VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+11
Bishop
jim_kezzle
bigdaddy
Son of Nod
Jnr DJ
Fandango Widewheels
T.B
Rrriot Guurl
Broadhead
Sherrers
wookie
15 posters

20 years of back to basics

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

20 years of back to basics - Page 3 Empty Re: 20 years of back to basics

Post  Broadhead Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 am

I was quite amused at bumping in to Mark just as Terrence Parker 'Your Love' was playing. "I've heard it now!"
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 am

Broadhead wrote:I was quite amused at bumping in to Mark just as Terrence Parker 'Your Love' was playing. "I've heard it now!"

Hahahaha, remember that clearly.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:46 pm

And word is they are now leaving Stinky's.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 pm

yeah just read that

i wonder where its gonna go?
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 am

I heard to the warehouse?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:And word is they are now leaving Stinky's.

Where the devil did you hear this nugget of information? I'd be surprised if that was the case to be honest. I did hear rumours that they might knock being a weekly night on the head though.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:05 am

its on facebook mate, plus i'd heard rumblings at the weekend that they could be leaving

if its goes to the warehouse, then it wont be weekly, as they have filth and other nights there.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 am

this is the post from facebook

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

After 5 amazing years at Stinkys Peephouse and the best party we could ever have thrown at the club, we feel it's the perfect time to move on to pastures new. You guys are the best punters in the world so we only feel it's right we give you the best! We'll be making a full announcement later today, but we are not open this Saturday, but will still be holding our events with Jamie Jones, Laura Jones and our NYE party with Subb-an and Adam Shelton! Thanks to you all for your loyal support and don't worry, the next step will not disappoint! Long Live Basics! x
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:10 am

Ah, i see. You leave facebook and some gossip appears. Typical.

It doesn't affect me in anyway so i couldn't care less.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:21 am

Broadhead wrote:Ah, i see. You leave facebook and some gossip appears. Typical.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're interested really Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:

I'm interested in the gossipy side of things and the reasons behind the decision etc, but where they will go next has no bearing on my life whatsoever.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:34 am

Broadhead wrote:

I'm interested in the gossipy side of things and the reasons behind the decision etc, but where they will go next has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Snap.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:19 am

i'm a bit slow and it's not my region but maybe that's why we've not heard much from his lordship?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 am

Maybe. Although Basics moving might actually make his life easier.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:06 am

Lets hope it goes well for them. After all, the grass isn't always greener. Rehab anyone?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:11 am

Broadhead wrote:Lets hope it goes well for them. After all, the grass isn't always greener. Rehab anyone?

Just what I was thinking. I thought Stinky's was a good venue. Shame it looks like they can't keep up the weekly. It's Fabric's crown for the taking now Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:24 am

Broadhead wrote:Lets hope it goes well for them. After all, the grass isn't always greener. Rehab anyone?

Just what I was thinking. I thought Stinky's was a good venue. Shame it looks like they can't keep up the weekly. It's Fabric's crown for the taking now Wink

It's a good little venue. Could do with a bit of work like but these things cost money. I am sure there will be a few vultures circling for the free Saturday nights. I would love if a proper techno night moved down there.........if you catch my drift.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 am

isnt rehab called mezz now? that place does need some work

plus if basics does move back into the city centre, i think more people would go
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 am

Broadhead wrote:

It's a good little venue. Could do with a bit of work like but these things cost money. I am sure there will be a few vultures circling for the free Saturday nights. I would love if a proper techno night moved down there.........if you catch my drift.

Future Past at Stinkys?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:58 am

Broadhead wrote:

Future Past at Stinkys?

If only mate.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:04 am

here's the latest about the venue change

Back To Basics Plans for Xmas and 2012 - end of our world as you know it

Dear family Basics. By now, we're sure you all know that in typical Back to Basics style we decided that, after one of the best parties that we have seen in years, now is the time to go. This is not something that has been done without thought nor was it a spur of the moment decision. But whilst everybody was raving it up on... Saturday night, there was a lot of conflict between ourselves and the venue which was just not acceptable after everything we've done for them. We're proud to say, we achieved what we were asked to do, and put a little unknown club on the world stage and we can't say we haven't enjoyed ourselves, because we have but Now there is nothing more we can do there and it is time to create something new and exciting, move on to pastures new.

