VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+19
Welsh
tanit
Mac
Jnr DJ
jon carter
Tiny
elrusto
Son of Nod
crang
Bishop
T.B
Ye Olde Rog
Sherrers
RvZ
wookie
shAdy
bigdaddy
Fandango Widewheels
Broadhead
23 posters

Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?'

Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Number of posts : 3637

Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?' Empty Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?'

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:17 pm

What makes you think eh, What is the appeal? in other words, 'I just don't get it?'

Salad. A bizzarre food, probably invented by Hitler.

Oasis. The worst band ever, i hate everything they ever recorded.

Maths. This is because i'm thick i think, i panic at checkouts trying to work out if i have enough money on me.

Camping. I don't mind mincing about a bit, but sleeping in a tent is my idea of hell.

Heavy Metal. it's just a noise.

tracksuits. No one over the age of 14 should ever wear one, unless undertaking in physical activity (see below)

Physical activity. Unless it's sexy time, i just can't be bothered.

Twilight. I'm not a teenage girl, and vampires aren't real. Piss off.

I have many more, but that will do for now.
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?' Empty Re: Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?'

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Its suddenly dawned on me that this is effectively the same as the Room 101 thread. Ignore me, my works system is down and i'm bored.

I just don't get the point of this thread.

*hangs self*
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?' Empty Re: Broadhead says ; 'I just don't get it?'

Post  Fandango Widewheels Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:25 pm

I would say this is subtly different to the room 101 thread, so here's my two penneth:

1.) The Beatles. Never got 'em. Tried many times but just don't get the appeal.

2.) Dubstep. I love dnb but I can't get into the dubstep thing.

3.) Swimming. If god wanted me to be at one with water he would have given me gills and flippers.

4.) People who holiday in the same place every year. There's a whole world out there to explore. Expand your horizons!

5.) People who live in the same village as they were brought up in. See point 4 plus the fact that you're missing out on meeting loads of amazing people, some of whom might just change your life.

Last edited by MarkD77 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Yeah, it is different innit!

*loosens noose, steps down off chair*
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Broadhead wrote:Oasis. The worst band ever, i hate everything they ever recorded.

MarkD77 wrote:1.) The Beatles. Never got 'em. Tried many times but just don't get the appeal.

Oh no. You're both right. TORN. Can I not get both, or do I have to choose?
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:39 pm

It is your choice, if you want both, then you have both.

I don't mind the Beatles though.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Broadhead wrote:Its suddenly dawned on me that this is effectively the same as the Room 101 thread. Ignore me, my works system is down and i'm bored.

I just don't get the point of this thread.

*hangs self*

I was wondering if you were trying to get yourself to the top of the 'Topic starters' chart there Widey... Wink
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:56 pm

I won't be stopped in my assault to the top of the charts. A bit like Lady GaGa, but without the million pound record company behind me. And a huge hype machine. And of course the evil.

It's just me, me cans and me kestrel.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I read the 'It's just me, me cans and me kestrel.' in the voice of Craig David on Bo Selecta...

The Mighty Boosh. I'm sorry but no. I saw them live (at a festival absolutely off my knackers) - still no.
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

1) i dont get how wine can taste of chocolate/citrus/plum etc, its made out of grapes, you've never eaten a chocolate bar and gone ohh that tastes like wine

2) coffee - horrible bitter tasting gunk

3) celery - has no point what so ever, do one
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 pm

wookie wrote:

3) celery - has no point what so ever, do one

See also cucumber. You may as well drink water and eat grass...
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Actually this is exactly how "room 101" was supposed to be if you read the first page of it.

Then it degenerated into something more beastly Wink

You may return to your noose now Broadhead.

Very Happy
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm

I wasn't around in those days. I do apologise.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Al is quite right but that doesn't make this wrong.

Salad. A bizzarre food, probably invented by Hitler.

One of many underrated Nazi contributions to society.
    I put it to you Sir, that you are then by your very own admission a "Salad Dodger"?

Oasis. The worst band ever, i hate everything they ever recorded.

Agreed. Not even the best Beatles tribute band in the world never mind their (own) claims of best rock band.

Maths. This is because i'm thick i think, i panic at checkouts trying to work out if i have enough money on me.

I am numerically challenged. It's a form of Dyslexia. However I find Maths totally fascinating and love reading about it even if I can't add up with a calculator (true!). Yes you are thick Very Happy

Camping. I don't mind mincing about a bit, but sleeping in a tent is my idea of hell.

We call it rambling not mincing but to be fair everyone who comes out with me doing it who is a city slicker does actually mince about. I don't get camping in campsites with 'all the comforts of home' . There is some joy to be had in getting away with your life in extreme conditions though.

