VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
midgetgem
dainbramaged
Son of Nod
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
Joe
Mouldy
Ben
PW
Fandango Widewheels
FRENCHY
AcidHouseMilitia
bigdaddy
ralphio
duncan diablo
Seeley
ah ding
shAdy
scarlet pimpernel
Jonny Boy
Ye Olde Rog
jim_kezzle
Bishop
T.B
RvZ
elrusto
wookie
Sherrers
33 posters

ROOM 101, let off your steam

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

ROOM 101, let off your steam - Page 14 Empty Re: ROOM 101, let off your steam

Post  wookie Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Jonny Boy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    scarlet pimpernel wrote:yea the punters have been doing that for a long while. shame there is nowt else in leeds

now that's not strictly true!

there are the varied and interesting events of Asylum and Technique. There is the predictable German every now and then at Mint. Not forgetting the many and colourful ElectroGash nights on offer. It's a 24 hour city!

sorry I love Leeds and I despair at it's death of clubs. Mint/Aslyum/Technique is shit. Nonce music for nonces who wish they lived in Shoreditch. Basics was the only thing that was properly Leeds and made in Leeds and it died a year ago.

What happened to Foz and Stu?

they're starting the bastard son of dd in october at kerbcrawler

with derrick carter and moodymann

i still think basics could be made good again, it just needs some changes
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:52 pm

I hope they employ some cleaners before then....
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Kerbcrawler is one dirty DORTY place. And not in a good way.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:25 pm

if they just put some money into it it could be ace though.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 pm

wookie wrote:
    Jonny Boy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    scarlet pimpernel wrote:yea the punters have been doing that for a long while. shame there is nowt else in leeds

now that's not strictly true!

there are the varied and interesting events of Asylum and Technique. There is the predictable German every now and then at Mint. Not forgetting the many and colourful ElectroGash nights on offer. It's a 24 hour city!

sorry I love Leeds and I despair at it's death of clubs. Mint/Aslyum/Technique is shit. Nonce music for nonces who wish they lived in Shoreditch. Basics was the only thing that was properly Leeds and made in Leeds and it died a year ago.

What happened to Foz and Stu?

they're starting the bastard son of dd in october at kerbcrawler

with derrick carter and moodymann

i still think basics could be made good again, it just needs some changes

Are they still doing the one off thing at Northern Light or have they done it?
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:38 am

Bishop wrote:Are they still doing the one off thing at Northern Light or have they done it?

Never happened.

The Technique shindig with Carl Craig and Charles Webster at Northern light looks like it should be a bit of fun.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 am

shAdy wrote:
    Bishop wrote:Are they still doing the one off thing at Northern Light or have they done it?

Never happened.

The Technique shindig with Carl Craig and Charles Webster at Northern light looks like it should be a bit of fun.

ah.

when is that?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 am

Bet Foz and Stu are WELL happy technique are using northern light. not.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 am

Bishop wrote:
    shAdy wrote:

Never happened.

ah.

when is that?

2nd October mate. https://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp=&o=4&q=technique+leeds#/event.php?eid=124459550097&ref=mf

Greg Wilson's on at Wire the same night! http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?113027

Aphex and Vibert are at WHP that night too I think. I will be having to unleash my evil clones so as to be able to attend all three!
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:03 am

Sherrers wrote:Bet Foz and Stu are WELL happy technique are using northern light. not.

That had crossed my mind too.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 am

I hate

tourists. it's a london thing.
    the unbelievably shit so called summer
    london clubland slowly disappearing
    being skint

that's enough to bring anyone down
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm

my first recorded mix yesterday, some woeful mixing in it, not very happy with my performance
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:49 pm

wookie wrote:my first recorded mix yesterday, some woeful mixing in it, not very happy with my performance

nobody records mixes mate. not for years. I had a mate who's sole job was to mix Tong's show for him on the computer every week.

i've not heard a recorded mix that is untampered with for about 10 years
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:11 pm

Sherrers wrote:
    wookie wrote:my first recorded mix yesterday, some woeful mixing in it, not very happy with my performance

nobody records mixes mate. not for years. I had a mate who's sole job was to mix Tong's show for him on the computer every week.

i've not heard a recorded mix that is untampered with for about 10 years

i know mate, its was like hearing your own voice on tape, and thinking do i actually sound like that, plus its part of a wooing plan
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Aha!

the mating call of the wookie.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

currently

not had a nights sleep for a month due to Al Jnr
    got into SO much trouble for going out last weekend
    today the BBC declared that "news" is now called "content" Shocked Shocked Shocked (says a lot that)
    I am a withered husk because I have given up smoking.

*gnaws arm off*
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm

well i'm already lugubrious, urbane, poetic and oblique

i just need a soundtrack to go with it

Last edited by wookie on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm

and poetic. recently you had that added to your vvwi cv.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 pm

thank you, forgot about that
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 pm

members of the public, who say your lying to them on the phone

uppty fucking prick
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:56 pm

Sorry Wookie, that was probably me. Don't tell me you work for a bank, cause I still feel embarrassed about the slamming the phone down on Cahoot the other week.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 pm

no i work for leeds city council

it was some prick from garforth
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm

I always tell people on the phone that I am geeeeorgeous with a full flowing head of hair.

It's usually barbers who call me a liar.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:24 pm

wookie wrote:members of the public, who say your lying to them on the phone

uppty fucking prick

grrrr, angry wookie. don't wookies pull your arms off when they are angry or something, if my dim recollection of star wars is anything to go by?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 am

Token Bird wrote:
    wookie wrote:members of the public, who say your lying to them on the phone

uppty fucking prick

grrrr, angry wookie. don't wookies pull your arms off when they are angry or something, if my dim recollection of star wars is anything to go by?

yeah and if you dont let them win at space chess as well, i should of told him that down the phone
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:55 am

I find that it is a nightmare when buyers wont take your call. It is there job to speak to the market place and see what is on offer and what is being offered to them. Plus I reckon a lot of them need to get of there high horse. Evil or Very Mad
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:38 am

Ben Scottish wrote:I find that it is a nightmare when buyers wont take your call. It is there job to speak to the market place and see what is on offer and what is being offered to them. Plus I reckon a lot of them need to get of there high horse. Evil or Very Mad

yeah but isn't that a bit like saying it's women's jobs to procreate the species... so why haven't I had any sex in the past 12 years?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 am

Eastenders. complete dog shit, but as pointed out by mrs bish, the river is now blue on the opening/closing credits. EH?
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Amazon, that lying bunch of f**king CAKES!!!!!! GAH! YOU CAKES!!!!

And it's a Microsoft f**king keyboard (3-5 days delivery) that they've now told me will be delivered about 18 days after ordering.

It had to be f**king Micros*ft. All we need now is Google and that toga-wearing bunch of freaks at Apple to get involved and I'm going to be at the top of the clock tower with my gun collection shouting something incoherent about American running-dog imperialists and spraying bullets in every direction.

Whew. Time for a nice cup of tea.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 pm

haha!

cakes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 am