VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+19
elrusto
scarlet pimpernel
Jonny Boy
Ben
Welsh
bigdaddy
crang
Bishop
RvZ
Ye Olde Rog
Jnr DJ
T.B
Son of Nod
tanit
jon carter
wookie
Fandango Widewheels
Sherrers
Broadhead
23 posters

Danny Rampling's Positive Mental Energy Thread

Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Danny Rampling's Positive Mental Energy Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Danny Rampling's Positive Mental Energy Thread

Post  Bishop Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Broadhead wrote:I massively have that Friday feeling, bring on the wine.

cheers cheers cheers

Our esteemed leader got to meet Insane Bolt last night and the Eastern European Gays.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Danny Rampling's Positive Mental Energy Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Danny Rampling's Positive Mental Energy Thread

Post  wookie Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:01 pm

wine?

wine?

you've gone fucking soft lad
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 pm

wookie wrote:

wine?

wine?

you've gone fucking soft lad

I'm absolutely broke, otherwise it would be 8 Red Stripe. I've won a few bottles at work so i shall be having those later.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Bishop wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

Our esteemed leader got to meet Insane Bolt last night and the Eastern European Gays.

She was just a blur.

Them two were well funny. The are such a gay couple.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Sherrers wrote:
    Bishop wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

She was just a blur.

Them two were well funny. The are such a gay couple.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh yes.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 am

One of the lawyers who I work with forgot to put his handbrake on this morning and his car has rolled into the car of another lawyer who i work with.

Oh the mirth. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

He is meant to be very smart good with cars.

Oh hahahahaha how I have laughed.

What a doylam, doylem, doylum. (spelling)
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

The updated Discogs website. Welcome to the 21st century cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 am

Day off work tomorrow and a trip to York races to see the mighty Frankel cheers cheers cheers
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Day off work tomorrow and a trip to York races to see the mighty Frankel cheers cheers cheers

Nice. Enjoy.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Ace day out at the races with the family yesterday.

Didn't bet on the first two races as we were drinking Pimms and eating burgers Very Happy

Spotted some great fash disasters, T.B you would have loved it. I tried to get pics but it was way too obvious with my massive lens (lens Daddy, LENS Wink )

Lost a tenner on the third race, won £20 on the fourth, £50 on the fifth and £55 on the sixth and got to see Frankel continue his amazing run of wins.

So, a class day out in the sun and came home £40 richer. Not enough to to retire unfortunately, but it's good to beat the bookie now and again. Saying that, I think he's still winning overall Evil or Very Mad
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Ace day out at the races with the family yesterday.

Didn't bet on the first two races as we were drinking Pimms and eating burgers Very Happy

Spotted some great fash disasters, T.B you would have loved it. I tried to get pics but it was way too obvious with my massive lens (lens Daddy, LENS Wink )

Lost a tenner on the third race, won £20 on the fourth, £50 on the fifth and £55 on the sixth and got to see Frankel continue his amazing run of wins.

So, a class day out in the sun and came home £40 richer. Not enough to to retire unfortunately, but it's good to beat the bookie now and again. Saying that, I think he's still winning overall Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like a great day.

Heard Frankel was class. Again. isnt that 13 out of 13.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Yep, 13 out of 13. Made the step up to 10 furlongs distance and destroyed two fantastic horses by 7 lengths. Now tempted to book to go and see his last ever race at Ascot in October.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Yep, 13 out of 13. Made the step up to 10 furlongs distance and destroyed two fantastic horses by 7 lengths. Now tempted to book to go and see his last ever race at Ascot in October.

Oooh now that sounds like a good trip.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Yep, 13 out of 13. Made the step up to 10 furlongs distance and destroyed two fantastic horses by 7 lengths. Now tempted to book to go and see his last ever race at Ascot in October.

for real?
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 pm

wookie wrote:

for real?

Which bit Spacebear?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:
    wookie wrote:

for real?

Which bit Spacebear?

That you want to spend time and money going to watch a creature with limited intelligence with a short irish man on its back whipping it to run in a straight line with others of it's ilk, while you stand around with assorted toffs.

You really are a tory.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 pm

wookie wrote:
    wookie wrote:

for real?

Which bit Spacebear?

That you want to spend time and money going to watch a creature with limited intelligence with a short irish man on its back whipping it to run in a straight line with others of it's ilk, while you stand around with assorted toffs.

You really are a tory.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You grumpy old spacebear. I take it you dont like the races?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Bishop wrote:
    wookie wrote:
    wookie wrote:

for real?

Which bit Spacebear?

You really are a tory.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You grumpy old spacebear. I take it you dont like the races?

i've never been to a proper races, i've been to point to point before

there ok, i wouldn't go out of my way to go to a race meeting
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Would you go and watch the 100m final at the Olympics?

Same difference.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Fandango Widewheels wrote:Would you go and watch the 100m final at the Olympics?

Same difference.

How is it the same?

Horses are designed through years of natural selection to fun fast, humans aren't were built for endurance, so for a Human to become a sprinter takes alot more than a Horse
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm with Wookie on this one. I used to live next to a race course and still couldn't be arsed going.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 pm

I am with Mark. Very Happy

Horses are selected and trained specifically to race the way they do.

Not every Horse can race, just like not every human can sprint. Both get specific training to run the way they do. Both equally as interesting in my opinion.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Asking a horse to race is pretty much like asking a human to swim.

Horses are pack animals and it is not in their nature to run against other horses. It takes serious training just to get a horse to run without it continually looking for it's mates, and slowing down to let them catch up.

Not all horses are bred for speed, and those that are all have different characteristics, hence the different kinds of races (sprints, milers, hurdlers, national hunt).

Once you do get a horse to race, and you figure out it's best distance, then you have to understand how the horse likes to run. Some horses are strong finishers, so the jockeys role is to hold the horse back until he feels it has the best chance of winning. Other horses like to lead from the front so they need encouragement to stay up there, and not hang about for the rest of the pack. Added to this, they don't speak English.

Training a race horse is a fascinating science. I had exactly the same view as you until we got involved in breeding/training/ownership.

Then, given all that there's the breeding programs that go on in order to try and produce successful race horses based on their lineage.

So, I can understand someone not being into the sport, but you can't say it's any less of a feat that training someone to run a hundred meters very fast. It just has its different challenges.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

what you own a horse as well?

are David Cameron and George Osborne's love child?

p.s. they're still dumb creatures that run fast and if they break their leg, it's thanks for winning me loads of money, but your legs fucked say hello to mr shotgun and the pedigree chum factory.

That's hardly sporting now is it?

Last edited by wookie on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Post  Bishop Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 pm

wookie wrote:what you own a horse as well?

ps there still dumb creatures that run fast.

Rolling Eyes there is no hope for this silly spacebear. Very Happy
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

wookie wrote:what you own a horse as well?

p.s. they're still dumb creatures that run fast and if they break their leg, it's thanks for winning me loads of money, but your legs fucked say hello to mr shotgun and the pedigree chum factory.

That's hardly sporting now is it?

We have shared ownership in a number of horses (broodmares, foals and horses in trainig). It's not a massive share, but it gives a bit of interest.

Any kind of horse has to be put down if they break a leg, not just race horses. You can't immobilise a horse's leg to allow it to heal. So you either have a horse hobbling round in excruciating pain, or you kill it.

They're far from dumb but you can think that if you want Smile

Last edited by Fandango Widewheels on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 pm

they're on level terms with cows in the dumb stakes
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

wookie wrote:they're on level terms with cows in the dumb stakes

Now you're just being daft cyclops

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 pm