VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

5 posters

VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire?

Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4046

VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire? Empty VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire?

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 am

Just thought I'd ask the question....like.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire? Empty Re: VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire?

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 am

The answer is no.

Lots of reasons not unique to Manchester related to the recession, regional areas being very hard to do if you don't live there and deciding the label and a large flagship event like matter being more efficient.

But mainly the band has skinted me out, I couldn't start a sandwich shop never mind a new night right now.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire? Empty Re: VVWI Coming Back to Manchestershire?

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 am

Oh well....I need to get outta Manchestershire then....being skint hasn't helped...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

I'll go out on a limb here and say the thing about Manchester is it is either monopolies (Snakeys {sic} and Warehouse Project) or local stuff who are quite hostile to anything outside Manc.
    Not quite big enough to be London (where you there are so many people you can try almost anything on any day of the week) and not quite humble enough to be Leeds (where the monopolies are less powerful).
    It is a kind of overall Manc attitude. Very patriotic to a fault really with a bit of a swagger that actually prevents some good stuff sometimes (i.e not having a decent afterhours for a long time) but when it gets something going it is brilliant (i.e W.P)
    I have noticed that as DJs we have a sort of circuit, where you end up in a town once or twice a year but Manchester has never been on that circuit.

Just my observation like.
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 am

Manchester is an island I feel at times...I feel cut off.....
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 am

I wish they'd cut it off completely.
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Not sure if you know O' Son Of The Noddy but his majesty is not a fan of manchestershire, all of it... not just a football thing.

I believe from an earlier thread somewhere he tried to use his Lordly powers to have it dissolved during his stint at Parliament.
    RvZ
    RvZ
    vvvwi

Number of posts : 2685

Post  RvZ Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Token Bird wrote:Not sure if you know O' Son Of The Noddy but his majesty is not a fan of manchestershire, all of it... not just a football thing.

I believe from an earlier thread somewhere he tried to use his Lordly powers to have it dissolved during his stint at Parliament.

hahaha! yeah I can't remember but it was something like that...
    Son of Nod
    Son of Nod
    vvwi

Post  Son of Nod Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 pm

Token Bird wrote:Not sure if you know O' Son Of The Noddy but his majesty is not a fan of manchestershire, all of it... not just a football thing.

Really, didn't know at all. Will have to find this thread...
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 am

The only time he went to the House of Lords he wanted to make Yorkshire a republic and had sketched out the 'new boundaries of the republic' on the back of a tea towel.

He didn't want Wensleydale. "Sheep, cheese and not proper Yorkshire" and said the Scots could have it as reparations (!)

He wanted most of Lancashire back but not Manchester, which he reckoned could be flooded and made into a reservoir. Something like that.

Other wacky uses for Manchester from his Lordship included an 'Escape to New York' type penal system and a leper colony.
    Ye Olde Rog
    Ye Olde Rog
    vvwi

Number of posts : 1633

Post  Ye Olde Rog Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am

And I'd have got away with it too if it wasn't for them pesky Peers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:53 am