VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+24
mundyke
Beatrix
elrusto
Studio
Welsh
crang
Rrriot Guurl
Son of Nod
scarlet pimpernel
Bishop
Juanito
Jnr DJ
Jonny Boy
Ye Olde Rog
shAdy
PW
bigdaddy
Ben
jim_kezzle
T.B
RvZ
Fandango Widewheels
Sherrers
wookie
28 posters

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD

Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Empty Re: Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD

Post  Bishop Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 pm

MarkD77 wrote:The Nazis invented the blow up doll. TRUFAX!

Filthy animals.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Empty Re: Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD

Post  Sherrers Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:14 am

MarkD77 wrote:The Nazis invented the blow up doll. TRUFAX!

Yeah but say what you like about them the engine on my beach buggy (VW beetle) started 1st time after being left outside for over 10 years.

Wink

Hugo Boss designed their uniforms you know...

Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:57 am

Dear Prof Hawtin,

Why is the Sea blue?

What does E=MC2 mean?

Why does it always rain on me?

Why do birds suddenly appear?

When will I, will I be famous?

What have you done for me lately?

thanks

Jonny
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:40 am

Jonny Boy wrote:Dear Prof Hawtin,

Why is the Sea blue?

What does E=MC2 mean?

thanks

Jonny

Fuck all that crap. Have you bought an M_Nus beach towel yet? That's the answer to everything you need.

wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 am

How much is the beach towel?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:47 am

Two for fifty euros to you. If you want one Magda will be here shortly to sort you out.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Jonny Boy wrote:Dear Prof Hawtin,

Why is the Sea blue?

What does E=MC2 mean?

thanks

Jonny
    Hallo mein freund.

Zis is all very simple and should not trouble you. But an inquiring mind is better than a total idiot as we say in Berlin.

1. The Sea is not blue. Aha. Ha. It is an optical illusion reflecting the sky. White wine is not white either. That is Milk. Even zo it looks lovely unt bIue unt refreshing I do not suggest you drink the sea. It is highly saline and would take such a long time the very though of zis makes me laugh. Aha ha. Ha. Most amusing.

2, Energy equals Matter times Velocity squared. It's right there in front of you dumbkopff! The relativity bit can be explained zo... if you are on a speeding train and you throw your dinner at zer waiter in disgust to YOU the dinner is flying through the air merely a few feet at a slow pace. To your colleague outside the train as it zooms past zer dinner is flying through zer air much faster and further. It's motion is relative to the position of the observer. Obviously.

3. In this thought experiment (I can see you hope to "trip me" as you say. Aha. Ha) I can only assume you are a Norse God. Which is the only rational scientific answer as no-where precipitates constantly. Not even the rather inaccurately named zo-called "rain forest" which is a misnomer of some proportion. Forgive my poor English.

4. Most raptor species of bird and some sea birds attack at great velocity. Also the human eye, while marvellous and efficient in many ways is not positioned on the head for optimum 360 degree observation. Although in my experiments I intend to move the eyes of my assistant to the side of his head to improve zis problem or should I say "design fault"? aha. Ha.

5. You are famous today mein freund! yes. Live zer dream right here. Right now.

6. I believe I have answered all your questions. Which in itself answers the question. Which for me is a very enjoyable paradox such a Godel's thought experiment "The following sentence is always false. The preceding sentence is always true". Which is of course represented mathematically as x + y = z2 vich to me is hilarious and a lot of fun for you at home also.

Remember. Do not fear science! the fact it always ends up used for evil does not mean we are! Empirical evidence aside.

Now I must leave as it is 15.2 minutes past my lunch and I must finish my water and brain charge...
    Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Richie10
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 am

I don't know what to say!

thank you Professor Hawtin!

cheers
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 am

I'm a bit pissed but that had me laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

Post  scarlet pimpernel Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 am

MarkD77 wrote:Magda will be here shortly to sort you out.

he wishes!! Wink
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 am

Professor Hawtin.

is there any scientific evidence to suggest that men are petrified of women, our genitalia and pretty much the rest of us too?

and while I have you, statistically how common is anal penetration for so-called-straight men by women?

Danke!

RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I do hope the Professor has time for that one today! Very Happy

Purely in the interests of science naturally...
    Beatrix
    Beatrix
    w

Number of posts : 114

Post  Beatrix Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 am

now I think I understand the joke. some of them
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 am

I'm really intrested in this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11711228

I just wonder how long it will be before somthing goes very wong.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 pm

BIG BANG

Hot off the Dunstable Today press!!! Shocked

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Zx500y290_990068

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 am

Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:29 am

Son of Nod wrote:BIG BANG

Hot off the Dunstable Today press!!! Shocked

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Zx500y290_990068

I've seen bigger.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I have been enjoying looking at the fish from the deep. Here are a selection:

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Hairy-angler

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 FrilledSharkG_468x331

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Blobfish

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Mouth-gulper
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Shocked
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Son of Nod wrote: Shocked

I think the third one down looks like someone I know. I just can't think who at the monent.

