VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Number of posts : 63

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream) - Page 2 Empty Re: Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

Post  tdmusic on Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 pm

bigdaddy wrote:There is about to be a new Abe Duque mix up at http://www.the-x-agency.com/preview/x-podcasts.xml. I'm behind in uploading several new mixes, but it should be today or tuesday.

(Those podcasts via itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=272703224)

And for the Abe Duque fans who are also producers, we're about to announce a competition with DJ mag and Groove Germany (and I hope XLR8R in the US) for three people to win a day in the studio with Abe. You need to get on the list at abeduque.net to be in the draw. I'd get in early, this is going to be very big.

Will check this out - all I know of Abe Duque is his track "What Happened", which is really cool.

I'm currently on Chapter 3 of "Learning Logic Pro 8", so I don't think I'm quite ready for the producer competition but you never know Wink
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream) - Page 2 Empty Re: Things to listen to! (Recommendations of legal music to download/stream)

Post  Ben on Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 pm

After Matthias Tanzmanns amazing set @ Basics the other week. Here's a mix to bring back some of the memories.

Matthias Tanzmann - Ibiza Voice Podcast
    http://uploaded.to/?id=q1n24s

bounce bounce
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle on Fri May 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Ben Scottish wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:you going to Ketaloco tonight Ben?

Afraid not Jim. Pritty gutted like. Would have liked to see Hobo. Have heard some good reports since he was signed my Minus. Are you off??

I am sadly off down to Kent for the long weekend. Would imagine that it will be quite quite. Plus I am gutted to be missing Magda. She's spot on like.

Yes I'm going to Ketaloco tonight, looking forward to seeing the re-furb of the upstairs room at KerbCrawler, oh and yes can't wait for Magda on Sunday and then Koze/Wighnomy brothers at Mint.

tdmusic wrote:Here's an absolutely awesome Richie Hawtin mix from John Peel's show in 2004. Can't remember if I've already sent you this one Jim, if not it's a wee rasper! Only an hour long.

Stream: https://www.mixriot.com/content/richie-hawtin-jp-2004-03-10
    Download: http://www.mpiii.com/dl_view-17175.html (requires registration, but so very worth it!)

It's just awesome... sounds like it was in between his "proper" techno and minimal (m_nus style) techno phases (which, looking back on it, was probably his strongest period), so has a bit of both, but none of the bleepy stuff that later came to define his sound. It's from the days when he used Final Scratch together with his Ctrl:92 mixer and a Cycloops, so the mixing is quite raw sounding compared to his Traktor stuff - and I'd say better for it (and that's coming from a huge Traktor fan). Lots of that fun looping-delay-pitched-up-and-down effect too Wink And Audion's Kisses comes in at about 30 minutes, and is just amazing.

Suffice to say, it's a good set Wink

Just downloaded now so will have a listen.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben on Fri May 01, 2009 9:44 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:Yes I'm going to Ketaloco tonight

All right Jim as you probally all ready know. Ketaloco are the dodgy Belgium crew. I am sure they copyied our home growen Leeds Lads KeToLoCo. Wink
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Ben Scottish wrote:

All right Jim as you probally all ready know. Ketaloco are the dodgy Belgium crew. I am sure they copyied our home growen Leeds Lads KeToLoCo. Wink
    Yes, you nitpicker you! Razz
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben on Fri May 01, 2009 9:56 pm

tdmusic wrote:Here's an absolutely awesome Richie Hawtin mix from John Peel's show in 2004. Can't remember if I've already sent you this one Jim, if not it's a wee rasper! Only an hour long.

Stream: https://www.mixriot.com/content/richie-hawtin-jp-2004-03-10
    Download: http://www.mpiii.com/dl_view-17175.html (requires registration, but so very worth it!)

I am so dissapointed. I have just tried to download this and have been informed that I need to sign up. No problem, Have signed up to find out that I need sme form of points to download. How do I by pass this or can you tell me how to get points. Rolling Eyes
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben on Fri May 01, 2009 9:57 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:
    Ben Scottish wrote:

Yes, you nitpicker you! Razz

Sorry Jim, was a bit of a nitpicking statment. Embarassed
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Ben Scottish wrote:I am so dissapointed. I have just tried to download this and have been informed that I need to sign up. No problem, Have signed up to find out that I need sme form of points to download. How do I by pass this or can you tell me how to get points. Rolling Eyes

Ah sorry about that Ben, should have mentioned this in the first post.

You have to get your initial points by filling out a few of the "personal info" bits - favourite music, DJs etc. This gets you 5 (I think?) points. You then use 1 point for every set you download, and gain points by either rating a set (which gets you 1 point back, so if you rate everything you download, you're sorted), commenting on a set (more points) or posting on the forum (I think?).

If you're stuck, Jim might be able to help as he's been using it longer than me. Good luck!
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 pm

tdmusic wrote:
    Ben Scottish wrote:I am so dissapointed. I have just tried to download this and have been informed that I need to sign up. No problem, Have signed up to find out that I need sme form of points to download. How do I by pass this or can you tell me how to get points. Rolling Eyes

Ah sorry about that Ben, should have mentioned this in the first post.