We know some of you will be disappointed as you have got attached to Stinkys, but this has happened every time Basics has moved, people are never sure until they see what we create. You know what Basics is all about and it's integral that it sticks to it's original idea's and keeps its integrity. Dave once said, he'd never run a party he didn't want to go to himself and so due to the club not moving with the times, this makes it the perfect time for Basics to do the shift into 2012.
    We are in negotiations with several venues as to what will be our new home in 2012, watch this space!

Until we find our new permanent home for 2012 we'll be throwing our parties at THE LOFT, which we will be completely transforming, bringing in amazing production and a funktion one soundsystem to totally transform the environment like you've never seen before!
    The Jamie Jones Party will be using the whole venue due to the size of the event so those of you worried about over crowding can put your minds at ease. We The loft it the perfect venue for this party. So make suer you get out there and get your ticket for basics re-birth. These 3 parties at the loft will turn into the stuff of legends, don't be one of the one's who can't say "I was there" for these 3 special parties.

You know how much you all mean to us, and like Dave's always said in his interviews, it's all about the people.

So thank you again for your love, support and sheer mentalness on the dancefloor.

Keep the faith, we wont let you down and we'll bring you something new, exciting and worthy of our world class crowd, at a cool party space worthy of the name Back To Basics.

The futures bright, the future's basics!
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:09 am

It's time to call it a day. Not that they will.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:36 am

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Maybe. Although Basics moving might actually make his life easier.

life? don't talk to me about life.

(with apologies to marvin the paranoid android)
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Broadhead wrote:It's time to call it a day. Not that they will.

Why is it always the fault of the venues? I see a trend here Wink

Would have shown more class to walk away without having to point the finger at the nenue.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

we are an awesome nenue. as nenues go we are so ace we are bordering on the nainglorious.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 pm

wookie wrote:here's the latest about the venue change

Dear family Basics. By now, we're sure you all know that in typical Back to Basics style we decided that, after one of the best parties that we have seen in years, now is the time to go. This is not something that has been done without thought nor was it a spur of the moment decision. But whilst everybody was raving it up on... Saturday night, there was a lot of conflict between ourselves and the venue which was just not acceptable after everything we've done for them. We're proud to say, we achieved what we were asked to do, and put a little unknown club on the world stage and we can't say we haven't enjoyed ourselves, because we have but Now there is nothing more we can do there and it is time to create something new and exciting, move on to pastures new.

We know some of you will be disappointed as you have got attached to Stinkys, but this has happened every time Basics has moved, people are never sure until they see what we create. You know what Basics is all about and it's integral that it sticks to it's original idea's and keeps its integrity. Dave once said, he'd never run a party he didn't want to go to himself and so due to the club not moving with the times, this makes it the perfect time for Basics to do the shift into 2012.
    We are in negotiations with several venues as to what will be our new home in 2012, watch this space!

Until we find our new permanent home for 2012 we'll be throwing our parties at THE LOFT, which we will be completely transforming, bringing in amazing production and a funktion one soundsystem to totally transform the environment like you've never seen before!
    The Jamie Jones Party will be using the whole venue due to the size of the event so those of you worried about over crowding can put your minds at ease. We The loft it the perfect venue for this party. So make suer you get out there and get your ticket for basics re-birth. These 3 parties at the loft will turn into the stuff of legends, don't be one of the one's who can't say "I was there" for these 3 special parties.

You know how much you all mean to us, and like Dave's always said in his interviews, it's all about the people.

So thank you again for your love, support and sheer mentalness on the dancefloor.

Keep the faith, we wont let you down and we'll bring you something new, exciting and worthy of our world class crowd, at a cool party space worthy of the name Back To Basics.

like I say it's not my region but that drivel is real kindergarten shit. written by a retard.

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:we are an awesome nenue. as nenues go we are so ace we are bordering on the nainglorious.

It's all about the nenues this year. Venues are so 2010 Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:we are an awesome nenue. as nenues go we are so ace we are bordering on the nainglorious.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

*stitches*
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Token Bird wrote:
    wookie wrote:here's the latest about the venue change

like I say it's not my region but that drivel is real kindergarten shit. written by a retard.

i'd say "ill informed and bitter".
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am

I'd say ; who gives a fuck?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 pm