VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+24
Rentaghost
Rrriot Guurl
mr.a
Ye Olde Rog
Matt Long
midgetgem
Studio
crang
Welsh
Ben
scarlet pimpernel
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
Fandango Widewheels
bigdaddy
Sherrers
RvZ
elrusto
wookie
shAdy
Bishop
Broadhead
T.B
Son of Nod
28 posters

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

crang
    crang
    vvw

Number of posts : 687

Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.  - Page 26 Empty Re: Larry Levan's Weekend Plans.

Post  crang Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 am

I,m with the wookie aswell on this technology thing!

If there playing great tunes,who cares what they use?
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree. It just happened that Zabiela was playing what I can only describe as beatless remixes of trance tunes. Awful.
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Number of posts : 240

Post  Rentaghost Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

elrusto wrote:I agree. It just happened that Zabiela was playing what I can only describe as beatless remixes of trance tunes. Awful.

That sounds gash. Good to hear everyone was on it this weekend. I'm stepping out of hibernation for a good old carry on at Detatched this sat. Looking forward to being back in a club.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 pm

elrusto wrote:I agree. It just happened that Zabiela was playing what I can only describe as beatless remixes of trance tunes. Awful.
    Exactly the same as the last set I heard him play. His status as a DJ confuses me.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 am

Rentaghost wrote:

That sounds gash. Good to hear everyone was on it this weekend. I'm stepping out of hibernation for a good old carry on at Detatched this sat. Looking forward to being back in a club.

It does indeed sound gash. I don't have a problem with the technology provided the music is good. But if a song is worth listening to then i want to listen to it, not have someone manipulate it to breaking point. I've never been a fan so none of this surprises me really.

As for the weekend, i'm with Rentaghost at Detatched, naturally. Any guesty etc send me a PM and i'll stick you down.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:41 am

I'm sorry it always tickles me when Broadhead does the thing about his night. Laughing

Does anyone from the forum go? Not being a bad person, genuine question.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:47 am

Nope. Never Laughing

Jim comes and brings a few down so he can send me a list of names on here as it's easier that way. And Stu obviously.

I'd be a bit shit if i didn't tell anyone about it wouldn't i? It wouldnt be the busiest.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 am

Broadhead wrote:
    Rentaghost wrote:

It does indeed sound gash. I don't have a problem with the technology provided the music is good. But if a song is worth listening to then i want to listen to it, not have someone manipulate it to breaking point. I've never been a fan so none of this surprises me really.

As for the weekend, i'm with Rentaghost at Detatched, naturally. Any guesty etc send me a PM and i'll stick you down.

How did the do on Sunday night go? Did it last well into Monay?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 am

It was really good. Some great music played. And some proper shite but i expected that from the start.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:30 am

Broadhead wrote:It was really good. Some great music played. And some proper shite but i expected that from the start.

Can't have everything Wink I like the concept though. Someone used to run a night in Sheffield called 7x7. Basically they invited people along to play their favourite 7, 7 inch singles. Once saw Andy Weatherall do it in a back room, he played some storming tracks. Obviously there was no requirement to mix them. Just old school disco style.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:57 am

He's doing it in Manchester very soon. He's playing whatever he wants and only has one turntable. I'd love to go to that, i imagine he has one of the best record collections out there.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 am

Broadhead wrote:He's doing it in Manchester very soon. He's playing whatever he wants and only has one turntable. I'd love to go to that, i imagine he has one of the best record collections out there.

I'd love to see that. Do you know where it is?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:13 am

Its at the Elektriks bar in Manc, a week on sunday, 7 'til 12. Free in too. Shame i can't make it to that.

On the plus side there is a more than strong chance that i am going to Manchester next Wednesday to see easily my favourite recording artist of the past few years and all round Hip Hop legend MF Doom.

Buzzing.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Broadhead wrote:Nope. Never Laughing

Jim comes and brings a few down so he can send me a list of names on here as it's easier that way. And Stu obviously.

I'd be a bit shit if i didn't tell anyone about it wouldn't i? It wouldnt be the busiest.

One day we are going to shock you and all pile up there.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Al wrote:

In 'we love Broadhead' t shirts. You never know, we might already be planning it.....
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Post  Rentaghost Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 pm

MarkD77 wrote:
    Al wrote:

In 'we love Broadhead' t shirts. You never know, we might already be planning it.....

