VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+6
Rrriot Guurl
RvZ
Rentaghost
Andrella
wookie
Fandango Widewheels
10 posters

Now this is really taking the piss...

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Now this is really taking the piss... - Page 2 Empty Re: Now this is really taking the piss...

Post  Broadhead Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 am

In fairness we do let them usually. Bless 'em.

*runs for the hills*
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Now this is really taking the piss... - Page 2 Empty Re: Now this is really taking the piss...

Post  RvZ Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Broadhead wrote:In fairness we do let them usually. Bless 'em.

*runs for the hills*
    \

For the benefit of Andrea I'll translate.

All the (straight) men on here are petrified of the wrath of TB and RG. And rightly so.

Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Al wrote:

*runs for the hills*
    \

All the (straight) men on here are petrified of the wrath of TB and RG. And rightly so.

Very Happy

We all know ladies are the superior sex. I'm still shit scared of my mum. I daren't even tell her I got done for speeding. She'd go crackers.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Al wrote:

*runs for the hills*
    \

Very Happy

I'm terrified of them as well (and I bet Atti is too). Don't try to leave us standing alone while you lot run away.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 am

It's a tough and lonely job but it really needs doing.

Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Token Bird wrote:It's a tough and lonely job but it really needs doing.

Very Happy

And you love it!
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:33 pm

If you've ever been on ANY 'house music' related forum you'd know how lucky we are.

I salute our sisters.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Sherrers wrote:If you've ever been on ANY 'house music' related forum you'd know how lucky we are.

I salute our sisters.

I think this forum is probably the most 'un-house' of the 'house music' related forums. There are no egos here (apart from yours and Rog's of course) and that helps a lot.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:47 pm

It was the point from day one to be honest.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Sherrers wrote:It was the point from day one to be honest.

It's amazing that you actually got the people in your head to follow your manifesto. Maybe you're not that mad after all. At least it's not complete anarchy in there.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:22 pm

I wouldn't have it any other way.

He did 'recruit' myself and TB with the purpose of being the secret police on here to that purpose to be fair. I was found to be a milksop under fire while she was promoted for her bravery Embarassed
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Number of posts : 240

Post  Rentaghost Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 pm

I don't think I've been involved in one music related discussion yet. The topics on offer though are always amusing enough to keep coming back.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:52 pm

the closest we get to a musical conversation

is broadhead posting up who's playing at detatched

and me saying that they'd rip my ears off most times
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:48 am

wookie wrote:the closest we get to a musical conversation

is broadhead posting up who's playing at detatched

and me saying that they'd rip my ears off most times

3rd birthday coming up soon by the way Wink
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 am

who's playing?

dj smash your knackers in?

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:04 am

He's on the month after.

Me & Rentaghost are playing. Thats all you need to know.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:14 am

Broadhead wrote:He's on the month after.

Me & Rentaghost are playing. Thats all you need to know.

what date is it?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 am

9th of October.

Same night everyone will be at the Circo Loco party at Basics. Grr!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:21 am

i'm staying in that weekend sorry
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:24 am

prentaghast wrote:I don't think I've been involved in one music related discussion yet. The topics on offer though are always amusing enough to keep coming back.

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.

Every fucker has an opinion. It's either good or bad in your own view... and everything else is internet.

I'd rather have a laugh.

But if anyone wants to I'll step up anytime. Obscure theme tunes, Jazz funk and obscure 70's and 80's pop records are my forte. And music theory and production. I like that. Sound design in films fascinates me.

Dance music is my life.... but by nature it's disposable.

I have a jones for Frank Zappa and The Smiths also. David Bowie and Roxy Music too.

At a push I can harp on about Washington Go Go and Tom Waits also.

Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:25 am

Broadhead wrote:9th of October.

I won't. I'll be a quadra spangled mess in Helsinki for Antti's birthday.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 pm

I don't think the wig and shutter shade brigade that will be at Basics would have been up for DJ 'pull my fingernails out' anyway so you should be okay.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Sherrers wrote:
    prentaghast wrote:I don't think I've been involved in one music related discussion yet. The topics on offer though are always amusing enough to keep coming back.

Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.

Every fucker has an opinion. It's either good or bad in your own view... and everything else is internet.

I'd rather have a laugh.

But if anyone wants to I'll step up anytime. Obscure theme tunes, Jazz funk and obscure 70's and 80's pop records are my forte. And music theory and production. I like that. Sound design in films fascinates me.

Dance music is my life.... but by nature it's disposable.

I have a jones for Frank Zappa and The Smiths also. David Bowie and Roxy Music too.

At a push I can harp on about Washington Go Go and Tom Waits also.

Wink

You were pissed last night weren't you?

The forum is what it is. We lost quite a few young techno enthusiasts and such because we aren't entirely about music.

The options are these.

Encourage the gene in single white male children that forces them to try control their world by micro managing obscurities to make them look in charge of something. Open it wide to relentless self promotion to kids who just want want want and see acid house as a competition not a feeling. The forum would be chokka. It would be no different from the others. i.e bloody horrible.

Say 'it is what it is' and grow about as fast a glacier but be populated by people of quality (ahem-hem) who don't take themselves too seriously.

There may be a Tony Blair-y '3rd way'. Any ideas?

Wink

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself Al.

If you look at the so called 'dedicated' music forums they are all pissing contests. I do useme of these to pick up on what's going on from time to time, but not with the involvement I have here.

I think it's just fine as it is. Of course a few more members would be a benefit, but I not at the expense of the current bonhomie.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm sure with the assorted brain trust we have here we could cobble together a few more....?

Although to my memory quite a few have brought on one mate who have 'taken'.

The internet is not my forte but I've got some time for a couple of weeks...
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 am

Sherrers wrote:

I won't. I'll be a quadra spangled mess in Helsinki for Antti's birthday.

Roooooooaaaaaaaaadtrip. CMD is gutted you're not playing somewhere warm.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:49 am

Al wrote:I'm sure with the assorted brain trust we have here we could cobble together a few more....?

I have considered a third way. It's eluded me so far.

VVWI gets literally hundreds of demos (which I can't reply to) so I thought of directing them here but they'd be all young producers after something. It's worth a try if we get a few who are alright and the rest won't last....

It's a lot of work trawling through them all.... worth it?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:54 am

Sherrers wrote:
    Al wrote:I'm sure with the assorted brain trust we have here we could cobble together a few more....?

I have considered a third way. It's eluded me so far.

VVWI gets literally hundreds of demos (which I can't reply to) so I thought of directing them here but they'd be all young producers after something. It's worth a try if we get a few who are alright and the rest won't last....

It's a lot of work trawling through them all.... worth it?

Open up a thread, direct them there. They can then choose if they want to get involved, and we can choose if we want to listen to their musings or not.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 am

Might be worth a try if you can be bothered...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am