You have to get your initial points by filling out a few of the "personal info" bits - favourite music, DJs etc. This gets you 5 (I think?) points. You then use 1 point for every set you download, and gain points by either rating a set (which gets you 1 point back, so if you rate everything you download, you're sorted), commenting on a set (more points) or posting on the forum (I think?).

If you're stuck, Jim might be able to help as he's been using it longer than me. Good luck!

Yes, what Tom said, if you filled in the personal details you get 5 points. If you've skipped over that I think you can edit your profile, that should work but you may need for a moderator/admin to verify it? Cant remember.
    I think instead you can post a intro thread on the Forum board.
    you get more points for uploading mixes but cant link to any rapidshare etc, its got to be direct download stuff.
    but once you get your 5 points and you basically rate things you download (just a mark out of ten for audio quality and again for content quality) then you get your point back.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Fri May 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Just listened to that Richie mix from mpiii, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    It had a really strong beginning and ending of nice pretty fast banging techno, only criticism I'd give is that it goes a bit static half way through, feels like its not really going anywhere, but he pulls it back does t'lad. Some nice use of effects too.
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Fri May 01, 2009 11:48 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:Just listened to that Richie mix from mpiii, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    It had a really strong beginning and ending of nice pretty fast banging techno, only criticism I'd give is that it goes a bit static half way through, feels like its not really going anywhere, but he pulls it back does t'lad. Some nice use of effects too.

Yep, about 40 mins it is a bit static, but then it ends really nicely. I particularly like where all the applause comes in, then he plays that really spacey synth track. Probably my favourite Richie set I've heard (apart from DE9:Transitions)
    scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

Post  scarlet pimpernel on Sat May 02, 2009 12:22 am

love this thread nice 1 tom
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben on Sat May 02, 2009 12:49 am

Sherrers please could you make this a sticky thread.
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Sat May 02, 2009 1:40 am

Ben Scottish wrote:And here's another one that you might all ready have but starts off with a bang:

Justin Long @ Beatport tent, Movement 2008
    http://dotbleep.podOmatic.com

cheers bounce cheers

Hmm.. I like the Good Life start, but the rest of it's a bit bouncy/electro for my tastes. Sounds like the sort of thing which would be really good fun if you were actually there bouncing around to it though!
    FRENCHY
    FRENCHY
    very valued guest

Number of posts : 31

Post  FRENCHY on Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am

i just can't seem to stop listening to KERRIER DISTRICT no.1 on Rephlex- not a new one but gets played by me time & time again.... absolutely stunning album from the mega-talented luke vibert.... my perfect soundtrack to sundays/mondays (& sometimes tuesdays/wednesdays!).....
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Sat May 02, 2009 1:42 am

FRENCHY wrote:i just can't seem to stop listening to KERRIER DISTRICT no.1 on Rephlex- not a new one but gets played by me time & time again.... absolutely stunning album from the mega-talented luke vibert.... my perfect soundtrack to sundays/mondays (& sometimes tuesdays/wednesdays!).....
    your soundtrack of choice for your crackonathon so to speak?
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Sat May 02, 2009 1:51 am

FRENCHY wrote:i just can't seem to stop listening to KERRIER DISTRICT no.1 on Rephlex- not a new one but gets played by me time & time again.... absolutely stunning album from the mega-talented luke vibert.... my perfect soundtrack to sundays/mondays (& sometimes tuesdays/wednesdays!).....

No link to stream it? Sad You can't tease us like that!
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Sat May 02, 2009 2:00 am

Tom that Stephan Bodzin podcast you sent me link to
    megaupload.com S7Q5H9D5

Currently listening to it and liking it. First bit of it is very holden like, see what you mean about it being a bit trancey, but its not the pan-pipes kind, I like it. Very Happy
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog on Sat May 02, 2009 2:01 am

I don't understand ANY of this but Iike it!
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Sat May 02, 2009 2:04 am

jim_kezzle wrote:Tom that Stephan Bodzin podcast you sent me link to
    megaupload.com S7Q5H9D5

Currently listening to it and liking it. First bit of it is very holden like, see what you mean about it being a bit trancey, but its not the pan-pipes kind, I like it. Very Happy

Yeah... it's good stuff. Used to be very into Stephan Bodzin for a while, nice dark techy sound, but all his stuff sounds very similar, particularly in the palette of sounds he uses, so after a while I got a bit bored of it (through listening to it all the time!). But that set is great, it has some of his best stuff in it and is pretty well put together. I saw him do a live thing at Sankeys and it wasn't great... he was using a Jazzmutant Lemur controller, which is obviously cool as fuck and I want one, and had a camera over it so he projected the screen on the wall. Thing is, it wasn't very interesting to look at - just a load of sliders on the screen!

