VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+21
Son of Nod
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
AcidHouseMilitia
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
Bishop
ralphio
Seeley
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
shAdy
scarlet pimpernel
Ye Olde Rog
T.B
bigdaddy
wookie
RvZ
Sherrers
25 posters

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 10 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  scarlet pimpernel Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Al wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I forgot... I also love the B6255

Clarkson.

road that gos past ingelboro mountin. ace
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 10 Empty Re: THE CHAPEL, lay down some love

Post  wookie Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Sherrers wrote:
    wookie wrote:my new headphones
    the shop sending me a copy of ableton3 as a present, as they sent me the wrong headphones

now that's a level of service you don't see a lot of nowadays.

yeah plus a really nice phone call and apology, explaining the mix up of the models (i wanted the pro model, i got the one down)
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 pm

scarlet pimpernel wrote:
    Al wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I forgot... I also love the B6255

Clarkson.

road that gos past ingelboro mountin. ace

One of those special roads that is very 'england'.

kills about 7 motorcyclists a year or something Shocked
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

THE CHAPEL, lay down some love - Page 10 480_ri10
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Nice pic. Looks like a ramblers heaven
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 pm

there is some boss potholing to be had actually!

or spelunking or whatever the septics bonkers version is.

It's a top drive though. Really like one of the best roads. Sorry but it is Embarassed
    scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

Post  scarlet pimpernel Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

it is tho

best road

that brige is massive, like 100 ft high up close
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

a proper YORKSHIRE road
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:21 am

finding what a song was, thats been rattling around in my brain for about 2 months

it was jamie jones - summertime
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 am

Nice one wookie. Its always nice finding out what a tune is.

I rather enjoyed spending the evening in the public house following the village electricity being taken out by a car knocking a lamp post over.

It was well cosy sat in the boozer by candlelight. Everyone really pulled together and mucked in with good British spirit to make sure that we were all fed and watered.

The lady who trounced the lamp post was apparently driving when she was clonked over the head by her deranged (as in chavvy) son. Always choose your passengers carefully my dear.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 am

wookie wrote:finding what a song was, thats been rattling around in my brain for about 2 months

There is some massive hype around this tune, old JJ will be raking it in. No way I'd ever play it in a set now though, it's been getting caned for too long (first heard at DC10 last summer!!!!!) The dub could be a nice tool to use though. A nice tempting loop of the breakdown over some orrid shuffling baseline could go down a treat.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:48 am

Bishop666 wrote:Nice one wookie. Its always nice finding out what a tune is.

I rather enjoyed spending the evening in the public house following the village electricity being taken out by a car knocking a lamp post over.

It was well cosy sat in the boozer by candlelight. Everyone really pulled together and mucked in with good British spirit to make sure that we were all fed and watered.

The lady who trounced the lamp post was apparently driving when she was clonked over the head by her deranged (as in chavvy) son. Always choose your passengers carefully my dear.

You sound like some chirpy cockney banging on about community spirit during the war Wink

Did you know they had great fun banging out the tunes on the old Joanna down the underground whilst their houses were getting flattened?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:49 am

no one makes real money from records anymore but it will be helping Jamie with the old bookings.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:57 am

I would have thought if an artist can get him/herself in the beatport top 10 they must be able to make a few quid? It seems like the prime place for tunes now. I'm not sure if it's a good thing though as some of the lazier club residents seem to think it is now okay to play said top ten every bloody night they play at.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 am

the demise of proper record shops isn't helping.

you'd be surprised mate, after the distributors, artwork, pressing, record company, promotion etc etc there isn't a right lot left.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 am

MarkD77 wrote:

You sound like some chirpy cockney banging on about community spirit during the war Wink

Did you know they had great fun banging out the tunes on the old Joanna down the underground whilst their houses were getting flattened?

and we love our old muvvas! the Krays? lovely lads. Looked after their own know what I mean? I love you like family but I'm gonna cutchoo open like a tin of beans

etc

Wink
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:17 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    wookie wrote:finding what a song was, thats been rattling around in my brain for about 2 months

There is some massive hype around this tune, old JJ will be raking it in. No way I'd ever play it in a set now though, it's been getting caned for too long (first heard at DC10 last summer!!!!!) The dub could be a nice tool to use though. A nice tempting loop of the breakdown over some orrid shuffling baseline could go down a treat.

really that old, a couple of months ago at basics, is the first time ive heard it
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:20 am

Token Bird wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

and we love our old muvvas! the Krays? lovely lads. Looked after their own know what I mean? I love you like family but I'm gonna cutchoo open like a tin of beans

etc

Wink

It's just like watching some cockernee documentary on Bravo Wink Apparently as long as you love your mother in Larndan and don't hurt the innocent you can pretty much go round knifing, shooting and torturing who you want.

'Yeah, 'e cut 'im open and gutted 'im like a fish. But 'e loved 'is old mum'

Oh, okay, that makes it perfectly acceptable then Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

Sherrers wrote:no one makes real money from records anymore but it will be helping Jamie with the old bookings.

I suppose this is something to do with the rise of the producer as DJ?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 am

could be!

producers being booked is more like a P.A IMO
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:41 am

But how do you decide if they are DJ or producer first?
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:43 am

one gets overpaid to make people dance, the other gets overpaid to stop them

Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:48 am

Token Bird wrote:one gets overpaid to make people dance, the other gets overpaid to stop them

Wink

Controversial Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 am

what she said
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:20 am

I'm no expert but I have noticed "producers" are a bit shit at the old DJing lark. Why is that then? Timbo is always going on that DJing is piss easy Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:27 am

to be frank Al and to incorporate this ;

MarkD77 wrote:But how do you decide if they are DJ or producer first?

I'd say home production is a fairly recent thing. DJing is like anything, the longer you do the better you get at it. Drawing a distinction between playing at home and doing it to large crowds too. So you know... if you've been at it say.... every weekend for 10 years you've served your time.

The booking producers thing is about bums on seats. Some of them literally have never DJed before, or have little previous experience. Just cos they get some vibe about them doesn't mean they can actually do it. I've got some horror stories but I can't name names.

Then again some are quite good cos they've DJed a bit.

I do say DJing is easy. If you've been doing it for decades Wink

what folks don't realise is that it is actually a full time job.

honest!
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 am

*deftly avoids the overpaid bit*
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:32 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:*deftly avoids the overpaid bit*

Laughing Laughing

but I need clarification. why do crappy producers get booked to DJ at all?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:36 am

just boring old economics.

there is no longer really a 'buzz' about DJs but records still get a buzz. Book the author of the tune... buy in the buzz.

Also inexperienced promoters just assume Producers can DJ. When one ASSUMES you make an ASS out of U and ME both Very Happy

I have an 'only book proper DJs policy' where possible. As headliners I mean. Most of them are Johnny Laptops anyway so i don't mind them warming up. The producers have to learn somewhere right?

Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 am

anyway

this is the love thread!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:41 pm