VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+14
Bishop
Rrriot Guurl
Jnr DJ
Broadhead
shAdy
PW
scarlet pimpernel
T.B
Ye Olde Rog
RvZ
Jonny Boy
Sherrers
wookie
Ben
18 posters

VVWI Leeds

Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Number of posts : 752

VVWI Leeds Empty VVWI Leeds

Post  Ben Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:55 pm

All right Tim, was wondering when you are next throwing a party in Leeds?? I have not managed to get to any down south. Plus missed the night @ Kerbcrawler. Also whats the chance of you playing @ Basics with Mr C again?? Anyways both myself and my woman want to attend a VVWI night. It has been far to long. Wink
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

VVWI Leeds Empty Re: VVWI Leeds

Post  wookie Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 pm

i can answer this one, as i asked the same question

shall we say there was a disagreement with basics, so there wont be a night there,

as for a night in leeds, i think theres too much club politics involved

best bet is the one at matter just before christmas
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 pm

I think I obviously know to little. I remember what happened at No Tossers. That was such a shame. Was not sure if that had been brushed under the carpet or not. With regards to the club politics I'm unsure what you mean here. Sounds a little bit dotty!! scratch
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Basically it is impossible to deal with anyone in leeds. I've tried and failed to make it happen and i won't send good money after bad.

sorry.

No disrespect (I can't disrespect it as it's my home town) but it's just not important enough to lose sleep over. Come join us in London, Ibiza or Berlin... where everyone is beautiful, drinks are overpriced and nobody talks to you Very Happy

What would you do Ben? spend months trying to talk sense into Basics, (who over 7 gigs in a row never paid me or we had to fight just to cover expenses, or in one case I paid THEM to play) or try play ball with Asylum/Technique who would rather chew their own arms off than work with someone from their home town... I can't even remember them recently booking an english DJ even. Forget Foz and Stu, I love them but they have their own agenda and haven't approached me for anything that benefits VVWI since I first worked with them. Basically apart from Ibiza I've never known a place more rife with gossip, lies, competition and imagined rivalry and if it was say London... which is harder... I make it happen in London because it's important and it pays back. So would you rather get involved with all that... or work with Matter/Fabric? who are so professional they call me with things before I think of them? no contest. Why spunk over ten grand in My House's direction when I can spend that in the studio? It's a no brainer if you were in my shoes.

I lost too much money with No Tossers and Basics and finally with Mint to ever come back to Leeds mate. And believe me... there are enough people who are extremely happy about that to make totally sure I won't bother.

I think that pretty much exhausts the options for Leeds.

I've never said a peep in public or indeed much in private about what happened with Basics. In my view enough people were there to witness it themselves. And I will remain schtum on it. The fact that since then people who claim to have been there have been lying and spreading gossip and even the people who were there have joined in has let me down big time. It was made a much bigger thing by big mouths than it was. Too big to fix thanks to flapping lips that sink ships. Basics isn't the issue.... it's the decline of Leeds as a club city in general that is the reason I have crossed it off the list.

Ironically if I wanted a flagship for VVWI it would be in Leeds. I had Loooong chats with 'nation of shopkeepers' but in the end I support their decision to be indie and alternative.

I hope that helps explain mate.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:42 pm

I know personally you are gutted about leeds timmy but that does make you sound a bit high horse about it all.

sorry.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:48 pm

dunno Jonny it seems fairly restrained to me considering. The bottom line is VVWI is in a position to choose not to. If that's being on a high horse then so be it.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I've been right in the middle of it all and I was there. Tim has been a perfect gent about it all and that is more than I can say for other parties. I'm referring to the Leeds gossip engine.

I for one love going on a jaunt out of Leeds to the VVWI spectaculars. It's a wee holiday.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03 am

A.
    I couldn't help but notice that when you went back up north and started your Gallery we didn't see any VVWI records from you for ages or much of you period.

B.
    When it all went pear shaped suddenly we saw you playing everywhere and putting out loads of tunes (and not just your own)

C.
    I was banned from the Basics forum for merely discussing the events not mentioned. I didn't even talk about the "incident" (I was 300 miles away and asleep) I was discussing the fact that Tim had single handedly and very generously re-booted and re-vitalised the basics forum. And was banned for it! That suggests a guilty conscience if ever i suspected one.

D.
    With one or two keystrokes Tim could have destroyed their fourm. He didn't even post anything. We just started this one. I can't help but notice it is all going rather well.

conclusion?

Getting out of leeds was the best thing that could have happened for VVWI. Sorry Leeds! love you but you get what you support. People came from all over the country to the Mint event but no one from Leeds bothered.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:07 am

Kerbcrawler?

I couldn't help but notice the basics forum has tailed off somewhat. co-incidence?

I personally thought it very cheeky that not only did they keep the work and threads (and posts) that tim made, they conducted the Huggy interview (about 2 paragraphs) which was also tim's idea... or seemed to be.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:09 am

aw put the handbags away you set of jessies!

now!

on the floor!
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:41 am

Sherrers wrote:or try play ball with Asylum/Technique who would rather chew their own arms off than work with someone from their home town... I can't even remember them recently booking an english DJ even.