And he had this rather disturbing glowing.. rod.. device, that created sounds when he moved his hands up and down it. Needless to say, it looked like he was wanking off a massive, florescent cock on stage. Disturbing.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers on Sat May 02, 2009 2:07 am

tdmusic wrote:And he had this rather disturbing glowing.. rod.. device, that created sounds when he moved his hands up and down it. Needless to say, it looked like he was wanking off a massive, florescent cock on stage. Disturbing.

the evolution of the concept of "live" always ceases to amaze me Wink
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Sat May 02, 2009 2:10 am

tdmusic wrote:

And he had this rather disturbing glowing.. rod.. device, that created sounds when he moved his hands up and down it. Needless to say, it looked like he was wanking off a massive, florescent cock on stage. Disturbing.

fucking hell it sounds like a light sabre, didnt know he was a Jedi???? Shocked
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Sat May 02, 2009 2:19 am

Oh Tom, it has Some Polyphony by Petter, one of my fave tracks ever, fucking brilliant! excellant way to finish my afternoon at work! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otqx6qGHhPU
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Sat May 02, 2009 2:20 am

jim_kezzle wrote:Oh Tom, it has Some Polyphony by Petter, one of my fave tracks ever, fucking brilliant! excellant way to finish my afternoon at work! Very Happy

Yes mate, thought you'd like that! Kept it a secret so you'd get a nice surprise Wink Downloaded a few Petter tracks the other day to add to my 'record box' - full mix of Some Polyphony (of course), and "All Together", "Left Turned", "Tone Diary" and "Untight".. they're all good, a few I recognise as key tracks from Balance 005. I'll have to play you 'em sometime Smile
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle on Sat May 02, 2009 2:22 am

tdmusic wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:Oh Tom, it has Some Polyphony by Petter, one of my fave tracks ever, fucking brilliant! excellant way to finish my afternoon at work! Very Happy

Yes mate, thought you'd like that! Kept it a secret so you'd get a nice surprise Wink Downloaded a few Petter tracks the other day to add to my 'record box' - full mix of Some Polyphony (of course), and "All Together", "Left Turned", "Tone Diary" and "Untight".. they're all good, a few I recognise as key tracks from Balance 005. I'll have to play you 'em sometime Smile

haha, I knew you'd have kept it secret for a surprise, good news that you've got them tunes for more live sets back at yours after night outs! Very Happy
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic on Sat May 02, 2009 2:23 am

tdmusic wrote:Yes mate, thought you'd like that! Kept it a secret so you'd get a nice surprise Wink Downloaded a few Petter tracks the other day to add to my 'record box' - full mix of Some Polyphony (of course), and "All Together", "Left Turned", "Tone Diary" and "Untight".. they're all good, a few I recognise as key tracks from Balance 005. I'll have to play you 'em sometime Smile

Also downloaded this little beast Wink

Deadbeat - Grounation (Berghain Drum Jack)

http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic43/music/e3uTOD4n/deadbeat-grounation-berghain-drum-jack/
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy on Sat May 02, 2009 2:32 am

tdmusic wrote:just a load of sliders on the screen!

I spent the entire of his set checking that out to see how he was manipulating his sounds. Between him and Hawtin now twittering every song he plays, what will anoraks do for entertainment now? There's no point hanging around the booth...
    FRENCHY
    FRENCHY
    very valued guest

Number of posts : 31

Post  FRENCHY on Sat May 02, 2009 2:42 am

jim_kezzle wrote:
    your soundtrack of choice for your crackonathon so to speak?

sorry bout the lack of linkage! tried googling but no joy....

crackonathon mix has to be the new ibiza voice podcast by nima gorji

http://www.ibiza-voice.com/music/podcast/Nima_Gorji

love his productions and from the sounds of this he's properly on it as a dj also.....
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy on Sat May 02, 2009 6:11 am

FRENCHY wrote:i just can't seem to stop listening to KERRIER DISTRICT no.1 on Rephlex- not a new one but gets played by me & again.... absolutely stunning album from the mega-talented luke vibert.... my perfect soundtrack to sundays/mondays (& sometimes tuesdays/wednesdays!).....

Sweet album. Everything he's done's worth checking. Stacks of alter egos too. Saw him at WHP in December and he was amazing. Will be at the Fav at the end of May to see him again.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy on Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 pm

shAdy wrote:
    FRENCHY wrote:i just can't seem to stop listening to KERRIER DISTRICT no.1 on Rephlex- not a new one but gets played by me & again.... absolutely stunning album from the mega-talented luke vibert.... my perfect soundtrack to sundays/mondays (& sometimes tuesdays/wednesdays!).....

Sweet album. Everything he's done's worth checking. Stacks of alter egos too. Saw him at WHP in December and he was amazing. Will be at the Fav at the end of May to see him again.

Luke Vibert @ Sonar 2005

Check this mix out! Loads of mates heard this live and it's an absolute belter. Various of his alter egos pop up in this. Bits of Amen Andrews, Wagon Christ, Kerrier etc plus LFO & FSOL too. This is a wicked hour of music.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 am