VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+12
bigdaddy
T.B
Bishop
wookie
Ben
scarlet pimpernel
Fandango Widewheels
Ye Olde Rog
RvZ
Sherrers
Jonny Boy
foz
16 posters

DISTRIKT BAR

foz
    foz
    very valued guest

Number of posts : 30

DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Empty Re: DISTRIKT BAR

Post  foz Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 am

MarkD77 wrote:This is me being completely honest, and not a dig.

Half of those DJ's I can see at Distrikt or any other Leeds bar for free.

Etienne de Crecy, not bad but only playing an hour?

Paul Woolford, mainstream tripe.

DD was far better when it was at Northern Light. Maybe it's because you're now at the Academy, but it looks like you've lost your imagination.

HANDBAGS!

and i'll be completely honest OBVIOUSLY DD was far better at NL, there will never be another place like it and if i had a quid for everytime someone said how much they loved DD at the northern light i'd be a rich man, and i wish i could bring it back but the place is nothing like it used to be inside and its surrounded by flats.......this gig is a one off at the academy, mainly cos theres no other venue in Leeds to fit that show on a stage, Etiennes show is a live show that lasts an hour, personally i like Wooly a lot, you may not, so thats fair enough, theres a million house and techno nights in Leeds now, and to be honest a lot of them are half empty as all the clubbers have been so spread out in events over the month so picking Wooly as a support was to help make this event pull a crowd in, which fair enough you might find unimaginative, but then over the last 3 months we brought Moodymann and Dyed Soundorom for there first gigs in Leeds, obvioulsy Derrick Carter, Plumps, Mathew Jonson and Lee Van Dowski, i might have lost my hair but i aint lost the plot yet.

and as for our residents, there our residents!!?? course you can see them round Leeds, like every other resident from every other night in Leeds, its a bit of a silly statement,.. thats kind of how it works init?? i think there sets at Distrikt will be slightly different to tomorrow night, its a complete different crack
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 am

i guess foz asked for it spamming like but i think you should be nicer to foz mark, as i for one think the board would be a better place with him on it.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 am

Sorry, I'll go back to Faith bashing. It would seem that is acceptable Wink
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 am

mate faith are a rotten bunch and something many of us have a common experience of.

all i know about Dirty Disco is tim praises it a lot to me and it's a night in leeds. no disrespect but hardly a national issue. I hope foz will stay.

i think it's more gracious for all parties to avoid the slightly common activity of forums which is to argue

let's drink a goblet of mead to peace in the kingdom of leeds
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 am

MarkD77 wrote:Sorry, I'll go back to Faith bashing. It would seem that is acceptable Wink

Ooooooh!

DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Handba11
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 am

foz wrote:

DD was far better when it was at Northern Light. Maybe it's because you're now at the Academy, but it looks like you've lost your imagination.

HANDBAGS!

and i'll be completely honest OBVIOUSLY DD was far better at NL, there will never be another place like it and if i had a quid for everytime someone said how much they loved DD at the northern light i'd be a rich man, and i wish i could bring it back but the place is nothing like it used to be inside and its surrounded by flats.......this gig is a one off at the academy, mainly cos theres no other venue in Leeds to fit that show on a stage, Etiennes show is a live show that lasts an hour, personally i like Wooly a lot, you may not, so thats fair enough, theres a million house and techno nights in Leeds now, and to be honest a lot of them are half empty as all the clubbers have been so spread out in events over the month so picking Wooly as a support was to help make this event pull a crowd in, which fair enough you might find unimaginative, but then over the last 3 months we brought Moodymann and Dyed Soundorom for there first gigs in Leeds, obvioulsy Derrick Carter, Plumps, Mathew Jonson and Lee Van Dowski, i might have lost my hair but i aint lost the plot yet.

and as for our residents, there our residents!!?? course you can see them round Leeds, like every other resident from every other night in Leeds, its a bit of a silly statement,.. thats kind of how it works init?? i think there sets at Distrikt will be slightly different to tomorrow night, its a complete different crack

Come off it, hardly handbags.

Point taken on Etienne De Crecy.

I still say Woolford is a poor booking. It's only just over a month since he last played in Leeds.

The problem with having ressies playing DD and every other bar/versus night in Leeds is you can very quickly reach saturation. It's great to support local talent but it can also get tiring hearing the same DJ's bashing it out everywhere you go.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 am

Al wrote:mate faith are a rotten bunch and something many of us have a common experience of.

all i know about Dirty Disco is tim praises it a lot to me and it's a night in leeds. no disrespect but hardly a national issue. I hope foz will stay.

i think it's more gracious for all parties to avoid the slightly common activity of forums which is to argue

I would prefer to call it healthy debate, but if it's not wanted, I'll cease and desist.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 am

Token Bird wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:Sorry, I'll go back to Faith bashing. It would seem that is acceptable Wink

Ooooooh!

DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Handba11

I'm more of a Chloe girl Wink
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 am

I respect DD's commitment to their residents. It's a thing that is to be praised.

*salutes*
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 am

I never questioned it. I'm all up for a club that sticks by their residents. Basics is probably one of the best examples of this and one of the reasons they've lasted so long.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:21 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    Al wrote:mate faith are a rotten bunch and something many of us have a common experience of.

I would prefer to call it healthy debate, but if it's not wanted, I'll cease and desist.

I think it is ok to have a debate but perhaps not direct to the person on a public forum.

Just being a bit old fashioned.

I mean, the internet is all about anonymous bashing when people's backs are turned isn't it?

Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:23 am

Fair do's.

P.S. If anyone would like to direct any criticsim towards myself in public, feel free. It's the masochist in me Wink
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:24 am

MarkD77 wrote:I never questioned it. I'm all up for a club that sticks by their residents. Basics is probably one of the best examples of this and one of the reasons they've lasted so long.

I can't honestly say booking them once in a full moon and paying them in peanuts and magic beans could be called a 'commitment'

Very Happy

I would say however that I would raise a glass to the residents themselves for putting up with it and their commitment cannot be faulted.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:24 am

i've had some ace nights at dd

and to book wooly twice in two months is hardly a sin

considering he used to be resident at basics, where he would of played at least one a month, and no-one would bat an eye-lid at that
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:24 am

Jonny Boy wrote:
    MarkD77 wrote:I never questioned it. I'm all up for a club that sticks by their residents. Basics is probably one of the best examples of this and one of the reasons they've lasted so long.

I can't honestly say booking them once in a full moon and paying them in peanuts and magic beans could be called a 'commitment'

Very Happy

I would say however that I would raise a glass to the residents themselves for putting up with it and their commitment cannot be faulted.

I get this comment, I was talking more historically.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 am

Let's end this debate here then.

DD was and is the bollocks.

Paul Woolford can play Leeds twice in a month without issue.

I'm a gobby shit.

Much Love.

P.S. Please stay Foz. I promise to be nice.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 am

Sherrers wrote:I mean, the internet is all about anonymous bashing when people's backs are turned isn't it?

Very Happy

I know!

I can't fucking believe PARKY is doing an advert for gimmer insurance!

Parky! what happened?!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 am

Al wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:I mean, the internet is all about anonymous bashing when people's backs are turned isn't it?

Very Happy

I know!

Parky! what happened?!

he got old

plus they gave him a free pen, for just making the enquiry about the advert
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:29 am

Al wrote:

Very Happy

I know!

Parky! what happened?!

I KNOOOOW!

He is using his naughty twinkle to sell shit to old ladies!

I always knew he was a fucking dark one that Parkinson.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 am

MarkD77 wrote:Let's end this debate here then.

I'm a gobby shit.

Much Love.

I like the cut of your jib.

Stout fellow.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 am

Token Bird wrote:I KNOOOOW!

He is using his naughty twinkle to sell shit to old ladies!

I always knew he was a fucking dark one that Parkinson.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    foz
    foz
    very valued guest

Post  foz Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:31 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    foz wrote:

HANDBAGS!

Come off it, hardly handbags.

Point taken on Etienne De Crecy.

I still say Woolford is a poor booking. It's only just over a month since he last played in Leeds.

The problem with having ressies playing DD and every other bar/versus night in Leeds is you can very quickly reach saturation. It's great to support local talent but it can also get tiring hearing the same DJ's bashing it out everywhere you go.

Come on mate, the handbags was a joke, i'm a bigger boy than that.

Do you actually trawl all the bars of Leeds all week that much and hear these DJs so much your that sick of hearing them?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 am

foz wrote:Come on mate, the handbags was a joke, i'm a bigger boy than that.

Do you actually trawl all the bars of Leeds all week that much and hear these DJs so much your that sick of hearing them?

You can leave it now Foz he very manfully printed a full retraction.
    foz
    foz
    very valued guest

Post  foz Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 am

I'm a gobby shit.

Much Love.

I love you, what you doing valentines day?

It was hardly an argument people!........ you can say what you want! freedom of speech and all that? If you don't hear about what people don't like about your night you can't make it better can you
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 am

Very diplomatic Foz. Nice.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

Post  Ben Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 am

foz wrote:

I'm a gobby shit.

Much Love.

I love you, what you doing valentines day?

It was hardly an argument people!........ you can say what you want! freedom of speech and all that? If you don't hear about what people don't like about your night you can't make it better can you

Personally Foz, I'm gutted to be missing tomorrow night. I think it is going to go down a storm. Proper carnage an all. Ettienne De Crecy looks shit hot in there video. I'm pretty sure I would be tripping my bollocks of to that shit. Paul Woolford smashed it after Jeff Mills. Was well good to see him in Leeds again. Matt Cooper always plays a solid set. All in all I reckon it will take a few days after this party for the news to reach me on how good it was. I wish you all the best . DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Icon_cheers DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Icon_bounce DISTRIKT BAR - Page 3 Icon_cheers

bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:45 am

foz wrote:I love you, what you doing valentines day?

Whatever TB tells us to do. It's her night, after all!
    mundros
    mundros
    wrong un

Number of posts : 84

Post  mundros Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:46 am

Ben wrote:
    Personally Foz, I'm gutted to be missing tomorrow night. I think it is going to go down a storm. Proper carnage an all. Ettienne De Crecy looks shit hot in there video. I'm pretty sure I would be tripping my bollocks of to that shit. Paul Woolford smashed it after Jeff Mills. Was well good to see him in Leeds again. Matt Cooper always plays a solid set. All in all I reckon it will take a few days after this party for the news to reach me on how good it was. I wish you all the best

I'll be there to say bye to Leeds...if anyone else is there come wave at me (or gurn, whichever is easiest!) Smile
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:25 am

more tearful farewells than Bambi this one Sad

Very Happy
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:39 am

Oh I don't think I can take any more of this regional excitement. It's like watching an omnibus of Calendar Very Happy

I liked it more when it was quiet and we grumbled lightly about Gardening...

Sleep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content