VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+14
Bishop
shAdy
Son of Nod
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Rrriot Guurl
T.B
wookie
RvZ
hyperion
Fandango Widewheels
Sherrers
Broadhead
Ye Olde Rog
18 posters

The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here...

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here... - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here...

Post  wookie Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:45 am

They are a tad annoying
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here... - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here...

Post  bigdaddy Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 am

Broadhead wrote:Rocky dennis. Working in Home Bargains.

Who is this Dennis person? And why is he so spud-faced?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 am

You must know Rocky Dennis? He was in that film Mask, where Cher played his slaggy biker mam. Had a face like a giant cartoon peanut, and flowing ginger locks.

Here's the handsome chap in all his pomp:

The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here... - Page 4 RockyDennis
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:55 am

Broadhead wrote:You must know Rocky Dennis? He was in that film Mask, where Cher played his slaggy biker mam. Had a face like a giant cartoon peanut, and flowing ginger locks.

Fucking hell I thought it was only me that has seen that film! haha!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:34 am

double egg. him and the new doctor who

big faced kidz
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:21 am

France used to be a Global force.

Not any more.

Cash has killed football. Soft, useless pampered soloists. Not a team playing patriot in any of the world class league pool of talent.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Broadhead wrote:You must know Rocky Dennis? He was in that film Mask, where Cher played his slaggy biker mam. Had a face like a giant cartoon peanut, and flowing ginger locks.

Its my landlady
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Not much football commentary from the alleged footy fans...

Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 am

Well........

I missed the first match as apparently i have to do some work instead of slying off and watching South Africa vs Mexico. By all accounts Mexico were the better team in the first half but South Africa could and should snatched it in the last minute.

The France vs. Uruguay match was pretty shocking. They both look very ordinary teams. How Thierry Henry had the nerve to appeal for that hand ball i do not know! I could hear most of Ireland shouting rude words at him all the way over here in Wakey!

The South Korea/Greece match today i have missed as i have been stocking up on my music collection.

Looking forward to things getting Messi at 3 o'clock, and me being messy by the time England kick off.

En-Ger-Land etc etc.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:53 am

Is it just me like or has the tidal wave of cash that (for me) totally ruined football made all the teams (so far) seem really weak and homogenous?

I mean, in my day ( Embarassed ) there was a real difference in certain countries. Yeah most teams had some or many international level league players but the main body of players from somewhere in South America or Africa were genuinely poor and hungry and could do some very unpredictable and entertaining football.

It might just be because I don't watch a lot of games anymore or it might be just all the teams being super cautious early on... but I've seen all the England friendlies and all the games so far and I find the games shockingly dull. Really lame playing, endless panto falls and breakdancing around in mock pain and really very stupid hair.

Are they all really overpaid and soft now or is it me?

Fingers crossed it all improves. I'd really like to eat my words.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:43 pm

This world cup has so far been bloody rubbish. Ze Germans were impressive last night but that was against a truly woeful Australian team. I hope the Dutch, Brazil and the Spanish turn on the skills and wake me from my Football slumber.

I am so glad i didn't go out to watch the England match. If i had spent my hard-earned on that shower of shit i would have been really annoyed.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

I love the way the retarded advertising idiots are selling shit to girls by basically saying ; "resistance to the football is futile, accept your fate and play football themed bingo"

wankers
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Football themed bingo? tell me more.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Really poor games to watch all round really, thought the Slovenia v Algeria game was horrendous.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

It was simply awful. I'm glad i missed most of it.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm

I missed the Dutch yesterday but by all accounts they were ok. The Italians looked good in the second half.

Hopefully the Spanish and Brazilians and even that little winker Ronaldo will turn it on today and stop it from being the dullest opening round of a World Cup ever.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm gutted that I'm going to miss the portugal v Ivory coast game due to being stuck at work!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:France used to be a Global force.

Not any more.

Cash has killed football. Soft, useless pampered soloists. Not a team playing patriot in any of the world class league pool of talent.

I agree with rog for once.

Dull, dull, dull.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:40 am

I am deeply disappointed but I am holding on to one of the African sides doing well....
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm

agreed it has been mighty dull so far.

The debate on the vuvuzeelas is more interesting.

Oh and well done to robbie earle selling his tickets to a load of dutch ladies in mini skirts. Tit.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:16 pm

*crosses fingers Mick McCarthy, Garth Crooks, Adebayor and the entire ITV coverage lot do the same*
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Broadhead wrote:*crosses fingers Mick McCarthy, Garth Crooks, Adebayor and the entire ITV coverage lot do the same*

Mick McCarthy is just so bad at the whole commentator thing. Dull motherfucker.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

The Human Vuvuzela.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh, and i have a feeling Honduras vs Chile will be a really good match. No, really!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 pm

there's loads worse then mcCarthy

chris coleman, craig burley, clive tyldsey, kevin keegan
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Mainly ITV innit?

They are so shit.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Basically the poorer a country the better the football.

I am binning my season ticket to Elland Road, chucking my telly out the window and going to start a league in the slums of Mumbai. With dirty faced children.

If that fails, backstreet tramp penalty shootouts for cash.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:Basically the poorer a country the better the football.

I am binning my season ticket to Elland Road, chucking my telly out the window and going to start a league in the slums of Mumbai. With dirty faced children.

If that fails, backstreet tramp penalty shootouts for cash.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Roger's no rules cage football league...to the death

I'm in.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Sherrers wrote:Roger's no rules cage football league...to the death

I'm in.

In.
    Have that you cake.

The Dugout. Depository for World Cup fever here... - Page 4 BallDM0303_468x384

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:04 pm