VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+20
Mr.C
Mac
Rrriot Guurl
Ben
elrusto
wookie
tanit
Jnr DJ
Fandango Widewheels
jon carter
Ye Olde Rog
RvZ
bigdaddy
Bishop
crang
scarlet pimpernel
Son of Nod
Broadhead
T.B
Sherrers
24 posters

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.  - Page 14 Empty Re: Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:09 am

I know Bolton quite well, which is why RG tickled me with that comment. Laughing

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 am

Sherrers wrote:That can only mean you supported them Laughing

Bloody hell no. I can't believe you'd think that!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:06 am

Well last weekend was a lot of fun, even the weather couldn't spoil it.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 am

Tune in next week when Wookie describes the rise and fall of Napoleon in one sentence.

Very Happy
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 am

Laughing
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 am

Sherrers wrote:Tune in next week when Wookie describes the rise and fall of Napoleon in one sentence.

Very Happy

How about

He woke up one day feeling short, invaded loads of places, got beat by the brits and the prussians, died in exile.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 am

Napoleon wasn't actually short, it's a myth. He was slightly taller than the average height for a Frenchman of that time.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 am

Yeah it was an early example of a smear campaign. The victors write the extremely short history books.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Napoleon wasn't actually short, it's a myth. He was slightly taller than the average height for a Frenchman of that time.

this is you in history

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Anyone doing owt?

I'm pretty darn skint so will probably watch the football at a friends house later, then stay in for the remainder of the weekend.

Exciting times.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:16 pm

payday today, so off to Horsforth to watch the football

tomorrow - buy some new trainers, then head down to waxwerks during the day to see matt tolfrey for a bit

sunday - nix
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Have you been in Waxwerks yet? What's the stock like? I keep meaning to pop in. Discogs has made me lazy.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Have you been in Waxwerks yet? What's the stock like? I keep meaning to pop in. Discogs has made me lazy.

It's worth popping in for a look. There's not a great deal or at least there wasn't when i went in though to be fair to them it was the opening day.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:49 pm

its getting better all the time, there was alot more in last time i was there

it's a cool little place as well
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Don't know what you lot are on about.

Glade festival for me. Pissing rain. Will be in and out like The Wild Geese.

T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Glade is well pongo.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:53 pm

I get that rubbish every year and it's always from people who have never been.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:44 am

Tonight - watch the footy with junior baughan. I bet he falls asleep.

Tomorrow - Junior has visitors at 10 and 11, then out for lunch at 2. No evening plans.

Sunday - Afternoon of polo, watching not playing. Tea with the grandparents. nice.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:46 am

Bishop wrote:Tonight - watch the footy with junior baughan. I bet he falls asleep.

Tomorrow - Junior has visitors at 10 and 11, then out for lunch at 2. No evening plans.

Sunday - Afternoon of polo, watching not playing. Tea with the grandparents. nice.

I bet you're proper detoxed now you're a Dad.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:47 am

Sherrers wrote:Don't know what you lot are on about.

Glade festival for me. Pissing rain. Will be in and out like The Wild Geese.

Glade looks pretty ace this year. Weather looks fucking awful though.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:56 am

I've been working at festivals since the 80's. The weather is usually bad. Outdoors is outside for a reason.

Once in a blue moon it is really nice. Even more rarely it is nice for every day of it.

Expecting good weather at a festival is sheer madness.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    Bishop wrote:Tonight - watch the footy with junior baughan. I bet he falls asleep.

I bet you're proper detoxed now you're a Dad.

Haven't had more than 2 pints for about 2 months now. If anyone wants to lose weight, have a child. Works wonders for the diet. Lost 6lbs in less than 2 weeks. Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:20 am

Sherrers wrote:I've been working at festivals since the 80's. The weather is usually bad. Outdoors is outside for a reason.

Once in a blue moon it is really nice. Even more rarely it is nice for every day of it.

Yeah, but it's all about bringing the outside 'in' Wink

When are you playing?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:02 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I've been working at festivals since the 80's. The weather is usually bad. Outdoors is outside for a reason.

Yeah, but it's all about bringing the outside 'in' Wink

When are you playing?

Always plan with bad weather in mind. Good weather is a bonus.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm off to see the Olympic torch come past the bottom of our road shortly. Yay.

Pictures will follow.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Glade festival has changed hands (again) and I was moved and touched by their total lack of organisation, manners and operational logistics.

I was on at 10.30pm. They shut all the gates at 10pm but didn't warn anyone. At 9.30 there was a huge queue of cars and vans (mostly performers) wondering why the people who'd paid for them to be there now didn't want them to come in.

It got to 10.20 so I figured there had to be more than one gate and I did a haughty doughnut in the muck and sped off to find another.

I found the next gate open with the obligatory Tarquin and Penelope trustifarians on the gate with reflective jackets and unreflective brains.

After about 20 mins watching them fail to get in touch with anyone at all on their radio I just thought fuckit and sped off into the fest with no carpass or ticket.

By the time I got to the Production Office there was an APB out on a bearded bumrusher. I didn't bother telling them it was me and they didn't even click when they were confused about how I'd actually got as far as them.

I finally got a wristband and after trudging through World War I I got there at 11 sharp. Despite the festival's best attempts to keep me out.

I was ace.

The End.

I'll insert the twat caveat that while I was the dashing hero of the tale as told above... in reality by 6am back in London after 6 hours driving and a few miles muck-skiing etc I was proper fucked. I used to be able do all that shit for a week. I'm a ruined husk of my former self. I've got one night a week in me now. The shame Embarassed
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 pm

I saw the olympic torch. I was more underwhelmed than I expected.

I also had to go see it for a second time last night in Middlesbrough. This wasn't so bad though as there was a van selling fresh hot donuts. Yum Smile
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Sherrers wrote:Glade festival has changed hands (again) and I was moved and touched by their total lack of organisation, manners and operational logistics.

I was on at 10.30pm. They shut all the gates at 10pm but didn't warn anyone. At 9.30 there was a huge queue of cars and vans (mostly performers) wondering why the people who'd paid for them to be there now didn't want them to come in.

It got to 10.20 so I figured there had to be more than one gate and I did a haughty doughnut in the muck and sped off to find another.

I found the next gate open with the obligatory Tarquin and Penelope trustifarians on the gate with reflective jackets and unreflective brains.

After about 20 mins watching them fail to get in touch with anyone at all on their radio I just thought fuckit and sped off into the fest with no carpass or ticket.

By the time I got to the Production Office there was an APB out on a bearded bumrusher. I didn't bother telling them it was me and they didn't even click when they were confused about how I'd actually got as far as them.

I finally got a wristband and after trudging through World War I I got there at 11 sharp. Despite the festival's best attempts to keep me out.

I was ace.

The End.

I'll insert the twat caveat that while I was the dashing hero of the tale as told above... in reality by 6am back in London after 6 hours driving and a few miles muck-skiing etc I was proper fucked. I used to be able do all that shit for a week. I'm a ruined husk of my former self. I've got one night a week in me now. The shame Embarassed

Is it this week you got to Ibiza?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Tomorrow.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 pm

A week of pain then given your Glade experience Wink

I'm sure the sun and general vibe will be more than enough to keep you going.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 am