VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+29
benwaa
hyperion
rolphus
Studio
mr.a
Welsh
crang
Son of Nod
Juanito
mundros
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Jnr DJ
shAdy
Bishop
Ye Olde Rog
Joe
tdmusic
scarlet pimpernel
jim_kezzle
Jonny Boy
bigdaddy
Ben
Fandango Widewheels
RvZ
Sherrers
T.B
wookie
Seeley
33 posters

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 10 Empty Re: FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE

Post  bigdaddy Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Token Bird wrote:if it does turns at right angles I have to say "alright".

It's the way he looks like he's done a bit of a poo frontward that did it, isn't it?
    mundros
    mundros
    wrong un

Number of posts : 84

Post  mundros Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 pm

I watched a great film last night called Johnny Mad Dog. Its the story of a group of child soldiers in an African country, very realistic in the way it was portrayed and acted by the kids. It goes from the 'recruiting' of some new kids, through the daily life of the soldiers, to the end of the war.

Some of the content was verified for me by my girlfriend's dad who works with some guys who were put through child warfare in Africa. The use of mind control being the main thing, drugs a close second. A very interesting and engaging watch, not a good post Saturday night flick if you are wondering!! Wink

Thoroughly recommend it.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:35 am

The new Star Trek film is thoroughly excellent!
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:45 am

I watched Paranormal Activity on Saturday night (I fully expect a gag to come from that). Pretty good film. Takes a while to get going though, I think it may have something to do with suspense...
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:54 am

Recommends that everyone should watch the film "UP". Cracking movie. In-fact this is the best cartoon I think have ever seen. Full of happy and sad moments A movie for all.
    Juanito
    Juanito
    wrong un

Number of posts : 62

Post  Juanito Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:33 am

tim i need to know the new movies with intelligence why do you stop with this? I like this conversation the best

and i like boring one jajaja
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:20 am

Juanito wrote:tim i need to know the new movies with intelligence why do you stop with this? I like this conversation the best

yes Sherrers you have been very lax with the film reports!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:50 am

Token Bird wrote:
    Juanito wrote:tim i need to know the new movies with intelligence why do you stop with this? I like this conversation the best

yes Sherrers you have been very lax with the film reports!

yeah sorry I have just been neck deep in things with the Band. Not just before and during but getting the film and audio of it has been harder work than starting it up!

Plus i am too skint to buy DVDs right now.

I can still discuss old films?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 am

you can always use this website

www.arb-e.com

to watch films
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 am

I can tell you 3 films I can't watch.

Betty Blue
    A.I (artificial intelligence)
    Jacob's Ladder

*shudders*
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 am

weird!

why?
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 am

Sherrers wrote:I can tell you 3 films I can't watch.

Betty Blue
    Jacob's Ladder

*shudders*

A.I. - Got about fifteen minutes into it. Stopped watching.
    Jacob's Ladder - I watched this on acid - I wouldn't make this mistake twice.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Personal reasons a bit like Ady's.

Not cos they are bad films, there is no end of shite out there... it's just they are just too close for comfort.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm

There are very few films that I found disturbing when I watched them for the first time.

Event Horizon and Jacobs Ladder are probably the two I found the most disurbing.

They become less and less the more I watch them, but I have to be in the right frame of mind.

Requiem for a Dream is one I watched recently. I watched this on my own in bit of a worn out state with the inability to sleep on a come down. Not something I recommend anyone to do.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:04 am

Old film, love it though 'The Hitcher'.....watched it Sunday night.

Thoroughly recommend it to all! Don't pick up strangers!!

Be told!

FILM REVIEWS WITH DAVE CLARKE - Page 10 Rutger-hauer-as-the-hitcher
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:05 am

Ben wrote:Recommends that everyone should watch the film "UP". Cracking movie. In-fact this is the best cartoon I think have ever seen. Full of happy and sad moments A movie for all.

Oh yesh...and with the 3D glasses it's the dog's!
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 am

jim_kezzle wrote:

Event Horizon and Jacobs Ladder are probably the two I found the most disurbing.

Super movies...
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:25 am

Son of Nod wrote:
    Ben wrote:Recommends that everyone should watch the film "UP". Cracking movie. In-fact this is the best cartoon I think have ever seen. Full of happy and sad moments A movie for all.

it's a great movie, but you don't need the 3d glasses to make it better, the 2d version is exactly the same story but with less shit coming out of the screen
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 am

wookie wrote:
    Son of Nod wrote:

it's a great movie, but you don't need the 3d glasses to make it better, the 2d version is exactly the same story but with less shit coming out of the screen

Indeed it is a great movie and in 2d works very very well, as all pixar films do, but the 3d just makes the experience more amazing. Shame not all 3d movies are like this.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 am

Betty Blue
    Jacob's Ladder

*shudders*

I've been wondering about these, all good films. What's your problem you big jessie!?
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:05 am

Al wrote:

Betty Blue
    Jacob's Ladder

*shudders*

I've been wondering about these, all good films. What's your problem you big jessie!?

AI is my version of a chick film. I completely couldn't take it when that poor robot got left behind at the beginning. The only film in my adult life I've found harder to deal with was the end of Brokeback Mountain.

Oh, and the bit in Xtro where the woman gives birth to an alien complete with blood everywhere and the mother strangled with the umbilical cord, but I'm a complete lightweight with gory horror films.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:47 am

Al wrote:

Betty Blue
    Jacob's Ladder

*shudders*

Betty Blue : keys right into my experience with mad women, not "a bit difficult" but proper insane.

A.I : like Grant I can't handle the little lonely robot. It sends me in bits.

Jacobs Ladder : The director has had LSD, he knows the buttons to press. Too much.

on the plus side, the final series of The Shield is exemplary! truly excellent.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:49 am

I got very upset in Brokeback mountain when he smells the shirt. And I'm straight. Apparently Embarassed
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:42 pm

I love Jacobs Ladders
    Proper Freaky Film
    I saw it the first time one late night with my dad when I was a teenager, went to bed well disturbed that night.
    Always stuck with me.

Another film like that is Event Horizon. chilling sci-fi horror!

the two films are totally different but each are the same to me in disturbanceness
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:22 am

Sherrers wrote:I got very upset in Brokeback mountain when he smells the shirt. And I'm straight. Apparently Embarassed

I saw that film on my own for a reason.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:52 am

films i've seen recently

the dark knight - awesome film, even better then batman begins

wall e - great film

transformers 2 - pile of utter steaming horse shit, michael bay needs shooting out of a cannon into a brick wall pronto, take that fuck face

G.I Joe rise of cobra - not bad actually, not much in the way of plot, doesn't tax your brain to watch it, and sienna miller looks hot in black hair
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:53 am

wookie wrote:

transformers 2 - pile of utter steaming horse shit, michael bay needs shooting out of a cannon into a brick wall pronto, take that fuck face

killer robots! what's wrong with you lad?!

Inglorious Bastarerds made me angry! I was all excited and it is rubbish.

However I am loving the Jesus of Nazareth with Robert Powell epic. I love Jesus. He is ace.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 am

Sherrers wrote:Inglorious Bastarerds made me angry! I was all excited and it is rubbish.

I disagree.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 am

yeah but by default you freely admit jesus is ace.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Sherrers wrote:yeah but by default you freely admit jesus is fictional.

I suppose...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 am