Cl*ve Hen*y ??

Very Happy Very Happy

that's ironic really isn't it?

I've met him and he's a deeply unpleasant person. Considering your history with him I wouldn't be surprised if it was a condition of his working with them that they never work with you. He's bitched about you to me and I'm not even a promoter or personage of importance in Leeds.

Sorry if the politics of the North bore you TB but I for one would like to see VVWI back in Leeds.

I've memory serves me didn't they even have a facebook page with 500 signatories asking for it to come back?

where were all that lot at the Mint gig?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 am

Kerbcrawler needs to heavily re-invest in itself before it is a proper venue.

None of the people I mention owe me a living Jonny. I was just answering Ben's question.

I'm not owed anything. I just think it's a bit over crowded with competing events and under populated with punters for Leeds to be viable at present.
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:54 am

Jonny Boy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:or try play ball with Asylum/Technique who would rather chew their own arms off than work with someone from their home town... I can't even remember them recently booking an english DJ even.

Cl*ve Hen*y ??

Very Happy Very Happy

that's ironic really isn't it?

I've met him and he's a deeply unpleasant person. Considering your history with him I wouldn't be surprised if it was a condition of his working with them that they never work with you. He's bitched about you to me and I'm not even a promoter or personage of importance in Leeds.

Sorry if the politics of the North bore you TB but I for one would like to see VVWI back in Leeds.

I've memory serves me didn't they even have a facebook page with 500 signatories asking for it to come back?

where were all that lot at the Mint gig?

he is a bit of a twat to be sure. Henry I mean.

Fair enough Jonny Boy. what i was alluding to was I am pretty sure the idea of the VVWI forum is to be a bit different from the bitching nerd arenas of other house music forums.

Sorry.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah its about mundaness, obliqueness and poetry
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:19 am

I concur with my interstellar amigo above!

Jonny Boy wrote: I'm not even a promoter or personage of importance in Leeds.

you are to us lad Very Happy
    scarlet pimpernel
    scarlet pimpernel
    vvw

Number of posts : 649

Post  scarlet pimpernel Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 am

wot is v ironic is The Fav parties (and mint) tries really hard to be ibiza and Dc10 but tim is the only dj from leeds who has played there! wot is up with that then?
    PW
    PW
    wrong un

Number of posts : 65

Post  PW Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:39 am

is Clive Henry a twat?
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Token Bird wrote:the idea of the VVWI forum is to be a bit different from the bitching nerd arenas of other house music forums.

Good point TB. We should arrange forum drinks and have a damn good bitch there instead! Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Drinks? Did someone say drinks?

I could murder a pint right now. Something cold and 5%. Excellent. Shame i'm sat at work until 5.

I'm gonna visit Rhythm & Booze on the way home and get stocked up.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:25 pm

yeah another forum drink up would be good
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:29 am

PW wrote:is Clive Henry a twat?

I've found him a bit dim, but not unpleasant.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:33 am

Token Bird wrote:

might be cos you are a lady. I found him (as you say) a bit thick and extremely rude and aloof. I don't think you can be aloof if you are stupid. They don't go together.

Plus he wears sunglasses when he DJs. which is the sign of a true nobhead.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:43 am

Token Bird wrote:

like 90% of Djs then.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am

stop it please.

not on this forum.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

Post  Jnr DJ Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:58 am

Sorry Tim. Considering your history I am amazed at your attitude.

Boy is a wrong un. Up himself, rude and thick as pigshit.
    Rrriot Guurl
    Rrriot Guurl
    vvw

Number of posts : 685

Post  Rrriot Guurl Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 am

Anyway fuck that moron.

What the fuck is up with fucking Leeds?
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 am

Rrriot Guurl wrote:Anyway fuck that moron.

What the fuck is up with fucking Leeds?

quite!

what she said.
    Ben
    Ben
    vvwi

Post  Ben Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Ayup Tim, did not realise plus did not mean to cause any bother. I can see where you're coming from, but as a clubber don't think about all the underlining politics. I have always had a great night out in Leeds. Unless I get to battered and have to go home, but genuinely I have always thought that I have been really lucky to what has been on offer. I just think its a great shame that all this has come about with VVWI. I have always had a right good laugh at your partys. Some of the best times were when you held the after party @ Northern Light. Do you remember that time they brought the Bouncy castle inside the club...... Carnage. Its such a shame that you no longer hold parties like this in Leeds, they were great. As was mentioned earlier, I think Kerbcrawler is a good space. I can see why you think they might need a some work doing to it. But I've been to some shit hot KeToLoCo party's there. Come on Tim, reckon you should give it another shot.

Peace in the middle East.

Wink Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Sherrers wrote: i won't send good money after bad.

sorry.

I hope that helps explain mate.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:03 am

As an outside observer it seems that in conclusion (and correct me if I'm wrong) that :

Tim is fed up with Leeds.

Leeds is not the clubbing town it used to be

Tim tried to have a last pop at it and not only did leeds let him down quite a few boarders on here did.

Clive Henry isn't very nice.

anything further?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm