VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+16
Mac
Joe
Rrriot Guurl
peenieman
Ye Olde Rog
Jonny Boy
Jnr DJ
T.B
scarlet pimpernel
wookie
Bishop
RvZ
Sherrers
Son of Nod
Fandango Widewheels
Broadhead
20 posters

The annual winter Forum-Balls up thread (2012 edition)

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

The annual winter Forum-Balls up thread (2012 edition) - Page 14 Empty Re: The annual winter Forum-Balls up thread (2012 edition)

Post  Broadhead Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Shopkeepers had a great door policy, they knocked Bish back Wink

Was he gurning?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

The annual winter Forum-Balls up thread (2012 edition) - Page 14 Empty Re: The annual winter Forum-Balls up thread (2012 edition)

Post  Bishop Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Shopkeepers had a great door policy, they knocked Bish back Wink

I dont think it was me. Was it.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:56 pm

No, it was early doors. He wanted to park his horse and trap in the courtyard Smile
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:No, it was early doors. He wanted to park his horse and trap in the courtyard Smile

Bastard. Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Bishop wrote:

Yep, I think it was the second booze up. I was in there wiating for you all and you all got knocked back.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

Yep, I think it was the second booze up. I was in there wiating for you all and you all got knocked back.

So it wasnt me. Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Bishop wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

So it wasnt me. Very Happy

I believe you were singled out and the rest suffered as a consequence.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

I just cant believe it. You must be mistaken. Laughing
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 am

wookie wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Jonny Boy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    T.B wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:Rebel Pin Up hairdressers

Is that what Gary's place is called?

Tell me it isn't.

I'm detecting a theme that you are a bit worried about the north getting fancy airs Laughing

I am. Well spotted.

In what way?

I always think (for me) the defining thing Leeds does better than anywhere else is ignore trends. That is what Leeds does. Did.

Now I think the students are more mixed with locals which is a real shame. We used to have the students nicely boxed off living in terror haha.

I dunno I could always rely on Leeds not to have Cocoon, Dc10, Hot Creations etc etc . Everywhere would be at it but not Leeds. This may be old news to some of you but to me it all seems to have happened really quickly. A real about-turn of quality.

You'd get people performing in Leeds and they would nearly always do extra well and also be blown away by our crowds. Cos it was different.

But once we started to get places like Shopkeepers (cheers Jon!) and to be brutally honest since Basics lost it's dominance it's not the town I remember. It's like a lot of other towns. I hate that. Because I love Leeds. The thing I loved most of all was it's fuck-off-ness.

I could be dead wrong. It just seems to be importing everything when in the past it used to make it's own.

Don't get the hump again Joe I'm not talking about you it's a very general feeling I've been getting for about 4 or 5 years now.

Well said that man. You can say the same for most of the North. We're losing our identity.

I blame the internet.

I don't, its the lack of money/people who go out, there's an ever decresing pool of people spending money on going out, less people equals promoters going for big names to get people through the door.

Plus with alot of nights now going once a month etc, they don't have to worry about cultivating a crowd, getting regulars going every week, as long as they fill out their night once a month they're happy.

There are still a lot of people out and plenty of money. More than ever. You should have seen what it was like in the early 80s.

They are all still cunts. All of them.

I believe that to be the problem.

Cunts.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Bishop wrote:I just cant believe it. You must be mistaken. Laughing

no they deffinitely said the demented goat look a like can't come in and pointed to you.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am

wookie wrote:
    Bishop wrote:I just cant believe it. You must be mistaken. Laughing

no they deffinitely said the demented goat look a like can't come in and pointed to you.

Laughing

Bastards.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am

Bishop wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Bishop wrote:I have word that Mundia is coming to meet us for a drink as well. So we need to sort times out, GOD DAMN IT.

Do you even know when you're getting to town yet? Or where you are staying?

Ah, good point. Will be right back. Dont arrange anything without me.

*private messages everyone except Bish*

Give up now.

I can arrive any time after 2.00 into leeds on friday and I am staying at the Park Plaza.

Boom, sorted.

Thats how you organise Broadswede.

I thought I was picking you up? you massive dunlop.

Yes you are Walter. I was just putting pressure on you to pick me up at a reasonable hour. Very Happy

Look this isn't just a day off to pop to 'town' for me it's a 700 mile round trip you massive flapbaggage.

We'll be there. More than likely before everyone else.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

Wink
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Bishop wrote:I have word that Mundia is coming to meet us for a drink as well. So we need to sort times out, GOD DAMN IT.

Give up now.

I can arrive any time after 2.00 into leeds on friday and I am staying at the Park Plaza.

Boom, sorted.

Yes you are Walter. I was just putting pressure on you to pick me up at a reasonable hour. Very Happy

Look this isn't just a day off to pop to 'town' for me it's a 700 mile round trip you massive flapbaggage.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

Wink

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

You will receive hourly texts and emails until you give me a firm time. (so to speak) Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 am

Bish is SUCH a diva.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 am

Proper old woman.

