl
Ye Olde Rog
RvZ
Sherrers
Son of Nod
12 posters

The Ones You Love To Hate

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

The Ones You Love To Hate Empty The Ones You Love To Hate

Post  Son of Nod Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Vere cans von gets dis tune...fleas?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

The Ones You Love To Hate Empty Re: The Ones You Love To Hate

Post  Sherrers Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 am

Son of Nod wrote:Vere cans von gets dis tune...fleas?

I can't put it out cos of the Smokin Jo factor. Also it's a bit dated now. I can send it you.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:02 am

Sherrers wrote:

I can't put it out cos of the Smokin Jo factor. Also it's a bit dated now. I can send it you.

Oh please dear sir....!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

want my email or send it through here??

giddy nowa!
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:08 am

Sherrers wrote:

why?

is she still in denial?

Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:34 am

oh no she's an all round good egg it's just at the time (and it was some years ago now) I had to go through her agent and all that palaver and we weren't getting on right well so she didn't want to be associated with it.

I could take her vocal off and leave mine but I like her chilly delivery. She's got a good voice.

Also it's just a bit old. I've *ahem* moved on artistically Embarassed

There are two versions actually. Young Tom Mangan (of Cass and Mangan fame) was our studio whizz during this period and there is a slightly fatter version knocking about as well.

I have to do some digging.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:53 am

Sherrers wrote:...and we weren't getting on right well so she didn't want to be associated with me in any way shape or form.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:10 am

Sherrers wrote:oh no she's an all round good egg it's just at the time (and it was some years ago now) I had to go through her agent and all that palaver and we weren't getting on right well so she didn't want to be associated with it.

I could take her vocal off and leave mine but I like her chilly delivery. She's got a good voice.

Also it's just a bit old. I've *ahem* moved on artistically Embarassed

There are two versions actually. Young Tom Mangan (of Cass and Mangan fame) was our studio whizz during this period and there is a slightly fatter version knocking about as well.

I have to do some digging.

fatter is guuud
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:...and we weren't getting on right well so she didn't want to be associated with me in any way shape or form.

haha! that is very true.

Why tim? She gave me a right earful about you once what did you do to the poor girl?

I think she's a bit of a cunt so feel free!

Very Happy
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Oh deary, what have I started..... Rolling Eyes
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Rrriot Guurl wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:

haha! that is very true.

Why tim? She gave me a right earful about you once what did you do to the poor girl?

Very Happy

Oh nothing. Not a thing. She's a good egg. I think when you split up with people they have to demonise you a bit to get over it. Why? what did she say about me?

Actually if this was anything but recent I don't want to know. Old news love. So old.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Never liked her either! always found here so very up herself, she's worked for me about half a dozen times and never said more than 2 words to me and none of them were thank you.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm

actually I retract the last statement milord it's not my style. Embarassed
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:28 pm

She's a good person just a bit shy and it comes off wrong. Stop it now. Thanks.

(it's always girls who have a problem with her)
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:46 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Rrriot Guurl wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:

haha! that is very true.

Very Happy

Oh nothing. Not a thing. She's a good egg. I think when you split up with people they have to demonise you a bit to get over it. Why? what did she say about me?

Actually if this was anything but recent I don't want to know. Old news love. So old.

usual girly sob story bollocks.

it's always girls who have a problem with her

yeah well it's always blokes that are taken in and fall for the old tricks.

Wink

but I hear you. I will shut up now. sorry
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Now could you please send me the track as well tim? is that the weird one that sounds like a really fucked up pop record?

I'd like a copy of that one you did with Skin from Skunk Anansie too please. The one the NME liked.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Ooh me too please!
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

And me too!!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 pm

and me!

(what are we queuing for?)

I'll have some whatever it is.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:25 pm

Ain't got a clue, but I'll have some.... pirat
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:05 am

I just found the track and remembered a story about it.

I think it was the straw the broke the owner of Space's back Very Happy

I'd had a very long relationship with Space Ibiza, ooh about 15 years or something. I was good mates with Fritz who ran the place. Even when I fell out with Darren Hughes, Fritz was always a good egg. It's one of those "winter in Ibiza" things. If you are there all year round you tend to get a stronger bond than with people only there in the summer to make money.

Anyway... Space has always, since the start, been shut on Mondays. They are open almost round the clock all week so Mondays is not just the day off but the big tidy up/housekeeping day.

So Fritz and more importantly, Pepe' the owner.... always knew before anyone else what was happening politically, mainly due to Pepe' being the ex- lord major of ibiza and other slightly less salubrious connections Wink

So Fritz asks me in the winter if I want to do Mondays, cos he knows for a fact the following season there will come into a force a new law that ALL clubs must shut at 7am and not re-open til 4pm and he also says eventually clubs will only be open at night.

So they want to do Mondays.

I won't go into the "We Love/Hughes Corporation" debacle' but to cut a very complicated story short what nobody realised was that while it very much appeared that Fritz was the de facto boss, he was having difficulties with Pepe' and was on the verge of leaving. (He has since left). So I found (about a week before the season starts) that I have to have a meeting with Pepe' to give it the green light. I had no idea about this and Fritz had pretty much said it was nailed on.