Heavy Metal. it's just a noise.

This I heard very clearly in your voice Very Happy It is such a None-More-Dad thing to say.

tracksuits. No one over the age of 14 should ever wear one, unless undertaking in physical activity (see below)

But what if you can't be arsed and are a fatty? Like Americans? Very Happy

Physical activity. Unless it's sexy time, i just can't be bothered.

Best Broadhead post ever. It's-a-nize and fresh!

Twilight. I'm not a teenage girl, and vampires aren't real. Piss off.

hahaha! shit. I have been labouring under two massive misconceptions there. The only reason I come on here is I am convinced underneath all the cleverly hidden persona of slightly dull northerners and pensionable old gits there are loads of young girls using it as a pretense to get to me. Some are sexy vampires also.

Note to self ; destroy forum.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Busted.

I am Tina, the teen vampire and I want you Mr Big DJ.

At last I can drop this charade.

Where's my fucking goblet of kiddy blood!? I have to look a-nize-and fresh tonight for our date with destiny. Or Tim.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Laughing Laughing

old fools
    Broadhead
    Broadhead
    vvwi

Post  Broadhead Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Ye Olde Rog wrote:Busted.

Where's my fucking goblet of kiddy blood!? I have to look a-nize-and fresh tonight for our date with destiny. Or Tim.

Laughing

Proper laugh out loud, the rest of the office think i'm a loony type moment reading that.
    Bishop
    Bishop
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4488

Post  Bishop Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Brilliant. Laughing Laughing
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm actually a glazier called Bernard.

I am also after him.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I can't believe we didn't notice this earlier. Never seen during the day, etc, etc...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 pm

bigdaddy wrote:
    I can't believe we didn't notice this earlier. Never seen during the day, etc, etc...

...sleeps in a crate of soil etc etc
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 am

Sherrers wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:

Speaks with a pronounced Hungarian accent, etc, etc, etc, and keeps biting people, of course.

HOW WERE WE SO BLIND?

No, somehow I doubt it was that.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 am

bigdaddy wrote:
    Sherrers wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:

Speaks with a pronounced Hungarian accent, etc, etc, etc, and keeps biting people, of course.

HOW WERE WE SO BLIND?

No, somehow I doubt it was that.

I loved 'Aliens Ate My Buick' - wonder if it stands up to a listen now....
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 am

Thomas Dolby.

One of my heroes.

His work on Prefab Sprout was awesome.

I also saw him do a mental keyboard solo when I worked as crew on that Roger Waters does "The Wall" thing in Berlin. It was ROCKTASTIC grade made.

That sounded ironic. It was genuinely jaw dropping.
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 am

shAdy wrote:I loved 'Aliens Ate My Buick' - wonder if it stands up to a listen now....

Yes.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Post  shAdy Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 am

Wowser 1988...
    crang
    crang
    vvw

Number of posts : 687

Post  crang Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:42 am

Wasps!

What purpose do they honestly serve on this planet? apart from bugging people,and killing old folk!

Jay z!

I have followed rap music from day one, and i can honestly say that this individual is quite frankly one of the worst rappers i have ever heard!,utter shite,how on earth is he getting away with it?

Paul scholes

Cant tackle to save his life,arrogant,and turned his back on the national team in his prime,absolutely dispicable!,playing for your country is the ultimate accolade for a footballer,surely?,a disgrace in my opinion

Psytrance(yes i know,i keep going on about this)

What is it with this form of repetetive phychotic drill white noise death beat madness?,i just cant get my head round it,even whilst massively intoxicated,and reasonably high it still makes me feel ill

People who still exercise while on holiday

For gods sake,give it a rest!,i was sat on the most beautiful beach ever,and every day there were people jogging up and down,it was a 100 degrees for fucks sake,whats wrong with these people?
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Post  bigdaddy Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:13 am

crang wrote:People who still exercise while on holiday

As previously mentioned, "unless it's sexy time".

"Jogging" to me is the perfect example of "I don't get it". Take shedloads of pills and dance it off, you headband-flouting pinkos.
    Fandango Widewheels
    Fandango Widewheels

Number of posts : 6539

Post  Fandango Widewheels Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 am

bigdaddy wrote:

"Jogging" to me is the perfect example of "I don't get it". Take shedloads of pills and dance it off, you headband-flouting pinkos.

I never got this. Drugs increase your heart rate, just like exercise. So how come I'm not doing the tour de france?
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:25 am

MarkD77 wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:

I never got this. Drugs increase your heart rate, just like exercise. So how come I'm not doing the tour de france?

because you dont have a bike?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content