VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+19
Ben
elrusto
wookie
scarlet pimpernel
RvZ
Jonny Boy
Jnr DJ
Ye Olde Rog
Beatrix
T.B
Rrriot Guurl
Rentaghost
Bishop
Andrella
Son of Nod
Fandango Widewheels
Broadhead
Sherrers
Matt Long
23 posters

Basics 6th November

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Basics 6th November - Page 6 Empty Re: Basics 6th November

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:37 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:Technically from 3am I was.

I would have come upstairs to shake hands with people I have no recollection of but I was somewhat encumbered by having to choreograph the borderline mentally handicapped staff into something that resembles people at least pretending to look busy.

I know it was a good night. From the spreadheet.

Let me guess. Sheridan got steaming, the music was a cut above the usual shite but the crowd were a cut below?

Wink

I thought it was one of the better crowds I have seen there for a while. Then again, I didn't move out of the corner for quite some time, so my 'crowd' consisted of people I knew. Bit of a shit crowd barometer to be fair.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    Token Bird wrote:Who was in charge of this mickey mouse operation then??

Very Happy

I was in charge of getting everyone into Basics and that went swimmingly. Gold star for me thank you very much.

What do you want another medal?

Tim : "Mutley! go sort out Basics and you'll have a shiny new medal"

Mark : Aheee heee he he he.... Medal."

Basics 6th November - Page 6 D_and_10

Careful what you ask for. I used to volunteer for stuff. You don't want to get like me.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 am

MarkD77 wrote:

I would have come upstairs to shake hands with people I have no recollection of but I was somewhat encumbered by having to choreograph the borderline mentally handicapped staff into something that resembles people at least pretending to look busy.

Let me guess. Sheridan got steaming, the music was a cut above the usual shite but the crowd were a cut below?

Wink

I thought it was one of the better crowds I have seen there for a while. Then again, I didn't move out of the corner for quite some time, so my 'crowd' consisted of people I knew. Bit of a shit crowd barometer to be fair.

Mika.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:40 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

Very Happy

I was in charge of getting everyone into Basics and that went swimmingly. Gold star for me thank you very much.

Careful what you ask for. I used to volunteer for stuff. You don't want to get like me.

Another medal? I don't have the first one yet! Plus I didn't volunteer. It came down to a fight between me and Tim, I bottled it as he is carrying more weight than me.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:42 am

MarkD77 wrote:

Wink

It was a real proper broken biscuit bag of types!

In a brilliant way. Proper old timers and barely legals all having it.

I was late again but... did get to meet Emlyn the Bass player for the L.L.O. So... two down... loads to go.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:48 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

Very Happy

Another medal? I don't have the first one yet! Plus I didn't volunteer. It came down to a fight between me and Tim, I bottled it as he is carrying more weight than me.

That's my point! don't get drawn in listen....

there are no medals!

Just nod, smile or send a meaningless text and ignore it. Tim "Logistics, Strategy and Exectution" Sherribonk just does it all in triplicate anyway, cos he trusts you or me or any other human about as much as he trusts microwaves Wink
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 am

Jonny Boy wrote:Proper old timers and barely legals all having it.

You rang!?

*waggles eyebrows"
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

Very Happy

That's my point! don't get drawn in listen....

there are no medals!

Just nod, smile or send a meaningless text and ignore it. Tim "Logistics, Strategy and Exectution" Sherribonk just does it all in triplicate anyway, cos he trusts you or me or any other human about as much as he trusts microwaves Wink

Apparently he is currently planning his own state funeral Wink
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 am

Good turnout Roger? I mean in total, not "barely legals" (whatever sinister inappropriate gag that means) Very Happy
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 am

Any sign of him today or was he picked up from Basics by Pickfords?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:
    Jonny Boy wrote:Proper old timers and barely legals all having it in Roger's office.

You rang!?

*waggles eyebrows"

So that's why I never saw you Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 am

Al wrote:Any sign of him today or was he picked up from Basics by Pickfords?

He's lurking on Facebook. Apparently, and on the evidence of his posts, still bang at it.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

waggles eyebrows. didnt half make me laugh that.

Thought the club was great, great atmosphere, nice crowd. Didnt stop laughing all night. (mainly at marks dancing). Wink

I would very much like to hear from Ben, who was in a right old pickle. drunken
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 am

Al wrote:Any sign of him today or was he picked up from Basics by Pickfords?

I got a text a 7am this morning which apart from it;s contents suggests one of two things...
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:59 am

Bishop wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thought the club was great, great atmosphere, nice crowd. Didnt stop laughing all night. (mainly at marks dancing). Wink

he still is.

he's ben lurking all day but not put a word down....

Wink
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:59 am

That's 'snake hips' to you Wink
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:01 am

MarkD77 wrote:

Hahahahaha, what with snake hips and Ben "crazy legs" Mutch we had a fine selection of groovers.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:01 am

Token Bird wrote:

he still is.

he's ben lurking all day but not put a word down....

Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am

My dancing name is "Scorpion's Cock" Mister "snake' Hips. Fancy a dance off?

Sheridan took in a large order of deadly items at Eduardo's castle at something like midnight last night so I expect he's lying in the shape of a swastika on an overpriced 'antique' rug, clutching some "ethnic" artwork like a teddy and not realising that is basically casting a very slow voodoo spell on Eddy's house and contents.

He can't be in a good way. He left Stinky's at about midday yesterday after driving me insane... and proceeded to rang me almost hourly till this some satanistic hour this morning Shocked
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:09 am

Bishop wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

Hahahahaha, what with snake hips and Ben "crazy legs" Mutch we had a fine selection of groovers.