(I should note a lot of money had already been spent)

So I am sat in front of Pepe' and let's just say he's probably one of the few people in the world never mind Ibiza that I am scared of. In a way that like most genuinely powerful people he is totally random, prone to often violent mood swings and the sort of person who could have you "disappeared" in extremis. I imagine, there are no stories to back this up but let us just say he is an imposing presence.

So, like a lot of big wigs I have met him loads of times but he never ever remembers or claims not to.

So I sit down with him, Fritz and the lovely Sarah from "We Love" (slippery Hughes would not condescend to appear) and straight off the bat he starts pretending he doesn't speak English! which is fine for all but a bit weird.

Now I can't remember if it was the DJ Mag CD, If "The Ones You Love To Hate" is the 1st track then it was....

So (bearing in mind my whole career is in the balance here really, money spent, villa rented etc etc and one week to go....)

So he goes.

"Right. I don't like you, I don't like the name 'very wrong indeed' it is negative and Space is about happiness and positivity. Also the words "We love drugs..." is VERY bad (the first lyric on TOYLTH, from a guy who is saying he doesn't speak English Shocked )
    How can I have a Monday which is saying drugs are good, THERE ARE NO DRUGS IN SPACE.... I do not like this we are not doing it."

The rest is a bit of a blur but I have never EVER seen Fritz lose his temper. In fact I have never seen him anything but smiling and cool no matter how stressy Space gets. OOOh he lost the plot!

Anyway...

"The Ones You Love To Hate". The track that killed my career for about 2 years

Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:35 am

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:43 am

Sherrers wrote:I just found the track and remembered a story about it.

I think it was the straw the broke the owner of Space's back Very Happy

I'd had a very long relationship with Space Ibiza, ooh about 15 years or something. I was good mates with Fritz who ran the place. Even when I fell out with Darren Hughes, Fritz was always a good egg. It's one of those "winter in Ibiza" things. If you are there all year round you tend to get a stronger bond than with people only there in the summer to make money.

Anyway... Space has always, since the start, been shut on Mondays. They are open almost round the clock all week so Mondays is not just the day off but the big tidy up/housekeeping day.

So Fritz and more importantly, Pepe' the owner.... always knew before anyone else what was happening politically, mainly due to Pepe' being the ex- lord major of ibiza and other slightly less salubrious connections Wink

So Fritz asks me in the winter if I want to do Mondays, cos he knows for a fact the following season there will come into a force a new law that ALL clubs must shut at 7am and not re-open til 4pm and he also says eventually clubs will only be open at night.

So they want to do Mondays.

I won't go into the "We Love/Hughes Corporation" debacle' but to cut a very complicated story short what nobody realised was that while it very much appeared that Fritz was the de facto boss, he was having difficulties with Pepe' and was on the verge of leaving. (He has since left). So I found (about a week before the season starts) that I have to have a meeting with Pepe' to give it the green light. I had no idea about this and Fritz had pretty much said it was nailed on.

(I should note a lot of money had already been spent)

So I am sat in front of Pepe' and let's just say he's probably one of the few people in the world never mind Ibiza that I am scared of. In a way that like most genuinely powerful people he is totally random, prone to often violent mood swings and the sort of person who could have you "disappeared" in extremis. I imagine, there are no stories to back this up but let us just say he is an imposing presence.

So, like a lot of big wigs I have met him loads of times but he never ever remembers or claims not to.

So I sit down with him, Fritz and the lovely Sarah from "We Love" (slippery Hughes would not condescend to appear) and straight off the bat he starts pretending he doesn't speak English! which is fine for all but a bit weird.

Now I can't remember if it was the DJ Mag CD, If "The Ones You Love To Hate" is the 1st track then it was....

So (bearing in mind my whole career is in the balance here really, money spent, villa rented etc etc and one week to go....)

So he goes.

"Right. I don't like you, I don't like the name 'very wrong indeed' it is negative and Space is about happiness and positivity. Also the words "We love drugs..." is VERY bad (the first lyric on TOYLTH, from a guy who is saying he doesn't speak English Shocked )
    How can I have a Monday which is saying drugs are good, THERE ARE NO DRUGS IN SPACE.... I do not like this we are not doing it."

The rest is a bit of a blur but I have never EVER seen Fritz lose his temper. In fact I have never seen him anything but smiling and cool no matter how stressy Space gets. OOOh he lost the plot!

Anyway...

"The Ones You Love To Hate". The track that killed my career for about 2 years

Very Happy

still like it!!
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:43 am

Sherrers wrote:here you go

link lasts for 7 days

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01QMWZETStRYTlFQlE9PQ

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:58 am

I'll have a listen tomorrow at work and report back with my findings over and out
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:17 am

Thank you Tim!!
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 am

Yeah cheers Tim, good story. Look forward to having a listen. The Ones You Love To Hate Icon_bounce The Ones You Love To Hate Icon_cheers
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 am

Oh lord yes I remember all that well. Was that the year you ended up with no gigs at all in Ibiza for the first time but on the plus side we were free to do our documentary?

There's always a silver lining, a lovely Al-shaped silver lining sunny

It is the tune I remember. It's like the weirdest pop tune ever.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 am

p.s

doesn't the Big Boss of Space understand the irony involved in the VVWI name and your lyrics for this track?

surely Space shot themselves in the foot cancelling you at the 11th hour also?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:33 pm

whoa thats like a cybermen number 1
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:52 pm

I like the lyrics a lot. He's good with words is old timbot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm