VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+25
Son of Nod
crang
Broadhead
mundros
Fandango Widewheels
elrusto
Jnr DJ
Rrriot Guurl
Seeley
T.B
Joe
Strange Worlds
shAdy
Ye Olde Rog
FRENCHY
scarlet pimpernel
bigdaddy
Ben
Bishop
jim_kezzle
wookie
RvZ
Jonny Boy
Sherrers
tdmusic
29 posters

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream) - Page 4 Empty Re: Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

Post  bigdaddy Sat May 16, 2009 3:23 am

Token Bird wrote:There is a premise that 'corporal punishment' is enjoyable for men because women are too weak to hurt them.

I always say if a bloke is enjoying a spanking you've forgotten to knee him in the nuts.

If they are enjoying it you aren't doing it properly basically.

A friend once dated a dominatrix.

He felt a bit funny about it so he asked me to come and check out where she worked, as if peering around your mate's new girlfriend's unusual workplace and going "ah, stocks!" would somehow normalise it all.

Anyhow, I got thrown out. She tied me to the wheel and I was, like, "this is SO COOL!" as I was spinning around.

It was cool. But apparently that wasn't "the right spirit".
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream) - Page 4 Empty Re: Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 3:28 am

I've not downloaded yet but I do know that this ;

Joe wrote:6th Borough Project “Do It To The Max” [Instruments of Rapture]
    House of House “The Rough Half (Don’t Stop)” [Whatever We Want]

is a good choice!

Although I'd be well taxed to get them to play together for long
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Sat May 16, 2009 3:31 am

Can you finally answer the question as to why you never talk about music or DJing tim? as you seem to be lightening up about lately.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Sat May 16, 2009 3:34 am

Sherrers wrote:I've not downloaded yet but I do know that this ;

Joe wrote:6th Borough Project “Do It To The Max” [Instruments of Rapture]
    House of House “The Rough Half (Don’t Stop)” [Whatever We Want]

is a good choice!

Although I'd be well taxed to get them to play together for long

I don't know anything about old records but I like this mix Joe!

(not sure about the intro tho Wink )
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 3:38 am

they are new records actually Jonny. things come around.. they drift in and out... you get laughed at one year.. lauded the next Wink

Jonny Boy wrote:Can you finally answer the question as to why you never talk about music or DJing tim? as you seem to be lightening up about lately.

few things really. I do it all the time so in my 'downtime' I don't think about it much. which annoys the hell out of some who think you should be on it 24/7. You tend to find these types have 'normal' jobs Wink

I just think DJing is not that complicated, why talk about it?

the rest is all about internet bollocks.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Sat May 16, 2009 3:39 am

Sherrers wrote:they are new records actually Jonny. things come around.. they drift in and out... you get laughed at one year.. lauded the next Wink

Jonny Boy wrote:Can you finally answer the question as to why you never talk about music or DJing tim? as you seem to be lightening up about lately.

few things really. I do it all the time so in my 'downtime' I don't think about it much. which annoys the hell out of some who think you should be on it 24/7. You tend to find these types have 'normal' jobs Wink

I just think DJing is not that complicated, why talk about it?

the rest is all about internet bollocks.

I imagine Faith didn't help?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 3:56 am

yes and no.

I didn't change anything at all in my life cos of Faith I was the way I was before and after... but they are a great example. If you do something for a living... and with something as opinionated as musical obscurities... then you are entering a world of bollocks if you play that game. I'm naturally a bit nerdy so I have to draw a line somewhere. If I start getting into that I will literally never get off the internet.

There is also I must confess a slightly perverse pleasure in knowing you know stuff and experiencing other nerds who (automatically) think they know more than you. Especially when they base this on nothing at all. It's kind of nerd-gladiators. You have to enter the ring and fight them and I can't be arsed really. I like having a laugh on the net and nothing about musical one-upmanship appeals to me. Personally I always assume first that people know their onions whether they are pros or not. Unfortunately a lot of hobbyists take the opposing line. That if you do it for a living you know nothing and they can have a good sneer. They remind me of football fans endlessly griping about blokes who are, like it or not, professionals. While they are all bald chubby old pedestrians. Sounds like i am sneering but I don't think a "pro" DJ is better than anyone else... like I say... I assume the internet nerds are well into their shit and many know much more about it than me.

Faith made it really easy for me to stand by my own (easily broken) rule of not getting into it. If I piped up about anything at all there the couple of wankers/stalkers would leap on it regardless. Music was the one area I could have a private laugh about it all and say to myself 'I don't have to jump through hoops about that one." sort of.

Happy now?
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Sat May 16, 2009 4:03 am

I sort of get it now. I can see why some people find your stance annoying. But it is based on jealousy really I spose. That you get paid for it and they think they can do it better?

I always remember on Faith you used to say people can make their own minds up. And we did.

Wink
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Sat May 16, 2009 4:07 am

Jonny Boy wrote:I always remember on Faith you used to say people can make their own minds up. And we did.

And here we are!
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Sat May 16, 2009 4:15 am

we made our choice. here we are Wink

I think a point everyone has missed is when it suits Faith they shout "hey! it's a forum about music" and use it as a reason to bully, and then do endless threads about fuck all to do with music as long as the 'right' people start them or approve them.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 4:22 am

well said. I think it's also about having the right to choose whether you want to or not. The only thing that actually annoyed me about that aspect was the assumption that if you didn't participate much in music discussion that you don't have much to say. It's the opposite of course.

Anyway

Ban on Faith references is looming!

Back to Joe's mix. My bloody computer is too full to take a mix on. But the choice of tunes is great!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Sat May 16, 2009 4:28 am

we've already started a boycott innocent, we might as well add faith references to it
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat May 16, 2009 4:31 am

bigdaddy wrote:
    Token Bird wrote:There is a premise that 'corporal punishment' is enjoyable for men because women are too weak to hurt them.

I always say if a bloke is enjoying a spanking you've forgotten to knee him in the nuts.

If they are enjoying it you aren't doing it properly basically.

A friend once dated a dominatrix.

He felt a bit funny about it so he asked me to come and check out where she worked, as if peering around your mate's new girlfriend's unusual workplace and going "ah, stocks!" would somehow normalise it all.

Anyhow, I got thrown out. She tied me to the wheel and I was, like, "this is SO COOL!" as I was spinning around.

It was cool. But apparently that wasn't "the right spirit".

hahaha! I love that.

I am downloading JOe.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Sat May 16, 2009 4:40 am

isn't it funny how people see things

I love Joe's mix but it's about as summertime as the darkroom at Berghain Wink

Low-slung funk? yes! ... sunshine... no!

(at the end a bit maybe)

I am very much loving it though.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat May 16, 2009 11:25 pm

I like it. It is a bit like the happy mondays groove in parts. It does sound retro but in a way I really like. I'm surprised they are all new records. It sounds like a big load of your end of the night records timmy all strung together. And that is a compliment and a half.

It is very musical too.

I will leave this in the car a fair while Joe thanks
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

i imagine Joe wasn't looking for a running commentary Wink
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 pm

It's all good though. We are Spamily after all. Joe's mix is getting a rousing thumbs up Very Happy
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Sun May 17, 2009 12:02 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:It is very musical too.

danger, this musical product may contain music!

Wink
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Sun May 17, 2009 12:03 am

It really grows on you too. Nice one Joe.
    Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Number of posts : 55

Post  Joe Mon May 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Wow, thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it.

Yeah they are mostly all new records, with the exception of the last one which is from '96 I think. I guess some of the stuff I'm into and play has a certain retro feel to it.

Interesting Rog commented on a Happy Mondays groove. I have it on good authority that the beats on one of the tracks I used is a carbon copy of the Mondays 'Wrote For Luck'.

And Token Bird - I guess one mans idea of a summetime vibe is another mans (or womans) idea of dark gay basements Wink

I was actually aiming for a lazy summery mix that morphs into a more clubby, darkroom smoke and strobes type affair.

Anyway, thanks again. Smile
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue May 19, 2009 1:21 am

Joe wrote:I was actually aiming for a lazy summery mix that morphs into a more clubby, darkroom smoke and strobes type affair.

mission accomplished Wink
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue May 19, 2009 1:27 am

Hello hello everyone. Hope you all had a plesent weekend. I had a pretty heavy one and have really struggled today. One of my jobs is going tits up plus the fact I am now depressed from over indulging. Anyways I have just found a new mix by Danny Raper. Not had a chance to have a listen as yet but here you go:

May'09 PROMO MIX ::: K-ManHattan ::: Right click save as to download: http://www.ketoloco.com/mixes/k-manhattan.mp3

Also I have just been passed these to Mix's from a mate Bradley. Hope you enjoy.

CAS10 SPRING 09 MIX
    http://soundcloud.com/wearecasio/casio-spring-mix

CAS1O WINTER MIX 08
    http://soundcloud.com/wearecasio/cas1o-winter-mix-
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue May 19, 2009 1:39 am

Ben Scottish wrote: One of my jobs is going tits up plus the fact I am now depressed from over indulging.

it's happening all over Ben. But sorry to hear it.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 am

Jonny Boy wrote:
    Ye Olde Rog wrote:It is very musical too.

danger, this musical product may contain music!

Wink

I think he means they are not so 'tracky' and there is a lot of modulation and dynamics.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 am

Had a listen to Booka Shade's "in white rooms" again today, and its an amazing and unique tune that I love dearly and thought it was worth a mention here.

RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 am

What happen to young Tom who seemed such a catch and was keen as mustard??

why has he buggered off?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 am

He met me.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Al wrote:What happen to young Tom who seemed such a catch and was keen as mustard??

why has he buggered off?
    He's been pretty busy at work and has a fair bit of freelance work he's been doing too. He'll be back!
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Sherrers wrote:He met me.

haha! the old sheridan magic is still there?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 am

Token Bird wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:He met me.

haha! the old sheridan magic is still there?

you know it.

here is something for you all. it's just a sing-a-long thing we did for laughs that actually goes down really well at the end of the night. Gets played at Basics a fair bit I'm told.

here

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqV281TlFOMUNGa1E9PQ

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 am