VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+24
Rentaghost
Rrriot Guurl
mr.a
Ye Olde Rog
Matt Long
midgetgem
Studio
crang
Welsh
Ben
scarlet pimpernel
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
Fandango Widewheels
bigdaddy
Sherrers
RvZ
elrusto
wookie
shAdy
Bishop
Broadhead
T.B
Son of Nod
28 posters

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

crang
    crang
    vvw

Number of posts : 687

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.  - Page 25 Empty Re: Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

Post  crang Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 am

Friday-Pay day,stayed in,boring/unheard of

Saturday-Took mum out for her birthday,she needs a new stair lift:(,after met the disorderly one for a pint of Guinness,went home early watched Steven hawkings universe about aliens,fell asleep

Sunday-worked overtime,fed the seagulls down the harbour,had pizza for tea,got forced to watch x factor,actually had a row about it,sulked,watched hamburger hill

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:32 pm

crang wrote:Friday-Pay day,stayed in,boring/unheard of

Saturday-Took mum out for her birthday,she needs a new stair lift:(,after met the disorderly one for a pint of Guinness,went home early watched Steven hawkings universe about aliens,fell asleep

Sunday-worked overtime,fed the seagulls down the harbour,had pizza for tea,got forced to watch x factor,actually had a row about it,sulked,watched hamburger hill

Family life eh? Where do you live then if you have a harbour? Sounds very pleasant. I'd like to live by the saside but I don't think it would do anything for the paint job on my car.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 pm

MarkD77 wrote:

Family life eh? Where do you live then if you have a harbour? Sounds very pleasant. I'd like to live by the saside but I don't think it would do anything for the paint job on my car.

dont worry mate, i can always come out with a spray can and re-do it
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

prentaghast wrote:My weekend is going to be dull I think. Just watching the mighty Leeds on the box tonight at the pub and then nothing planned for the rest of it. It was meant to be dull last week too though but ended up a bit of a mad one. Especially when I bumped into Broadhead and then we somehow ended up in Kerbcrawlers! The highlight was Broadheads tales though. He told me that a bloke was leaving his work and as a leaving present they brought him 2 ducks called cheese & quackers! He already had 2 ducks he couldn't get rid of so they got him 2 more. He also told me a bloke he works with ended up being in A&E at the weekend after being bitten by child up Miggy. Last of all he told me about Agadoos, the new place to be seen in Batley. It's a fun pub business venture between Les Battersby & a bloke who used to be in Black Lace. Incredible really. I thought he might have shared these tales with the forum but I see he hasn't so thought I would. It's always better from the horses though........

he very clearly went off us recently and hasn't been the same since. I demand to know why!
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:55 am

wookie wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:

dont worry mate, i can always come out with a spray can and re-do it

How could you possibly recreate such a masterpiece? You could never get the nob to look like that again.
    crang
    crang
    vvw

Post  crang Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 am

MarkD77 wrote:

Portsmouth sunny
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 am

I've been down to Portsmouth a couple of times. Was lucky enough to go round the naval docks once. Went on HMS Invincible for a look around, and saw one of our nuclear subs in dry dock. Pretty impressive.
    crang
    crang
    vvw

Post  crang Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 am

I used to work in the dockyard,we could go on whatever ships we liked,i also used to go fishing during my dinner breaks

Those were the days Smile sunny

I dodge trains for a living now Sad
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am

Should have been getting pissed with the Blyth massive on Friday night but the CMD wasn't too well so we had to knock it on the head. I managed to entertain myself for the night.

Saturday watched 500 days of summer and the Hangover (see Barry Norman film thread).

Sunday packed for SA then decided I couldn't be arsed going for 5 days so phoned my boss and told him I would be working from home. Sweet as a nut!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:56 am

Spent entire weekend in computer hell.

It's like Tron. But shit.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 am

MarkD77 wrote:I've been down to Portsmouth a couple of times. Was lucky enough to go round the naval docks once.

I've spent an annoying amount of time in Portsmouth, but never been that lucky. Oh well.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 am

bigdaddy wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:I've been down to Portsmouth a couple of times. Was lucky enough to go round the naval docks once.

I've spent an annoying amount of time in Portsmouth, but never been that lucky. Oh well.

Hel... oh... goodbye sailor Very Happy
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 am

bigdaddy wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Another good weekend has been and gone.

Got royally splattered on friday

Watched the cricket saturday and drank cheap beer at the cricket club, few more beers in the red rat then over to the golf club in the next village, before passing out at my mates and being awoken by mrs bish and her rowdy mates at 3 in the morning as they got home.

Sunday - Felt like death.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Well what do you know, its the weekend again.

Tonight, I will be mainly trying to stay out of the pub.

Tomorrow - Curtain shopping, cant wait, watch abit of golf at my mates, 30th birthday party in the Red Tart, try and behave. cheers cheers

Sunday - Feel like death.
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Number of posts : 240

Post  Rentaghost Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Tonight I shall be getting slightly merry in some sort of drinking establishment as my sister and her husband are taking me out for some birthday drinks. I hope they bring lots of money!! Tomorrow is a blank canvas as the real shenanigans are going to be down Detatched next weekend so I'm really celebrating a week late.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Tonight - cousins 21st birthday party in Bratfud. Horror show.