Bish, just catch the train Wink to Leeds
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 am

every year it's a shambles. I love to watch Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 am

Bishop wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:
    Bishop wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:

Give up now.

Boom, sorted.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

Wink

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

You will receive hourly texts and emails until you give me a firm time. (so to speak) Wink

look it's just a hotel share I never agreed to be your husband
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am

Laughing Laughing

give him a 100 to go shopping so you can go out with the boys in peace for an hour
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am

£100? His head would explode. He only needs a fiver to replace his length of string fashioned into a belt Wink
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

CUNTS. Very Happy

Its for purley selfish reasons only as I want to know what time I can start boozing. I couldnt give two fucks about who drives me or shares my bed, sorry room. Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 am

Joe wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Jonny Boy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    T.B wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:Rebel Pin Up hairdressers

Is that what Gary's place is called?

Tell me it isn't.

I'm detecting a theme that you are a bit worried about the north getting fancy airs Laughing

I am. Well spotted.

In what way?

I always think (for me) the defining thing Leeds does better than anywhere else is ignore trends. That is what Leeds does. Did.

Now I think the students are more mixed with locals which is a real shame. We used to have the students nicely boxed off living in terror haha.

I dunno I could always rely on Leeds not to have Cocoon, Dc10, Hot Creations etc etc . Everywhere would be at it but not Leeds. This may be old news to some of you but to me it all seems to have happened really quickly. A real about-turn of quality.

You'd get people performing in Leeds and they would nearly always do extra well and also be blown away by our crowds. Cos it was different.

But once we started to get places like Shopkeepers (cheers Jon!) and to be brutally honest since Basics lost it's dominance it's not the town I remember. It's like a lot of other towns. I hate that. Because I love Leeds. The thing I loved most of all was it's fuck-off-ness.

I could be dead wrong. It just seems to be importing everything when in the past it used to make it's own.

Don't get the hump again Joe I'm not talking about you it's a very general feeling I've been getting for about 4 or 5 years now.

No I agree Tim. The truth is its been like that for a while now.

My theory is most of 'the old guard' as it were have finally grown up and don't go out as much anymore so there isn't enough people to sustain a night where you can put on interesting, original line ups, and so whats happening is promoters are not taking risks and putting on nights that guarantee bums on seats.

Any night that does try and put on something a bit more interesting only pulls something like 150-200 punters, which is a real shame.

5 or 6 years ago, most students were either into funky house or were indie kids but now 90% of them are all into Hot Creations, Soul Clap, Visonquest, Crosstown Rebels etc. Now some might argue that's a good thing that more young 'uns are getting into underground house or whatever, but as you say Tim its wiped out that 'us & them' scenario which made Leeds unique and the whole scene had become saturated, stale and fucking boring

You are not wrong.

For me the deal was ;

"we are Leeds, you kids are lucky to be here. We put on nights for ourselves and if you are very persistent and brave we might let you in."

And those things were always good and it is what made Leeds really. No compromise.

Now everyone (including Basics sadly) panders to the students instead of telling them what to do.

To my eyes the rot started with those Asylum & Technique things. They saw that Dave had his eye off the ball a few years back when he was booking mainly his mates who were fairly old news and he could get for cheap so they started with the boring germans and it's not been right since.

Leeds has lost that fuck-off-ness and has started begging. To fucking STUDENTS!! christ.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:05 am

Bishop wrote:CUNTS. Very Happy

Its for purley selfish reasons only as I want to know what time I can start boozing. I couldnt give two fucks about who drives me or shares my bed, sorry room. Wink

You can have a bucks fizz breakfast and drink tinnies all day it's not going to make me drive any faster.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:CUNTS. Very Happy

You can have a bucks fizz breakfast and drink tinnies all day it's not going to make me drive any faster.

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 am

I'll be leaving about lunchtime Bish as soon as I get all my work done.

Should be in Leeds by 5ish

Does that suit you?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am

Sherrers wrote:I'll be leaving about lunchtime Bish as soon as I get all my work done.

Should be in Leeds by 5ish

Does that suit you?

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing I am easy mate. Whenever suits you. Wink

I will be home from 2pm anyway so whenever you are ready.

Thanks very much.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

sorry I didn't send you a detailed itinerary 2 weeks back.

Very Happy
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 am

Sherrers wrote:sorry I didn't send you a detailed itinerary 2 weeks back.

Very Happy

Its been a living hell trying to prepare. Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 am

Learning the trade of the role of Bill the Butcher as a real butcher in Italy for 6 months. Vocal training. Losing a stone for the role. 4 hours in make up every morning at 5am etc etc
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:53 am

Sherrers wrote:Learning the trade of the role of Bill the Butcher as a real butcher in Italy for 6 months. Vocal training. Losing a stone for the role. 4 hours in make up every morning at 5am etc etc

Your point is? Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am

You're a fucking pain Bish Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am