'Groovers', you make us sound ace. From what I could see it was more 'shuffling'
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:My dancing name is "Scorpion's Cock" Mister "snake' Hips. Fancy a dance off?
    Sheridan took in a large order of deadly items at Eduardo's castle at something like midnight last night so I expect he's lying in the shape of a swastika on an overpriced 'antique' rug, clutching some "ethnic" artwork like a teddy and not realising that is basically casting a very slow voodoo spell on Eddy's house and contents.

He can't be in a good way. He left Stinky's at about midday yesterday after driving me insane... and proceeded to rang me almost hourly till this some satanistic hour this morning Shocked

Tea dance?

I dread to think of the state of Eduardo's place this morning if the list of chemicals Tim is quoting is anything to go by affraid
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:58 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:My dancing name is "Scorpion's Cock" Mister "snake' Hips. Fancy a dance off?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Was he ringing you to annoy you Roger? or did he actually want something.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 am

Good afternoon everyone,

Great weekend, was really nice to meet everyone at Mojo's. Was loving the blender but great shame we didn't get it to work. Have to say think your all a great bunch. Was great to meet Son of Nod, Mark, Paul, Lucy the list is long. After a few cheeky cocktails followed by a few beers we headed to another bar. At this stage I was still pretty steady on my feet. It was not long before we all arrived at Basics. Basics as per usual was quality. Fuck knows what I got up to? Still trying to figure out if I made a complete tit of myself. I'm pretty sure I have, so that is why I'm currently still in hiding. Woodall played some right tunes. Followed by our mighty leader and frenchy. I was close to reenacting an upside down crab at this stage I think. I was convinced that Michelle wanted to go home, still have not figured out if this was the case. We decided to get a taxi back to York. On arrival in York I decided that I did'nt want to be at home so left Michelle and got a taxi back to Basics. What a mission, got back to the club to see the last hour of Tim and frenchy which was quality. Then headed up to the Black box for some push on action. I think at this stage my legs were once again not working so after a lot of wobbling it was easier to sit and take in the carnage. Think I left about 8am and did. After a good wonder around leeds I thought it was best to make my way to headingly. Which was random as I didn't know anyone who was kicking about. It was at this stage I put out a distress call to be picked up. An hour and a half later I was sat at home drinking carva and orange juice followed by zambuca shots. Very very blurry weekend. drunken drunken drunken cheers cheers cheers
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:18 am

Ben wrote:Good afternoon everyone,

Great weekend, was really nice to meet everyone at Mojo's. Was loving the blender but great shame we didn't get it to work. Have to say think your all a great bunch. Was great to meet Son of Nod, Mark, Paul, Lucy the list is long. After a few cheeky cocktails followed by a few beers we headed to another bar. At this stage I was still pretty steady on my feet. It was not long before we all arrived at Basics. Basics as per usual was quality. Fuck knows what I got up to? Still trying to figure out if I made a complete tit of myself. I'm pretty sure I have, so that is why I'm currently still in hiding. Woodall played some right tunes. Followed by our mighty leader and frenchy. I was close to reenacting an upside down crab at this stage I think. I was convinced that Michelle wanted to go home, still have not figured out if this was the case. We decided to get a taxi back to York. On arrival in York I decided that I did'nt want to be at home so left Michelle and got a taxi back to Basics. What a mission, got back to the club to see the last hour of Tim and frenchy which was quality. Then headed up to the Black box for some push on action. I think at this stage my legs were once again not working so after a lot of wobbling it was easier to sit and take in the carnage. Think I left about 8am and did. After a good wonder around leeds I thought it was best to make my way to headingly. Which was random as I didn't know anyone who was kicking about. It was at this stage I put out a distress call to be picked up. An hour and a half later I was sat at home drinking carva and orange juice followed by zambuca shots. Very very blurry weekend. drunken drunken drunken cheers cheers cheers

Might be some gaps there, just put it down to experience Wink Good to meet you though cheers
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 am

Also Mark good effort on getting everyone in. Also glad we managed to get everyone involved. There was a good team out. Still concerned that I made a proper fool out of myself. Think I'm back off under my stone!!
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 am

Ben wrote:Also Mark good effort on getting everyone in. Also glad we managed to get everyone involved. There was a good team out. Still concerned that I made a proper fool out of myself. Think I'm back off under my stone!!

Handing a list of paper over to Gary is about the extent of my talents. Looks like I may have found my niche in life.

Don't stay under the stone too long, there are more nights out to come Wink
    Matt Long
    Matt Long
    w

Number of posts : 131

Post  Matt Long Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 am

It was a good sizede team,maybe we could start a vvwi football team? We could bknock the stuffing out of glasshouse!
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am

Ben wrote:Good afternoon everyone,

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Didnt realise you had been home and come back. We couldnt get that much sense out of you.

You looked very ropey at one point until Mrs Bish took charge and looked after you for an hour. Soon had you back on your feet and dancing. Very Happy
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:29 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:

Was Mr Carter involved in the carry on...?

Sorry for my early departure. Myself and Mr Killer are both struggling to come to terms with mid thirties and are both very bad with temptation so we orchestrated an early swerve. Lovely to meet all those I didn't already know.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 am

shAdy wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:

Was Mr Carter involved in the carry on...?

Sorry for my early departure. Myself and Mr Killer are both struggling to come to terms with mid thirties and are both very bad with temptation so we orchestrated an early swerve. Lovely to meet all those I didn't already know.

That was my plan. You stole it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:06 pm