There are so many more check this video out from the second one down.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:21 am

How about this then? I've seen lightning tonight while it was snowing. Didn't believe it so googled it and it is entirely possible!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 pm

MarkD77 wrote:How about this then? I've seen lightning tonight while it was snowing. Didn't believe it so googled it and it is entirely possible!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow

I'd heard someone had seen this recently and mentioned it to my housemates last night who quite clearly thought I'd finally lost it.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

NASA Probe Sees Solar Wind Decline

Prof HAWTIN'S POPULAR SCIENCE THREAD - Page 10 Voyager-640

December 13, 2010

PASADENA, Calif. – The 33-year odyssey of NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft has reached a distant point at the edge of our solar system where there is no outward motion of solar wind.

Now hurtling toward interstellar space some 17.4 billion kilometers (10.8 billion miles) from the sun, Voyager 1 has crossed into an area where the velocity of the hot ionized gas, or plasma, emanating directly outward from the sun has slowed to zero. Scientists suspect the solar wind has been turned sideways by the pressure from the interstellar wind in the region between stars.

The event is a major milestone in Voyager 1's passage through the heliosheath, the turbulent outer shell of the sun's sphere of influence, and the spacecraft's upcoming departure from our solar system.

"The solar wind has turned the corner," said Ed Stone, Voyager project scientist based at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, Calif. "Voyager 1 is getting close to interstellar space."

Our sun gives off a stream of charged particles that form a bubble known as the heliosphere around our solar system. The solar wind travels at supersonic speed until it crosses a shockwave called the termination shock. At this point, the solar wind dramatically slows down and heats up in the heliosheath.

Launched on Sept. 5, 1977, Voyager 1 crossed the termination shock in December 2004 into the heliosheath. Scientists have used data from Voyager 1's Low-Energy Charged Particle Instrument to deduce the solar wind's velocity. When the speed of the charged particles hitting the outward face of Voyager 1 matched the spacecraft's speed, researchers knew that the net outward speed of the solar wind was zero. This occurred in June, when Voyager 1 was about 17 billion kilometers (10.6 billion miles) from the sun.

Because the velocities can fluctuate, scientists watched four more monthly readings before they were convinced the solar wind's outward speed actually had slowed to zero. Analysis of the data shows the velocity of the solar wind has steadily slowed at a rate of about 20 kilometers per second each year (45,000 mph each year) since August 2007, when the solar wind was speeding outward at about 60 kilometers per second (130,000 mph). The outward speed has remained at zero since June.

The results were presented today at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco.

"When I realized that we were getting solid zeroes, I was amazed," said Rob Decker, a Voyager Low-Energy Charged Particle Instrument co-investigator and senior staff scientist at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Md. "Here was Voyager, a spacecraft that has been a workhorse for 33 years, showing us something completely new again."

Scientists believe Voyager 1 has not crossed the heliosheath into interstellar space. Crossing into interstellar space would mean a sudden drop in the density of hot particles and an increase in the density of cold particles. Scientists are putting the data into their models of the heliosphere's structure and should be able to better estimate when Voyager 1 will reach interstellar space. Researchers currently estimate Voyager 1 will cross that frontier in about four years.

"In science, there is nothing like a reality check to shake things up, and Voyager 1 provided that with hard facts," said Tom Krimigis, principal investigator on the Low-Energy Charged Particle Instrument, who is based at the Applied Physics Laboratory and the Academy of Athens, Greece. "Once again, we face the predicament of redoing our models."

A sister spacecraft, Voyager 2, was launched in Aug. 20, 1977 and has reached a position 14.2 billion kilometers (8.8 billion miles) from the sun. Both spacecraft have been traveling along different trajectories and at different speeds. Voyager 1 is traveling faster, at a speed of about 17 kilometers per second (38,000 mph), compared to Voyager 2's velocity of 15 kilometers per second (35,000 mph). In the next few years, scientists expect Voyager 2 to encounter the same kind of phenomenon as Voyager 1.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Did anyone watch Horizon last night, the program about reality?

cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

I wish I hadn't watched it, I couldn't sleep for 2 hours after. Proper mind blowing stuff.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Wanted to, but watched 'One Born Every Minute'.... Suspect
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Post  elrusto Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 am

No... I wanted to as well.

Got a text off my mate at 9.01pm, and all it said was 'BBC2'

To which my reply was 'I wish mate, being made to watch Americas Next Top Nightmare on Living if you're interested... No?!?!' Rolling Eyes

Will have to watch it on iplayer
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 am

elrusto wrote:No... I wanted to as well.

Got a text off my mate at 9.01pm, and all it said was 'BBC2'

To which my reply was 'I wish mate, being made to watch Americas Next Top Nightmare on Living if you're interested... No?!?!' Rolling Eyes

Will have to watch it on iplayer

is carrie moving to america?
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Post  elrusto Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 am

Ha ha! Yeah, she's the queen of Zamunda...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am