The "we love" range is currently out of stock. Can still get a mugs & sweatbands though. I wonder if Weatherall's 1 deck set will be as good as our 1 deck set at Casa Broadheads when Evie got a bit of paper stuck in the cdj?
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

Post  Son of Nod Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 pm

This weekend I will mostly be drinking, and maybe venture to Liverpool.... Smile
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:51 am

Rentaghost wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:
    Al wrote:

The "we love" range is currently out of stock. Can still get a mugs & sweatbands though. I wonder if Weatherall's 1 deck set will be as good as our 1 deck set at Casa Broadheads when Evie got a bit of paper stuck in the cdj?

These have now sold out too.

I doubt that could ever be matched Stu. A one off. Hopefully anyway.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 am

I love you funny little northerns.

I imagine you like little drunk elves.

You make me laugh every day. I love you
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 am

Token Bird wrote:I love you funny little northerns.

I imagine you like little drunk elves.

You make me laugh every day. I love you

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I havent been drunk since sunday. Very Happy I may change that tonight though as the weekend kind of starts now.

Tonight - Charity race night in the local watering hole for a very very good cause, in memory of my best mates sister in law who passed away suddenly from cancer a couple of weeks ago.

Thursday - Mrs Bish off to see Groove Armada, I will be perched at the end of the bar listening to Mad Eye bang on about how much she knows and how little I know.

Friday - Alton Towers with a rabble.

Saturday - Quiet night in.

Sunday - Christening for my best mates little one in Methley then a meal at salute.

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:16 am

Oh you really will be in my neck of the woods Bish.

A little too close for comfort.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:18 am

Broadhead wrote:Oh you really will be in my neck of the woods Bish.

A little too close for comfort.

Hahahahaha. Dont venture out mate, just incase you bump into us. You wont want that ruining your sunday.
    elrusto
    elrusto
    vw

Number of posts : 364

Post  elrusto Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Thursday - went to see Groove Armada live @ O2 Academy... best gig I've been to in ages Shocked then ended up in Distrikt for a bit of Moodymanc, who was really good as well

Friday - day off + hangover of death = fuck all

Saturday - work, then fuck all

Sunday - went for a walk round the park as the weaqther was so lovely sunny then went for a curry with a mate who's over from Dubai. Bring your own booze on a Sunday = danger!

Relatively chilled weekend, but I still managed to spend a small fortune on nice food Sad
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:09 pm

friday - played xbox, slept

sat- watched telly, played xbox, slept

sun - watched telly, played xbox, went the shop, slept

not exciting

but just what i needed, feeling fresh and ready for friday at the warehouse project
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Elrusto - Mrs Bish went to Groove Armada and said it was great.

Friday - Had a great trip to Alton Towers, cant a bad cold doing the log flume topless though.

Saturday - Few drinks in the local and early night

Sunday - mates christening, then early night.

No drunken behaviour this weekend. Feel fresh as a daisy. Very Happy
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Post  Rentaghost Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 am

I've actually something to report this weekend is the 1st in a while.

Fri - Womanising
    Sat - Detatched. Ace night and my mate Oli's album launch party. I even dj'd back to back with Broadhead for a while playing much acid goodness. All rooms seems to be going off when I had a wonder about.
    Sun - Sleeping and chilling.

Looking forward to this weekend too with an away day up to Middlesbrough planned. Come on Leeds!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 am

Rentaghost wrote:I've actually something to report this weekend is the 1st in a while.

Fri - Womanising
    Sat - Detatched. Ace night and my mate Oli's album launch party. I even dj'd back to back with Broadhead for a while playing much acid goodness. All rooms seems to be going off when I had a wonder about.

Looking forward to this weekend too with an away day up to Middlesbrough planned. Come on Leeds!

probably one of the most non-descript grounds ever, a souless pit of despair

while your up there, get a parmo
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Post  Rentaghost Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 am

wookie wrote:
    Rentaghost wrote:I've actually something to report this weekend is the 1st in a while.

Fri - Womanising

probably one of the most non-descript grounds ever, a souless pit of despair

while your up there, get a parmo

I've never been to the Riverside but it does look like it's been built from Meccano, much like most of the new English grounds popping up. 4500 away fans should liven it up and I think they should pack in a few for this game. I've been hearing about parmos. What exactly are they?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:18 am

bask in the glory that is a parmo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo

dont listen to some of the souths on here, with their "it looks disgusting" etc

its takeaway food from the heavens.
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Post  Rentaghost Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:23 am

Looks like fine cuisine to me Wookie. I right fancy a parmo hotshot after reading that! The cockney mob can stick to their jellied eels & pie n mash.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:46 am