VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+10
Rentaghost
Jonny Boy
T.B
Jnr DJ
Ye Olde Rog
bigdaddy
Sherrers
Fandango Widewheels
Rrriot Guurl
RvZ
14 posters

Mundane Weekend Reports

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Mundane Weekend Reports - Page 2 Empty Re: Mundane Weekend Reports

Post  Broadhead Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 am

I'm busy these days you know. Central heating is a cut and thrust occupation!

It was really good. Sandwell District stole the show for me, i thought Octave One were brilliant too. DJ Bone seemed to split opinions a bit, a few people thought he was really cheesy, i thought he was good. It was a very successful night though as i'm sure Stu and Kezzle will agree.

Next up, the Classics party.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Number of posts : 575

Post  jim_kezzle Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:05 am

Broadhead wrote:I'm busy these days you know. Central heating is a cut and thrust occupation!

It was really good. Sandwell District stole the show for me, i thought Octave One were brilliant too. DJ Bone seemed to split opinions a bit, a few people thought he was really cheesy, i thought he was good. It was a very successful night though as i'm sure Stu and Kezzle will agree.

Excellant summary from broadside

It was always going to be all about Sandwell District for me and they delivered.
    Octave One were good too, and I'm in the camp that thought DJ bone wasn't that good but as always at Detached/Extract top drawer music, great crowd and atmosphere, plenty of friends there and a good crack on afterwards for those that made it.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:41 pm

was it eye bleeding hard techno?
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

miss miss scott gave me an eyebleed
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Number of posts : 240

Post  Rentaghost Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:
    Broadhead wrote:I'm busy these days you know. Central heating is a cut and thrust occupation!

It was always going to be all about Sandwell District for me and they delivered.
    Octave One were good too, and I'm in the camp that thought DJ bone wasn't that good but as always at Detached/Extract top drawer music, great crowd and atmosphere, plenty of friends there and a good crack on afterwards for those that made it.

Sandwell District were great but much harder than I thought they would be. Very different from their RA podcast for example. Octave One started off steady and got better. They were really smashing it by the end. I only heard about 45 mins of Bone and thought he was good. Very handy on the decks but he was playing a few speeding up disco bits in amongst it all which isn't really to my taste.

Cracking night is Detatched in a top venue too. Made even better by the fact that it's only 5 miles from where I live on the 110 bus route.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm

prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

Sandwell District were great but much harder than I thought they would be. Very different from their RA podcast for example. Octave One started off steady and got better. They were really smashing it by the end. I only heard about 45 mins of Bone and thought he was good. Very handy on the decks but he was playing a few speeding up disco bits in amongst it all which isn't really to my taste.

Cracking night is Detatched in a top venue too. Made even better by the fact that it's only 5 miles from where I live on the 110 bus route.

Another bang on summary.
    Yes I agree Sandwell started off much harder than I expected but mellowed out a bit towards the middle and end. Still fucking good though! I in my absolute mess of state purchased an octave one dvd/cd thingy from the merchandise stall but cant find it, think it may be back at my mates.
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm

wookie wrote:was it eye bleeding hard techno?

I would say not.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 pm

prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

hahaha the 110, widefaces favourite mode of transport
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Post  wookie Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:38 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:

I would say not.

hmmmm

i'll try and get to one before the end of the year

i just dont want my ears ripped off though
    Rentaghost
    Rentaghost
    vw

Number of posts : 240

Post  Rentaghost Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:55 pm

jim_kezzle wrote:
    prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

Another bang on summary.
    Yes I agree Sandwell started off much harder than I expected but mellowed out a bit towards the middle and end. Still fucking good though! I in my absolute mess of state purchased an octave one dvd/cd thingy from the merchandise stall but cant find it, think it may be back at my mates.

Buy it again Jim! Is this cheaper thant what you paid?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Off-Grid-DVD-Octave-One/dp/B000J4PAMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1278589997&sr=1-4
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 pm

prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:
    prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

Another bang on summary.

Buy it again Jim! Is this cheaper thant what you paid?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Off-Grid-DVD-Octave-One/dp/B000J4PAMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1278589997&sr=1-4

haha, yes it is! Embarassed
    jim_kezzle
    jim_kezzle

Post  jim_kezzle Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 pm

wookie wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

I would say not.

hmmmm

i'll try and get to one before the end of the year

i just dont want my ears ripped off though

there is normally a selection of music across several rooms, some ear bleeding, some not, so you'll be alright.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 pm

There's an awesome night of techno at Sankeys this weekend. Ben Simms, DJ Bone and DJ Rush. You'd be bleeding from every orifice at the end of that one.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Post  Broadhead Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:17 am

wookie wrote:
    prentaghast wrote:
    jim_kezzle wrote:

hahaha the 110, widefaces favourite mode of transport

If i'm not meeting Stu in the Gardeners beforehand then i get the 444, thats only a minutes walk from my house.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 am

We SO missed a trick on the weekend...

"A penguin has been found wandering the streets of Dublin after she was stolen from the zoo in a suspected prank."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/10560178.stm

OK, so you snigger (I did). But think about the poor, poor little bird...

Mundane Weekend Reports - Page 2 3701081987_f52fec1092

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:25 am