VVWI

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VVWI

veryverywrongindeed recordings

+9
Mouldy
RvZ
scarlet pimpernel
T.B
Bishop
Jonny Boy
jim_kezzle
wookie
tdmusic
13 posters

Resident Advisor Podcast 152 - Ellen Allien

tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Number of posts : 63

Resident Advisor Podcast 152 - Ellen Allien - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Advisor Podcast 152 - Ellen Allien

Post  tdmusic Fri May 01, 2009 7:23 pm

wookie wrote:
    Mouldy wrote:He loves him self so much i even saw on some pic on RA that he has his own name etched into his headphones ha. Also with that flat cap on he looks like he's just come from't dawn pit.

i think pioneer had 20 sets of their new headphones customised, to give away to top international deejays, i think josh was one of them

Yep.. Richie Hawtin has some too. Those headphones cost £260 - ridiculous! They do look sturdy though...
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Resident Advisor Podcast 152 - Ellen Allien - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Advisor Podcast 152 - Ellen Allien

Post  bigdaddy Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm

I've seen Wink play a couple of times in the last few years and he is AWESOME. I mean really awesome. The gig that really surprised me was him blowing away the crowd at the Gallery with stripped-back housey techno, and that is a young crowd more used to banging trance.

The new album, when a banana is just a banana, is great as well, if hard to get a handle on on beatport / itunes. You've got to listen to the tracks build to understand how strong they are. A lot of DJs are claiming that they need to do these long tracks because they are building, building, building, but actually Wink shits on 99% of them from a height. They just aren't in his league.
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic Fri May 01, 2009 8:14 pm

bigdaddy wrote:I've seen Wink play a couple of times in the last few years and he is AWESOME. I mean really awesome. The gig that really surprised me was him blowing away the crowd at the Gallery with stripped-back housey techno, and that is a young crowd more used to banging trance.

The new album, when a banana is just a banana, is great as well, if hard to get a handle on on beatport / itunes. You've got to listen to the tracks build to understand how strong they are. A lot of DJs are claiming that they need to do these long tracks because they are building, building, building, but actually Wink shits on 99% of them from a height. They just aren't in his league.

Awesome album. Counter Clock 319 is just a fucking monster (like Liebling's edit too). Was playing around with Minimum 23 on Traktor last night, which is also a class track. He really is a brilliant producer (and a bit underrated, I feel, or at least overshadowed (is that the word?) by his success with Higher State). As you say, a master of the build up - one of my old favourites is his mix of Tom Mangan - Chutney - amazing build up. That just reminded me of Nick and Danny Chatelain's "Is Killing Me" too, which wasn't Wink, but was on Ovum, and was fucking amazing. Going to go and buy that one now! And now that's made me thinking of "How's Your Evening So Far" ... yeah, awesome producer, and great DJ whenever I've seen him.
    shAdy
    shAdy
    vvw

Number of posts : 521

Post  shAdy Sat May 02, 2009 5:58 am

tdmusic wrote:now that's made me thinking of "How's Your Evening So Far" ... yeah

There's a track! Very Happy
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Number of posts : 9331

Post  Sherrers Fri May 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Ahem!

seeing as no one noticed there is in fact a VVWI tune by none other than our special fella Richard Seeley on the Bpitch compilation mixed by Miss Allien herself

thus :

http://www.discogs.com/Ellen-Allien-Boogy-Bytes-Vol04/release/1266599

(i knew there was a connection somewhere!)

Ker-PLUG

Wink
    tdmusic
    tdmusic
    wrong un

Post  tdmusic Fri May 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Sherrers wrote:Ahem!

seeing as no one noticed there is in fact a VVWI tune by none other than our special fella Richard Seeley on the Bpitch compilation mixed by Miss Allien herself

thus :

Ker-PLUG

Wink

Smile Looks like a wicked album that, I've been listening to Lucio Aquilina's "Magic M" on repeat today, almost forgot how good it is. Will have to try and get hold of a copy.
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 pm

buy it immediately. Richard can retire on the 0.0003 euros he'll get for it.

Embarassed
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Fri May 08, 2009 11:50 pm

while you get the rest of the euros in the royalty payment

to further your world domination plans
    bigdaddy
    bigdaddy

Number of posts : 1233

Post  bigdaddy Sat May 09, 2009 12:36 am

What you get for a compilation licence wouldn't let Tim dominate the world much further than, say, the next door neighbours, and they'd have to be looking the other way when he came over the fence on his panto horse Smile
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 09, 2009 12:50 am

bigdaddy wrote:What you get for a compilation licence wouldn't let Tim dominate the world much further than, say, the next door neighbours, and they'd have to be looking the other way when he came over the fence on his panto horse Smile

half a panto horse

which reminds me of the time.....

Very Happy
    wookie
    wookie
    vvwi

Number of posts : 4123

Post  wookie Sat May 09, 2009 1:01 am

Sherrers wrote:
    bigdaddy wrote:What you get for a compilation licence wouldn't let Tim dominate the world much further than, say, the next door neighbours, and they'd have to be looking the other way when he came over the fence on his panto horse Smile

half a panto horse

which reminds me of the time.....

Very Happy

i bet you were the front
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 09, 2009 1:22 am

guess again.
    Jonny Boy
    Jonny Boy
    vvwi

Number of posts : 753

Post  Jonny Boy Sat May 09, 2009 1:26 am

wait!

I know now.

This is where we shout

TIMBO's TALES

and you have to tell us about the story on the proper thread.

right?
    Sherrers
    Sherrers
    Admin

Post  Sherrers Sat May 09, 2009 2:07 am

Rolling Eyes

ok I did it. Happy?
    T.B
    T.B

Number of posts : 3939

Post  T.B Sat May 09, 2009 4:01 am

Sherrers wrote:Ahem!

thus :

Ker-PLUG

Wink

you kept that quiet.

you forgot didn;t you?
    ralphio
    ralphio

Number of posts : 18

Post  ralphio Sat May 09, 2009 11:07 am

I think Ellen is absolute quality. Her Fabric alnum is one of the best in my opinion. Having said that though, not too keen on her RA podcast. Defo a lot different from her earlier works. Has anyone heard her solo ablbums? especially Berlinette? Have a listen if you havn't already.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content