Rest of the weekend, no idea.

ROCK N ROLL!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 am

i'm off to paul woolford and carl craig at the o2 tonight
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 am

wookie wrote:i'm off to paul woolford and carl craig at the o2 tonight

That looks very good.
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm

I can't believe it was so dead (from what Wookie has told me) - they didn't even open the main room of the O2, just the club underneath.

Basics on the other hand, was absolutely rammed the night after, with a seemingly non-existent guest list. So every man and their dog was paying £20 to get in. And Zabiela was absolutely shit.

Beero must be well happy !!!
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Yeah. He doesn't have to fork out a kings ransome to fix the funktion one.

I fucking hate novelty child acts who turn up with stupid gadgets instead of records.

Totally blew one of our amp stacks. Everyone is thinking 'ooh that's quite cool cos it was probably dead loud and rock and roll'?

No. It's because DJ Overpaid Child Labour or whoever he is plugged an iPad into our system bypassing the safeties thinking he was clever. He isn't. He's a very naughty boy.

We had 850, which is very good.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:Yeah. He doesn't have to fork out a kings ransome to fix the funktion one.

I fucking hate novelty child acts who turn up with stupid gadgets instead of records.

Totally blew one of our amp stacks. Everyone is thinking 'ooh that's quite cool cos it was probably dead loud and rock and roll'?

No. It's because DJ Overpaid Child Labour or whoever he is plugged an iPad into our system bypassing the safeties thinking he was clever. He isn't. He's a very naughty boy.

Shocked
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Well i fucked up my plans of staying in on friday. Went out and get very drunk.

Saturday - Shopping for curtains, they look nice even if I do say so myself. Went for a nice long walk only to be truned back half way due to an angry escapee horse blocking my only route through. Stubborn mule. Headed to the pub.

My mates 30th turned into and all nighter. Finally managed to get dozy and Will out of my house yesterday around 2pm. The trip to the shop at 11 was terrible.

Mrs Bish owes the birthday boy a new cake after she planted me in the face with it. The full fucking lot. Tit.

Feel very fresh today though which is suprising.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:Yeah. He doesn't have to fork out a kings ransome to fix the funktion one.

hahahahaha! is that James Zabiela? priceless! Laughing
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 am

I find it to believe that zabiela blew the amp, the soundsystem was sounding weird when burnski and buckley was on

maybe it was down to the new mixer in the booth?

Highlights of this weekend include:

wooly, especially his remix of lil louis french kiss
    steve bug the best dj i've seen this year by far
    the crack on after mint/basics
    meeting loads of ace new people
    going to high five on sunday, seeing wideface and other local celebrities
    wideface's mate trying to power a telly solely through the power of his arse crack

low points:

the soundsystem in the the underground and bar in the o2 can only be described as fucking rats
    carl craig, i was not impressed at all, he was wearing 3d glasses looked like he'd just been to watch avatar
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 am

Bishop wrote:Saturday - Shopping for curtains, they look nice even if I do say so myself. Went for a nice long walk only to be truned back half way due to an angry escapee horse blocking my only route through. Stubborn mule. Headed to the pub.
    Total gridlock in Blyth!! Shocked
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 am

Rog, I'd have the little fucker kneecapped. I fell out wih JZ and his fucking toys years ago. I do not get the appeal of him as a DJ and never will.

Wookie, nice to hear Steve Bug was on form. He is a great DJ.

This weekend was a very quiet one from me but normal service will be resumed next weekend. Anyone off to Basics for a bit of Lazarus?
    Matt Long
    Matt Long
    w

Number of posts : 131

Post  Matt Long Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 am

Friday-Stayed in recoring from a week in Ibiza

SaturdaySunday/today-Up like a jack-in-a-box and ready for Basics,had lunch and dinner in Leeds then hit a few bars before Basics. Jmes Zabiela dissapointed me a little but Buckley and Burnski smashed it. Stayed in the middle room for the afterparty untill 8.30am to find the "Shade wearing steroid fuelled,fake tan using,vest wearing crew waiting for back2mine. After that ended up cracking on at someones house before a horrendous taxi journey to ilkley. When i got home i fell asleep untill this afternoon,to find a blue/green liquid coming out of my nose! Shocked
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:04 am

I dont get this anti technology stance people seem to have

what does it matter what a dj uses, as long as the music sounds good, isnt that the main point?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:45 am

wookie wrote:I dont get this anti technology stance people seem to have

what does it matter what a dj uses, as long as the music sounds good, isnt that the main point?

Don't have a problem with technology, I love a bit of Hawtin. James Zabiela on the other hand is a sack of hairy nuts.

crang
    crang
    vvw

Post  crang Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 am

I,ve met him a couple of times and seemed a nice lad too me

And he's from Southampton!

It's illegal for folk from Pompey to enter the place ya know

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:54 am