VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+7
Ye Olde Rog
Broadhead
RvZ
Jonny Boy
T.B
Sherrers
Jnr DJ
11 posters

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already

Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1080

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Empty apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already

Post  Jnr DJ Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 pm

I didn't even know it started!

I went to your link for Richard Seeley on Drowned in Sound and they were already bitching about being bored of bongos or some shit.

Christ it makes you depressed the people involved in our scene.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Empty Re: apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already

Post  Sherrers Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Mate I get constantly accused of bangwagoneering and shit and all I do is play house music and it's all I've done for over 20 years.

Ignore it.

These plankton don't even realise that most of these tunes put out were made nearly a year previously.

You can trace it. The Germans get lauded... they don't give a shit about British bitching.... Djs like Luciano and Ricardo (who are basically latino) play house music but it's ok because they are cool. Other producers copy them and the whole ship steers back towards a more 'house' sound.... give it enough time and people start to bitch about it. The same people who were hanging off the cocks of the DJs who started it in the first place. It would be funny if it was.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Empty Re: apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already

Post  T.B Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Blimey!

You've only been on here a day Jnr and you've got timmy to talk about music Shocked

hats off!

Very Happy
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm

I couldn't agree more. It amazes me! you get people like the Faith Nazis moaning constantly that things aren't "House" and when it moves towards a more traditional house vibe they complain. Unbelievable.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:42 pm

haha! it's what the internet is for! armchair critics. got to love the predictability!

I think that is why we started this forum.... to avoid such petty pigeon hole antics.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 am

Any mention of Luciano and i find myself getting a bit irked. I've never really heard him play, and i can't say i'm that bothered if i ever do. I'm sure he's a ruddy nice chap and all that, but my problem is more with the tag alongs and dimwits who claim he is doing something different to what has gone before.

Like Tim said, he plays house, people have been doing it for years before the moustached-Chilean, and will do so for years to come, long after he's gone to visit Ron Hardy at the Music Box in the sky.

In fact, i've probably been dj-ing as long as him, though with slightly less adulation. Only slightly mind.

Anyway, that was a pointless tangent. Soz folks!
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 am

I've owned and run music venues since the 1970's and I've seen it all come and go. If it's made by computers with a 4/4 beat it's house music to me. Believe me I have to listen to it whether I like it or not Very Happy

I have to back up young timmy, he's nothing if not consistent and funnily enough... still working all over the place Wink

and he had a mustache first Wink
    Joe
    Joe
    wrong un

Number of posts : 55

Post  Joe Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:53 am

Jnr DJ wrote:I didn't even know it started!

I went to your link for Richard Seeley on Drowned in Sound and they were already bitching about being bored of bongos or some shit.

I wouldn't worry about it. You will always get the haters.

Things do move in circles though, and much quiicker these days it seems. And lets not forget we are currently being swamped with too many half baked house releases that sound like bad Drop Music b sides from 1998. Much the same way we had to endure pots and pans laptop techno after the 'minimal' explosion a few years back. (I'm looking at you Beatport)...

House will never die, you just gotta know where to go to get the good stuff. Wink
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:57 am

it makes me angry. confused and angry!
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 am

Joe wrote:

Things do move in circles though, and much quiicker these days it seems. And lets not forget we are currently being swamped with too many half baked house releases that sound like bad Drop Music b sides from 1998. Much the same way we had to endure pots and pans laptop techno after the 'minimal' explosion a few years back. (I'm looking at you Beatport)...

House will never die, you just gotta know where to go to get the good stuff. Wink

aha! Joe!

still enjoying your mix Sir!
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 am

Joe wrote:

isn't most genre music 90% rubbish and finding the good stuff our job?

meaning i am agreeing!
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am

Yeah i agree with that. It's a lovely feeling when you stumble across something not many others know about, though sadly those days are few and far between.

Damn you internet!
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:12 am

exactly, just like the northern soul dj's used to years ago

i read in dj magazine recently someone complaining as there was too much music about, and you cant find decent stuff anymore, unlike when record shops were about, who basically in his words acted like a filter and only stocked good records

i think he was a trance dj to boot as well, poor guy i hope the end comes quick for him
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 am

Death by Trance.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Post  Jnr DJ Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 am

Broadhead wrote:Death by Trance.

Laughing Laughing

more a sort of purgatory
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:19 am

wookie wrote:exactly, just like the northern soul dj's used to years ago

i read in dj magazine recently someone complaining as there was too much music about, and you cant find decent stuff anymore, unlike when record shops were about, who basically in his words acted like a filter and only stocked good records

i think he was a trance dj to boot as well, poor guy i hope the end comes quick for him

diddums.

at risk of sounding a cock, I solve that dilemma by just making my own records.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 am

Sherrers wrote:
    wookie wrote:exactly, just like the northern soul dj's used to years ago

diddums.

at risk of sounding a cock, I solve that dilemma by just making my own records.

hahaha

that does seem the logical answer

but its trance, so who gives a fuck
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 pm

wookie wrote:
    hahaha

gazillions and zillions of nobwarts and the dutch mainly.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Al wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    hahaha

and unfortunately some of my friends back home

i've tried converting them, but they wont have it
    T.B
    T.B

Post  T.B Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:28 pm

wookie is The Missionary.

Bringing proper house to trance heathens... or death!

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Missio10
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Laughing Laughing
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 am

i'm doing my bit to save their souls from eternal damnation
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 am

let them all BURN...

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Let_th10
    Seeley
    Seeley
    w

Number of posts : 116

Post  Seeley Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:07 am

If you can find my last post, and the date, the "revival" had come and gone by the time I've returned to write this!

My point is the "revival" is perpetual and the media highlight it as cool when the aforementioned are dropping those tracks.

Pah! apart from the Techno pigeon holing on 'Friggot' I still shudder at being put in minimal. It's house music!(but I do it my way) rant over Embarassed
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 am

wookie wrote:
    Al wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    hahaha

and unfortunately some of my friends back home

i've tried converting them, but they wont have it

Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrck me. welcome to my world. my mates taste in music is complete fecking tripe. Trance, bassline, happy hardcore and other variations of toss that make me wee in anger. I put Villain on at my mates house the other night and cleared the party in three seconds except for me and my mrs. I shit in my mates oven. Fuck em.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Post  RvZ Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 am

Bishop wrote:. I put Villain on at my mates house the other night and cleared the party in three seconds except for me and my mrs. I shit in my mates oven. Fuck em.

One for the testimonials there Big D.

Wink
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Post  Jonny Boy Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 am

ace!

"I quite like it" : Bushwacka

"I'm playing this one" : Judge Jules

"Another tour de force from VVWI" : DJ Mag

"I put Villain on at my mates house the other night and cleared the party in three seconds except for me and my mrs. I shit in my mates oven. Fuck em." : DJ Bishop
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 am

Jonny Boy wrote:ace!

"I quite like it" : Bushwacka

"I'm playing this one" : Judge Jules

"Another tour de force from VVWI" : DJ Mag

"I put Villain on at my mates house the other night and cleared the party in three seconds except for me and my mrs. I shit in my mates oven. Fuck em." : DJ Bishop

Sorry folks i obviously (or maybe not) meant to highlight my mates distinct lack of taste in music. Villain is ace. Very Happy But you all knew that anyway didnt you.
    Jnr DJ
    Jnr DJ
    vvwi

Post  Jnr DJ Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:56 am

Ye Olde Rog wrote:let them all BURN...

apparently the 'house revival' is now dead already Let_th10

can I have that for a party idea mate?

love it

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:19 am